SNP's Next Permanent Manager 2024

Who will be SNP's next permanent manager?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Two candidates have  now spoken with another candidate and subsequently withdrawn their leadership application. Would this be normal behaviour in politics where members deserve a choice and chance to put their points across. With the Snp shouting loudly about freedom and democratic choice they obviously don't do as they say.

I’m a member of the SNP and I’m happy with what’s happening.

Are you an SNP member?

Thankfully some sense has been talked into McCormick, but the party executive should really change the rules to ensure that only an MSP (or maybe an MP) can run for leader. 

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m a member of the SNP and I’m happy with what’s happening.

Are you an SNP member?

No. Would happiness be a general consensus for the Snp membership right now?

15 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I’ll call them all up and get back to you with an answer.

19 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I reckon so yes, and based on local knowledge Mr McCormick can now return to the wilder shores of the party's outer limits.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ll call them all up and get back to you with an answer.

The way the membership figures are going, you may be finished quite quickly.  Better use WhatsApp though so that a) the messages can be deleted and b) you avoid roaming charges.

48 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Thankfully some sense has been talked into., but the party executive should really change the rules to ensure that only an MSP (or maybe an MP) can run for leader. 

And more nominations. McCormick got most of his by sitting at the Pensioners for Independence stall at AUOB on Saturday and asking for signatures.

The main small group who decides things in the snp, having gone for Yousaf as there last pick and that worked out so well, if it goes down the Swinney this time whos going to trust that group for a 3rd pick?  Maybe it will be time if that happens to consider a complete overhaul and a bit of reorganisation within the party.

4 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

The main small group who decides things in the snp, having gone for Yousaf as there last pick and that worked out so well, if it goes down the Swinney this time whos going to trust that group for a 3rd pick?  Maybe it will be time if that happens to consider a complete overhaul and a bit of reorganisation within the party.

Can't do any major reset until the Murrell investigation is over, I think that's why only Swinney volunteered for the job.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Can't do any major reset until the Murrell investigation is over, I think that's why only Swinney volunteered for the job.

everything suggests he never volunteered. It was more lumbered on to him by others within that clique who run things as none of them want to risk their own reputation at the moment. Hes too nice to refuse and probably feels a sense of duty to take it based on all that.

The ‘SNP BAD’ crowd seem very upset that this has all been settled without fallout with the ranks.  Poor wee shame.

From what I've seen from people who feel betrayed by McCormick bottling it, their main complaint is they won't get the chance to shout "What is a woman?" at Swinney in the hustings.

46 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

What relevance does racist Sean Clerkin have to an internal SNP election? He's not a member, so wouldn't have a vote

13 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

The membership cannot be trusted to choose the right leader. It's better left to Nicola.

The membership put forward John Swinney, and noone else chose to stand. Nicolas didn't endorse anyone as far as I'm aware