Public mass attacks

Thought I'd create a thread for the new trend of mass casualty attacks in the UK.  In Hainult, London earlier this week a man wielding a samuri sword attacked and killed a 14 year old and severely injured several police officers.  A few weeks ago in Wales a pupil attacked several people in a school and today a 17 year old has been arrested on suspicion of murder after an attack at a school in Sheffield.  Two teachers and a child were minorly injured with a piece of broken glass in the latest attack.

Is it just random chance that these attacks have happened in the last few weeks?

What the hell is going on in this country?

37 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

What's the cut off for 'mass' here ?

More than 1 injury ?

Happens in a chapel. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Thought I'd create a thread for the new trend of mass casualty attacks in the UK.  In Hainult, London earlier this week a man wielding a samuri sword attacked and killed a 14 year old and severely injured several police officers.  A few weeks ago in Wales a pupil attacked several people in a school and today a 17 year old has been arrested on suspicion of murder after an attack at a school in Sheffield.  Two teachers and a child were minorly injured with a piece of broken glass in the latest attack.

Is it just random chance that these attacks have happened in the last few weeks?

What the hell is going on in this country?

You seem to have answered your own question.

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

today a 17 year old has been arrested on suspicion of murder after an attack at a school in Sheffield.  Two teachers and a child were minorly injured

Controversial.

Posted (edited)

I would suggest it's fifteen years of drastic cuts to public services, mental health support, plummeting living standards and a generation with ever decreasing hope in having a future worth anything. 

Depressing seeing the amount of c***s on social media today clearly delighted by an opportunity to blame Sadiq Khan for something. 

Edited by JMDP

14 minutes ago, JMDP said:

I would suggest it's fifteen years of drastic cuts to public services, mental health support, plummeting living standards and a generation with ever decreasing hope in having a future worth anything. 

Depressing seeing the amount of c***s on social media today clearly delighted by an opportunity to blame Sadiq Khan for something. 

Is the country in a worse state than the 60's/70's? Living standards looked pretty shit back then, I doubt mental health was even discussed, were public services and future prospects all that better? 

We had a sword attack down here last week where the victim thankfully never died. Is it possible there are just a higher percentage of fuckwits in our society nowadays? 

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is the country in a worse state than the 60's/70's? Living standards looked pretty shit back then, I doubt mental health was even discussed, were public services and future prospects all that better? 

We had a sword attack down here last week where the victim thankfully never died. Is it possible there are just a higher percentage of fuckwits in our society nowadays? 

Media coverage is massively different and it’s hard to try compare different eras as a result.  Does the London attack gain any significant traction if it’s not filmed for social media? I suspect it would have just gone down with a police statement and a local journalist covering it mostly by quoting said statement 50 years ago.

Stats all back up that’s society as a whole is safer now than days gone by 

Doesn't seem anything massively new about it, there have always been mass murderers. Another reason to be grateful we don't live in a country that allows free and easy access to guns or these attackers would almost certainly kill lots more people than you're able to do with a knife/sword, etc.