Airdrieonians vs The Champions - 26/04/24

2 hours ago, Airdrie101 said:

Diamond checking in from the US.  Will this be on Iplayer on Friday?

It's certainly listed on the iPlayer but you may have to use a VPN to show your location as being in the UK to view it, I'm honestly not sure how that will work.

Screenshot_20240424-200551.thumb.png.b18fd3a0acacf3148891775d8991cfdf.png

8 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Crowd was 6,555 and Hearts sold around 4,300 - so more like 2,200 Airdrie fans which sounds more realistic unless I've missed something? 

I’m pretty sure you’re still a league one club so away you go for now 👍

10 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Crowd was 6,555 and Hearts sold around 4,300 - so more like 2,200 Airdrie fans which sounds more realistic unless I've missed something? 

Crowd was over 7000 and the home stand was almost full to 3700 capacity so clearly u have missed something. 

Our crowd not too dissimilar to 60% of championship clubs. See at end of season. Probably only a 100 or 2 in it. 

Take raiths bumper united and dunfermline crowds out and they're  title chasing crowds probably 2500.

17 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

It's certainly listed on the iPlayer but you may have to use a VPN to show your location as being in the UK to view it, I'm honestly not sure how that will work.

Screenshot_20240424-200551.thumb.png.b18fd3a0acacf3148891775d8991cfdf.png

It should work.  I’m in Spain and know someone who uses NordVPN all the time on their iPad and Firestick to access the BBC as a U.K. viewer.

I will not reveal who that person is.  :rolleyes:

Hats off to the Dundee United fans thats the East Stand sold out and now have an additional 3 sections of South stand behind the goal,  looking like 3k  , impressive stuff..    looking like 4.5k not bad for a Friday night on the box

On 24/04/2024 at 14:47, Arab_R_us said:

I respect clubs with good supports. 

In your canon of bafflingly stupid comments on this forum, this is one of the stupidest. Good to know that you have the deepest of respect for the old firm then. 

Right United,get this mob cemented into 4th place tonight so we can have a leisurly wee kick-about tomorrow and next Saturday .

Edited by I Clavdivs

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

In your canon of bafflingly stupid comments on this forum, this is one of the stupidest. Good to know that you have the deepest of respect for the old firm then. 

Please do not consider this as a defence of the village idiot, but good supports and large supports are not the same thing...

The East Stand is sold out and around 150 seats sold in the South Stand so looks to be our biggest crowd for a league game since Rangers were in the lower leagues, really good turn-out by the Utd fans given it's a Friday night TV game.

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Please do not consider this as a defence of the village idiot, but good supports and large supports are not the same thing...

I know this, you know this, but we're not the folk making stupid blanket statements.

Do we not get a guard of honour first for pretty much single handedly keeping Raith at bay for you? 

Jumping the gun a bit when you consider Raith only need to win their last 2 games by a 35 goal margin and have Dundee Utd lose twice. We win tonight and Raith win 18 -1 down in Greenock tomorrow then it’s game on they could easily take 20 off of Arbroath 

Edited by diamond_for_life

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I can see where @Arab_R_us is coming from, in fairness. The Old Firm doesn't apply, as they draw their support from across the country, evidenced by the massive number of buses parked around their grounds at home games - annoyingly from towns and cities with clubs of their own.

However, I respect clubs like Falkirk whose fans have turned out in massive numbers to watch them play third-tier fitba. Killie have an amazing support, given the size of the town, too. I'm biased, but I think St. Mirren are another example, given Ibrox is 2.5 miles from the Glasgow/Paisley boundary. Ultimately, if the townspeople are disinterested, do they deserve a local club of any stature? Saying that, I always feel for fans of clubs like Livingston and Hamilton that do travel to watch their side.

Anyway, I will tune in tonight, but there's nothing really to play for now the play-off places have been confirmed. I might stick a £5 on the result. 2-2 draw?