Queens v Cove

Relief all round - finally a home win.

Just hope that whoever is making decisions at Palmerston doesn’t somehow retain Bartley’s services.No rapport whatsoever with the supporters and presided over a truly dreadful season.

Hope Annan can stay up - they deserve it.

19 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Relief all round - finally a home win.

Just hope that whoever is making decisions at Palmerston doesn’t somehow retain Bartley’s services.No rapport whatsoever with the supporters and presided over a truly dreadful season.

Hope Annan can stay up - they deserve it.

Bartely has changed his catchphrase from “Judge me in May” to “Let’s draw a line under the season and move on”.
So, unlike every other manager in world football, he didn’t think he should be assessed part way through a season. And now he thinks he can get away with everybody just ignoring it. 

Thankfully they left their best performance of the season until the time it was needed. Perhaps the majority know it'll be the last time they have to play at Palmerston/nearly done working for that eejit in charge. Actually thought all bar one were excellent to a man. Thought Ferguson stank the place out once again. Summed up his time with us in two incidents; a tame shot at the GK and injuring himself after shitebagging out a challenge. Be glad to see the back of him. 

Today's performance again showed me that that group of players had potential to do ok this season. I truly believe had we had someone not completely incompetent we'd have done far better. 

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thankfully they left their best performance of the season until the time it was needed. Perhaps the majority know it'll be the last time they have to play at Palmerston/nearly done working for that eejit in charge. Actually thought all bar one were excellent to a man. Thought Ferguson stank the place out once again. Summed up his time with us in two incidents; a tame shot at the GK and injuring himself after shitebagging out a challenge. Be glad to see the back of him. 

Today's performance again showed me that that group of players had potential to do ok this season. I truly believe had we had someone not completely incompetent we'd have done far better. 

He also had a shot that Reilly should have put in at the far post. Another two that were well saved and a cross the Reilly put over the bar, after robbing the defender in the box. Not sure he gave the ball away all game, maybe once. 

Fair play, you stick to your guns. I cant wait to see who you pick next season.

4 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

He also had a shot that Reilly should have put in at the far post. Another two that were well saved and a cross the Reilly put over the bar, after robbing the defender in the box. Not sure he gave the ball away all game, maybe once. 

Fair play, you stick to your guns. I cant wait to see who you pick next season.

He's shite. 

ETA - I wouldn't say I stick to my guns either. I've often changed my view on players after a period of time. Mercer, McShane and McClelland come to mind. The latter is a player I'd love to see back next season after really not liking him for the longest time. He's come on leaps and bounds this season. As for Ferguson, he's stank the place out for the majority of his time with us and that he was apparently undroppable was pretty incredible. 

Edited by 19QOS19

12 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Bartely has changed his catchphrase from “Judge me in May” to “Let’s draw a line under the season and move on”.
So, unlike every other manager in world football, he didn’t think he should be assessed part way through a season. And now he thinks he can get away with everybody just ignoring it. 

I have no doubt that is what he’ll expect to happen …………….reset and look forward to a rebuild next season. I’m afraid it will not wash. If we go PT arguably his recruitment will get even worse (difficult to imagine I know). He is used to dealing with FT players and relying on loan deals from bigger clubs. In some ways it is a lazy strategy as players are largely found for you by clubs trying to offload surplus squad members who are unlikely to ever “make it”. Conversely in the PT marketplace you have to be very flexible and recognise that football is a secondary career for the vast majority and create a framework that facilitates that. 

In theory we should be able to attract some of Scotland’s best part timers but to do that our Manager needs to know who they are and how to get them on board.

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's shite. 

ETA - I wouldn't say I stick to my guns either. I've often changed my view on players after a period of time. Mercer, McShane and McClelland come to mind. The latter is a player I'd love to see back next season after really not liking him for the longest time. He's come on leaps and bounds this season. As for Ferguson, he's stank the place out for the majority of his time with us and that he was apparently undroppable was pretty incredible. 

Fair, you do change your mind on some players. Theres always one, though, that you single out. Ferguson has been nowhere near as bad as you've claimed.

Like I said, I look forward to seeing who you pick next season.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

In this case yes. A couple of tame shots today doesn't change that I'm afraid. 

If thats all you saw in his performance today, theres not much else I can say.

18 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Fair, you do change your mind on some players. Theres always one, though, that you single out. Ferguson has been nowhere near as bad as you've claimed.

Like I said, I look forward to seeing who you pick next season.

If thats all you saw in his performance today, theres not much else I can say.

If you think he hasn't been bad then fair enough but for me, 3 goals and 1 assist from 26 starts is pretty shite from an attacking midfielder. Particularly when you compare it to Gibson's stats, who for whatever reason couldn't buy a run of games in the side. 

I tend to single out a player every year I think is awful. It's not been hard the last few years tbh. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Fair play to the travelling Cove fans: their team gave them nothing. Considering the playoff at stake they seemed to be on holiday mode from the start. Queens really should have won by a few more but profligate in front of goal. Impressed with Houston.

Delighted we’re safe, but our slightly improved form recently is really a case of too little, too late by Bartley. A dreadful season and dwindling crowds/interest means he must be paid off as soon as possible and someone else tasked with building a top 4 side next season

A good performance today and a comfortable win.

Thank Christ we're safe.

An unbelievably bad season though.  We need to reflect on that in trying to find any kind of meaningful way forward next time.  Wholesale change is surely needed.

21 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A good performance today and a comfortable win.

Thank Christ we're safe.

An unbelievably bad season though.  We need to reflect on that in trying to find any kind of meaningful way forward next time.  Wholesale change is surely needed.

I thought we played really well today, despite my misgivings about the line up (  I would have had Efe in and dropped Logan). Pass marks for all except Ferguson ( empty jersey again) and Todd who looked slow with poor control and gave the ball away too much. 

Our running off the ball up front was a delight and for once decent passes forward. I thought Stone, Houston, McLelland, Reilly and Connolly shone. 

Doesn’t alter the fact that we need a new manager and have to bin most of this underachieving squad. One more season FT for me. 

I can’t make Montrose next Saturday so thank god I don’t have to watch us until July as it’s been a horrible season

49 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I'm pleased for Queens fans that their team is safe.  My own team isn't, so may or may not see you next season. 

I like the Binos. Hope you and Annan both stay up.