Dundee United vs Partick Thistle - 3rd of May 2024 - PARTY TIME

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dundee United love an absolutely shite flag display.

A typical bitter Dee. Dens is a pure shite hole with nae atmosphere. 

You lot are still playing second fiddle to us despite being in a lower league and we are consistently bringing better numbers home and away which is embarrassing for you lot. 

I was way behind the play on the telly, and just finished watching the game. 
brilliant performance and celebrations at the end of that game. Well deserved league win for the Arabs, the table doesn’t lie.

congratulations Dundee United 

21 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

A typical bitter Dee. Dens is a pure shite hole with nae atmosphere. 

You lot are still playing second fiddle to us despite being in a lower league and we are consistently bringing better numbers home and away which is embarrassing for you lot. 

Fucking state of that.

Stewart was chronic on commentary tonight. Appreciate he has a job to do and call the action. It couldn't have been more obvious that Thistle didn't give a rat's arse about this game. The full sub bench almost, started the game. 16/17yr olds coming on at the end. Questioning the changes, saying it will impact our playoff campaign because we got a "doin". Completely out of touch. Considering Airdrie did the same thing and lost 2-0 to QP, I'm pretty sure nobody gives a shit.

As much as there can be some quite nasty banter between Jags and United fans at times, I do think they were a great addition to the league this year. Being able to play against players like Watt, Moult, Middleton in this league has only made the other teams' players better for it. Playing United has been a challenge for every team and some teams have even rose to that challenge and managed to grab points. I don't remember it being like that with Dundee or Killie. I also quite like Goodwin as a manager and find him very professional. And finally, you have to take your hat off to Docherty and Holt for taking a bet on themselves leaving Thistle and settling into the United Team and winning the league. Docherty especially now, is going to get a crack at captaining the side in the top flight and he is more than capable of that.

As for Thistle, anything can happen in these playoffs. Either way I think we will be up there and about again next year, if we don't do it this year. Ultimately we have finished one place above last season and hence banked 80k more prize money, so you can't say we haven't improved despite losing 4 of our best players. Slightly less points tally which is frustrating. And I don't think losing the playoffs can be classed as a failed season considering all the shite that came out last June.

That was a braw night. Just read through the last six pages and noticed a sharp drop off in banter from the second goal onwards. Notwithstanding Thistle being pretty pish all night (no doubt with one and a half eyes on Tuesday's game) it was a very nice way to finish the season for United.  Managed to give some time to the guys who contributed earlier in the season, a goal for each of the three top scorers and the player of the season, then finished off with about 10 minutes of keeping the ball and taking the piss. Could have been about 10 but that would have been rather gauche.

Almost makes last season's horror show worthwhile. But not quite.

Louis Moult smashing penalties>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Louis Moult placing penalties

Tremendous evening last night, brilliant atmosphere, and a good victory to round off the season.

Hope the Thistle fan who was losing the plot at the ballboy enjoyed his evening, and that Dens is playable for today after that rain in the 2nd half

3 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

It was mentioned but was immaterial in the end. 

Yeah, they did say at half time.  How nobody noticed at the time is strange, it seemed really clear at the game. 

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Yeah, they did say at half time.  How nobody noticed at the time is strange, it seemed really clear at the game. 

I haven't watched it back but one of the guys out wide stepped back as the other kept going forward. 

Certainly in the debatable category.

9 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

It looked offside on TV. Was surprised they didn’t mention it at the time.

It was right in front of me, and was clearly offside. No matter. Rather that than VAR