Tonight's scores

5 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Who's in charge of Irvine Meadow? They seem to be getting horsed week in week out!

I think it is still Ben Carson (unless I have missed something). They kept trying to encourage the players even at 4-0 but some of the goals they gave away tonight were shocking. 

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Think with Talbot having so many games to play in so short a space that Beith are still favourites. However this time next week we could have a champion

I can't think of any examples of us winning four games in eight days. Not every opponent will be as half arsed as Gartcairn tonight although I sincerely hope they are!

15 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I can't think of any examples of us winning four games in eight days. Not every opponent will be as half arsed as Gartcairn tonight although I sincerely hope they are!

Got to think that with calibre of player they have available ( and not had to pay for obvs ) that still flirting with relegation has got to be very disappointing. 2 games against us they've looked decent ( caveat I'm getting info on 1st game 2nd hand ). Maybe they're just playing season out. 

7 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Got to think that with calibre of player they have available ( and not had to pay for obvs ) that still flirting with relegation has got to be very disappointing. 2 games against us they've looked decent ( caveat I'm getting info on 1st game 2nd hand ). Maybe they're just playing season out. 

They’ve got great social media though …..

2 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

They looked like a technically decent side who didn't really fancy mixing it. Give us another seven games where we can easily outwork the opposition like that and we'll be championees. Sadly you only get a couple of games like that a season in this league. 

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I think it is still Ben Carson (unless I have missed something). They kept trying to encourage the players even at 4-0 but some of the goals they gave away tonight were shocking. 

This season is the worse Meadow team I can remember to have so many big losses. Can see another relegation next season if we don't manage to build a far better squad together.

Been far too many of our best players been sold to our league rivals on the cheap and replacements been of a far poorer standard. Need some clever investment in playing squad & big changes at the club or we will languish in 1st - 2nd Divisions...

Edited by Shannon

No team wanting to win the West Of Scotland Premier League? 

Thought Clydebank were a shoe in at one point, but no wins in February 24 seemed to put the breaks on that one. 

Now, Beith have only won, one of last 3 matches.

Auchinleck can now draw level if they win all their games in hand, but is that a step too far? 

Also, what’s with Clydebank having no league matches since 6 April? Momentum can be key, but this gap must be detrimental to their cause. 

9 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

No team wanting to win the West Of Scotland Premier League? 

Thought Clydebank were a shoe in at one point, but no wins in February 24 seemed to put the breaks on that one. 

Now, Beith have only won, one of last 3 matches.

Auchinleck can now draw level if they win all their games in hand, but is that a step too far? 

Also, what’s with Clydebank having no league matches since 6 April? Momentum can be key, but this gap must be detrimental to their cause. 

You’ll have to ask the fixture magician @Kennie why the fixtures are a disaster.

12 hours ago, Shanner said:

They looked like a technically decent side who didn't really fancy mixing it. Give us another seven games where we can easily outwork the opposition like that and we'll be championees. Sadly you only get a couple of games like that a season in this league. 

Took in talbot game last night Gartcairn we’re very poor didn’t see any Gartcairn fans they had a full dugout  but not one fan

24 minutes ago, glenmuir said:

Took in talbot game last night Gartcairn we’re very poor didn’t see any Gartcairn fans they had a full dugout  but not one fan

cant see many talbot fans making a Monday night trip to cumbernauld!

32 minutes ago, btw lads said:

cant see many talbot fans making a Monday night trip to cumbernauld!

I would say not one talbot fan will be at Cumbernauld on Monday night as the game is not getting played there 

29 minutes ago, Forfoxsake said:

I would say not one talbot fan will be at Cumbernauld on Monday night as the game is not getting played there 

There will be more Talbot fans turning up at Guys Meadow in error on Monday than punters from Airdrie turned up to support Gartcairn last night.

Edited by Shanner

14 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Probably fewer postponements, out of the cups earlier (3x Scottish Cup, 1x SCC, 2x League Cup games but also no Junior Cup - compared to Talbot with 16, Beith, Darvel and Pollok 14), Benburb game brought forward in October when both were idle (they ended up losing) - though the gap won't be what costs them the title.

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Probably fewer postponements, out of the cups earlier (3x Scottish Cup, 1x SCC, 2x League Cup games but also no Junior Cup - compared to Talbot with 16, Beith, Darvel and Pollok 14), Benburb game brought forward in October when both were idle (they ended up losing) - though the gap won't be what costs them the title.

The Benburb game was brought forward a fortnight and only meant we had no game 2 weeks later!!

Talbot could’ve been playing midweek games much earlier.

Edited by Vanderbilt

2 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

The Benburb game was brought forward a fortnight and only meant we had no game 2 weeks later!!

It's mad that we weren't. 2 more midweek games earlier in the season and we'd have been fine. 

16 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

I keep wondering why they didn't play the last two midweeks 🤔

2 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

No, it was brought forward (with a week's notice) from 2nd December which was a washout for all fixtures.

24 minutes ago, Shanner said:

It's mad that we weren't. 2 more midweek games earlier in the season and we'd have been fine. 

Continuing with single leg Junior Cup semi finals would've kept two matchdays for the league but I suppose it's more important for the SJFA to make money.