SNP's Next Permanent Manager 2024

Who will be SNP's next permanent manager?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, this is rather awkward after what was said by the SNP about Johnson-Truss-Sunak, now that we will have had Sturgeon-Yousaf-Swinney.

A monstrously bald failure from 20 years ago, ffs. Independence has never felt further away because of these total losers and those who continue to cheerlead them.

Get the unwanted culture war nonsense straight in the bin. Realpolitik and economic growth are the only things that will win more people over to the cause. If they can't see this or aren't interested, then deserved electoral oblivion will await.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Delighted that the bigoted homophobe is not running; can just about stomach her getting a cabinet job.

Douglas Ross (of the Conservative Party) calling it a “shady backroom deal” totally oblivious to what’s happened at U.K. level since the last GE.

Ross is more and more resembling the malicious little dwarf in 'The Singing Ringing Tree' of Tales From Europe fame.

One for the oldies there.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

an incredibly astute politician and leader of the free world for most of the century

The people of Greece probably have a different view of her. 

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Is there anything to be said for getting Swinney to wear a nice wig?

It would be worth just to see Joanna Cherry going apoplectic, especially with a little black dress combo.

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Benny Hill won't pop up and start slapping him on top of his head?

I just wish they'd hurry up, Slater was sacked almost a week ago. Who is looking after the Circular Economy ? Is it even Circular anymore, it might be Triangular by now.

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Ross is more and more resembling the malicious little dwarf in 'The Singing Ringing Tree' of Tales From Europe fame.

Still have nightmares 😱

ringing5.jpg

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No, no, no, I won’t have that!

Douglas Ross is Tubbs and Edward’s child.

IMG_6727.jpeg.7b9ca058009cd67df5a30eb71ceb352a.jpeg

Edited by Scary Bear

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Elixir said:

Well, this is rather awkward after what was said by the SNP about Johnson-Truss-Sunak, now that we will have had Sturgeon-Yousaf-Swinney.

A monstrously bald failure from 20 years ago, ffs. Independence has never felt further away because of these total losers and those who continue to cheerlead them.

Get the unwanted culture war nonsense straight in the bin. Realpolitik and economic growth are the only things that will win more people over to the cause. If they can't see this or aren't interested, then deserved electoral oblivion will await.

Sturgeon created the culture war policy,  as you say

Yussaf was her continuity candidate 

It will take time to unravel her years in office 

The entire independence movement is about long term what would be better for the people of Scotland 

Read Ireland,  Denmark etc

Edited by Binos

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

Can't wait for him to turn up to his maiden First Minister's Questions sporting a Turkish hair transplant.

16 minutes ago, Binos said:

Sturgeon created the culture war policy,  as you say

Yussaf was her continuity candidate 

It will take time to unravel her years in office 

The entire independence movement is about long term what would be better for the people of Scotland 

Read Ireland,  Denmark etc

Sturgeon played it too safe for too long and over time it all unravelled. The contrast in how Scotland and the rest of the UK voted on Brexit should have been the difference maker and instead of action it was just 'poor us, look at what they did and are making us go through'.

Until a fresh, normal, and charismatic new leader can emerge with an ability to grow the economy - and dare I say it endorse and deliver on things that are actually popular across the political spectrum with the majority of the population - the SNP and independence cause will go no further. There are too many failings associated with the Sturgeon era that need cleared out, and frankly these things will require the passing of time and probably at least a term in opposition.

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

Sturgeon played it too safe for too long and over time it all unravelled. The contrast in how Scotland and the rest of the UK voted on Brexit should have been the difference maker and instead of action it was just 'poor us, look at what they did and are making us go through'.

Until a fresh, normal, and charismatic new leader can emerge with an ability to grow the economy - and dare I say it endorse and deliver on things that are actually popular across the political spectrum with the majority of the population - the SNP and independence cause will go no further. There are too many failings associated with the Sturgeon era that need cleared out, and frankly these things will require the passing of time and probably at least a term in opposition.

What's the democratic route to independence? 

15 hours ago, Elixir said:

This is exactly how I feel. Govern well, continue to show the Scottish voters how much better they at governing, with one hand tied behind their back, than the two loser parties in WM, and the Independence movement will take care of itself. 

Posted (edited)

Can we still refer to this govt as progressive once Swinney is anointed? Why bother having a deputy that can't step up and be forced to drag yesterdays man out his bed. Could be further difficult times ahead if he's caught up in any of the branchform fall out. Either they know this already or it's  a gamble to keep all of the other bodies safely buried 

Edited by AyrExile

19 hours ago, renton said:

If someone isn't mocking up John Swinney and Kate Forbes in the style of the American Gothic painting, then there is a trick being missed...

OK, I found an AI painting tool online and asked it to produce this. 

I don't think it understood. 

x_AFuz6eSPGmR5BEgiyW3A.webp

ErtjJwj2QzOxo8ArneP-NA.webp

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

OK, I found an AI painting tool online and asked it to produce this. 

I don't think it understood. 

x_AFuz6eSPGmR5BEgiyW3A.webp

ErtjJwj2QzOxo8ArneP-NA.webp

My AI needs remedial classes I think.

image.png.450d7ac3471a39d75a2043d902cd66d3.png

image.png.06b119d7624e77a8cfe3d734940a0b5e.png

Edited by welshbairn