24/25 - New Kits

21 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Who does Partick's social media stuff? The pictures they put up of new signings and stuff are always really unclear, or is that just to me?

Aye, the reason that looks better "In the flesh" is because you can barely make out the top. 

If Brian Graham has a purple tinge on his flesh he should go to a GP pronto. 

42 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, the reason that looks better "In the flesh" is because you can barely make out the top. 

If Brian Graham has a purple tinge on his flesh he should go to a GP pronto. 

Brian Graham looks good no matter what colour he is.

You can see it in all it's glory here:

https://x.com/partickthistle/status/1806598536408015059?s=48&t=F-2qsGZ5B_FROyM8dgf7Aw

Edited by baba douche

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Who does Partick's social media stuff? The pictures they put up of new signings and stuff are always really unclear, or is that just to me?

It's meant to be some kind of "glaze" on those type of images. Not everything is in that style, so it's definitely a choice for certain announcements.

The biggest issue I have with our social media output is plastering a big badge of the opposition on the screen for our "next fixture" updates. Maybe I'm alone in that, but for some reason it annoys me. Example:

On 23/06/2024 at 11:18, Shodwall cat said:

Pars tops decent for me it's the blue sponsor that fecks it up.

Aye 100% true. SRJ changed their branding/logos for the start of last season, whilst I really like the large letters similar to Arsenal JVC sponsor in the 90's, the blue is a bit weird. Would be much better if the Errea and SRJ logo were red as technically club colours. Some graphic guys have already ran a mock of it, looks so much better.

On 23/06/2024 at 14:55, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah

I don’t know exactly what I dislike about it but I know it’s rotten. 

I think black shorts would be an improvement. 

When we announced Ngwenya yesterday he had black shorts on with the home kit. Hoping that is a sign of things to come, however could also be training kit shorts that he was already wearing. The black does look much better.

On 24/06/2024 at 10:34, Shodwall cat said:

The pars black away kit is cracking with the gold sponsor on the black. Much better.

Heard rumours of a black and gold away kit but yet to see it.

3 hours ago, Jagsman411971 said:

New Thistle away strip.

1_cf1b4b36-4ada-426b-8b1a-cf7486c4f972.webp

hhhhhhhhhh.webp

Like!

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

You are easily pleased.

Decent effort but that’s it.

With a different, more size appropriate sponsor in the middle of it, it's an all-timer Livi top. I reckon it's still up there though.

14 hours ago, ATLIS said:

If the league was won on kits alone, this home top is lifting the trophy in June already :D 

Meh.  That’s a bog standard strip.  And I’ve always thought the amber (much like Hearts maroon) looks cheap for some reason.

58 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Meh.  That’s a bog standard strip.  And I’ve always thought the amber (much like Hearts maroon) looks cheap for some reason.

I've suffered through far too many cheap yellows to take the amber for granted now. Collar stuff reminds me of the early 2000s kits we had

Edited by ATLIS

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I've suffered through far too many cheap yellows to take the amber for granted now. Collar stuff reminds me of the early 2000s kits we had

Fair.  I think we all prefer “classic” from our own clubs rather than “different-but-cheap”.