Rovers 🔵 🦁 v 🍆 🎣🐠 Arbroath - Friday Night

I really hope Raith get it done in the playoffs, whisper it, but of all the Fife teams, I've always quite liked Raith.  I'm not sure why, but they just seem like a bigger classier club than the others.  We've certainly given you the best preparation for it!

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

A bit harsh of Vaughan not to let Smith take one of the penalties but that’s what strikers do I guess. 

Given that we'd already blown two 2-0 leads over Arbroath this season and given that Smith's penalty against the Pars was poor, I agree with the decision to have Vaughan take the penalties.

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

-or Rovers, Kyle Turner was excellent tonight, probably my man of the match. 

55 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Definitely Turner MOM 

I'm told he was the match sponsors' motm as well but the club overruled.

17 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Bizarre, any reason?

I'd have given it to Vaughan just for that assist 

To the wee fanny's that thought it was fun to through bit's of hot dog and other things at the Arbroath goalkeeper, just fucking don't

Eventually cctv will get ya 

3 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

To the wee fanny's that thought it was fun to through bit's of hot dog and other things at the Arbroath goalkeeper, just fucking don't

Eventually cctv will get ya 

Thank f**k they will be sat right down the front in the "singing section" hense forth, without consultation to the fans who have season tickets there, so far... 

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

Bye bye Arbroath. You won't be missed......

Is that because we've taken so many points off you in our 5 seasons in the Championship  ??

4 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Is that because we've taken so many points off you in our 5 seasons in the Championship  ??

I'll let you do the maths on how many seasons we've shared in the championship... 

Just generally found you to be annoying as f**k as a team and iv said since we came up, I'd get up to gayfield and for many different reasons never managed it. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Arbroath have beaten Raith Rovers four times in the last 27 meetings. I was really hoping you’d stick around to be quite honest 

Edited by McGuigan1978

18 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Arbroath have beaten Raith Rovers four times in the last 27 meetings. I was really hoping you’d stick around to be quite honest 

Bizarrely enough,  the stats I checked say Raith won 6 of the last 20 meetings. As I said that's a lot of points dropped. 

Would have made no difference to the outcome as Raith were miles better in all aspects but late contenders surely for Most stonewall penalty of the season and softest penalty of the season. Thought it from the away end but having watched the highlights I’m genuinely confused as to what makes Connelly fall over? And the ref bought it?! 

15 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Bizarrely enough,  the stats I checked say Raith won 6 of the last 20 meetings. As I said that's a lot of points dropped. 

You need to get out more often

7 minutes ago, Fitbafan36 said:

Would have made no difference to the outcome as Raith were miles better in all aspects but late contenders surely for Most stonewall penalty of the season and softest penalty of the season. Thought it from the away end but having watched the highlights I’m genuinely confused as to what makes Connelly fall over? And the ref bought it?! 

Yep watching it back again confirmed what I thought at our end, he played for it and won it, defender nowhere near

8 hours ago, Yoss said:

What a load of nonsense. The announcer gets a bit of paper handed to him from the sponsors and he reads it out. It’s not scrutinised by the board of directors. 

9 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

What a load of nonsense. The announcer gets a bit of paper handed to him from the sponsors and he reads it out. It’s not scrutinised by the board of directors. 

100% this. They will let you choose any Raith player even if you're in no fit state to make the decision.

Turner was excellent but Vaughan and Smith both had a classy assist in addition to their goals so not a hugely controversial decision for me.

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think the defender puts his studs down Connolly’s achilles, no? 

He made it look like that anyway

Fair play to any Arbroath fans there last night, those players looked as though they couldn't give a shite.

Despite the standard of opposition,  we were superb last night and that gives real selection headaches for the manager.