Cove v Alloa Saturday nights TV special

Everything was going to plan, dominant performance and looked very comfortable. Introducing Buchanan and Scougall looked a no brainer, but our shape went to pot for a bit. Donnelly did a lot of good work in front of the midfield and Cove finally got some freedom in that area. Cove got a lifeline and then it was like Cambodian fields in the Alloa penalty area.

I thought Morrison could have done better at Coves first goal but otherwise he was excellent. 

Both Bobby Wales goals were terrific moves. Wales, Steven and Sutherland are all a great watch, and yesterday was no different.

We will be a threat in the playoffs and for 70 minutes we showed why. That wee spell of horror also showed why we have some vulnerability.

A brilliant way to reach the play-offs though, Andy Graham has done a great job since coming in. All the nonsense off the park is a real shame because on the pitch everything is pretty positive.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

3 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Everything was going to plan, dominant performance and looked very comfortable. Introducing Buchanan and Scougall looked a no brainer, but our shape went to pot for a bit. Donnelly did a lot of good work in front of the midfield and Cove finally got some freedom in that area. Cove got a lifeline and then it was like Cambodian fields in the Alloa penalty area.

I thought Morrison could have done better at Coves first goal but otherwise he was excellent. 

Yeah, we were crying out for a couple of changes as we had stopped playing the way we had and were allowing Cove too much of the ball. For whatever reason, maybe LD off as you say, it didn't work as intended. I'm still a bit bemused that Kev and Robbo are not getting used in those circumstances, but the results are there.

PJ has improved as the season has progressed. Happy if he remains first choice next year.

15 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

we have two dead rubbers now.

the  "dead rubber " against Hamilton technically is just that... but ! both teams wont want to lose that one i would think .

Edited by Vegetableman

We need to keep the momentum up and give everything in these last 2 matches. Goodwin insisted on this in 2018 and it paid off. Momentum and confidence is everything in the play offs and I wouldn't b resting anyone 

8 minutes ago, Oweny said:

We need to keep the momentum up and give everything in these last 2 matches. Goodwin insisted on this in 2018 and it paid off. Momentum and confidence is everything in the play offs and I wouldn't b resting anyone 

would be nice to see Ally Roy get a start though ,he must be slightly miffed at not getting a sub appearance at least .

3 hours ago, printer said:

PJ has improved as the season has progressed. Happy if he remains first choice next year.

PJ is a bit of an enigma and last night summed him up quite well - he produced a number of good saves and the one just before the goals where he saved 1 handed down low to his right was a pretty incredible stop, and then a couple of minutes later he looks less than convincing at the Megginson goal. 

I agree he has definitely improved in the 2nd half of the season compared to the first and we’ve seen a number of decent saves from him in the 2nd half and he’s looked more like the decent shot stopper we seen when he was on loan with us but I think he’s still been less than convincing on a number of occasions and is particularly vulnerable when dealing with crosses. 

I’d still say it’s been one of the weaker positions for us this season and I’d be a little disappointed if Andy wasn’t looking for competition for PJ next season even if it’s League 1 we are in. 

Wouldn’t say goalkeeper has been a particularly impressive area in general for the part time teams in the league this season (none of them have been particularly bad tbh but no one really standing out) but even looking below I would view a Darren Jamieson or maybe a Brett Long (appreciate he broke his leg this season) as potentially being upgrades on PJ. 

i think we would be hard pushed to find an improvement on PJ

possible but we are not Barcelona (as the song goes ) , he did make a mistake looking back at Megginsons goal,  tried to collect it instead of kicking it away, made up for it with a super save later ,but happy to have him as No 1

wondering as well who the 7 re-signings are ? 

He'd just made a good save before Cove's first goal too. No doubt he'll be annoyed with himself for not kicking the ball away but, y'know, hindsight and all that.

He's still young for a goalkeeper. No doubt he'll learn and improve.