Aberdeen v St. Johnstone (If anyone cares)

2 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

don't think M. Smith is a bad player although obviously some of his early career including the caps will have been a result of having been at city. But so little commitment. 

He’s having one of his better games today but is still pretty anonymous. Pretty much sums it up really.

Some let off just before the break with the free kick and especially the rebound.

Phillips needs to get the finger out, absolute lack of awareness twice where he’s fannied about and been dispossessed to allow Aberdeen attacks.

Thought we looked okay earlier on with Drey getting forward on the right, but that’s died away and it’s scrappy. Hard to know where we’ll get a goal from though Clark’s been more involved than in previous weeks.

Thought Benji should have been more positive and driven in and shot but fair play he wanted to give us all a laugh by laying it off for Connor Smith to balloon it over the bar.

I suppose the one positive so far is it looks like we can’t be automatically relegated anymore.

A scrappy 1-0 win for us here would be massive. Adama might be able to provide a moment or two when he comes on off the bench.

2 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Absolutely terrible player. I've seen nothing of him to suggest he should be playing anywhere above league 1/League 2. 

I'm not even really sure what his strengths are? From previous clubs it's like he can hit a screamer every so often but there's nothing else.

2 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Just such an absolutely honking attitude.

Aye. He's so soft and just flops down at any contact wanting a free kick. Can tell he was good at youth level as he's got that attitude.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I suppose the one positive so far is it looks like we can’t be automatically relegated anymore.

Tbf that's not been a realistic risk for a while now, really.

I still think this is a game we need to win to prevent it being must win at home to County. A recently relegated Livingston away doesn't sound like a good one to me.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. He's so soft and just flops down at any contact wanting a free kick. Can tell he was good at youth level as he's got that attitude.

I had him in an all conquering saints team one fm back when his face Pic would have been with that blonde mop. Was positively predisposed as a result but safe to say those fond memories firmly in the bin. Guess his PA must have been higher back then from a youth career

Edited by FrankChickens1

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Just get Crawford on for Conor Smith and be done with it. 

We are going to end up with a midfield of Conor Smith, MacPherson and Crawford at some point in this game aren't we? 😬

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

We are going to end up with a midfield of Conor Smith, MacPherson and Crawford at some point in this game aren't we? 😬

I would consider leaving the ground. 

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I would consider leaving the ground. 

Smith, Kucheriavyi and Crawford...

Genuinely pathetic how bad we are at defending set plays. Aberdeen twice had free headers within 12 yards.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely pathetic how bad we are at defending set plays. Aberdeen twice had free headers within 12 yards.

That was atrocious. Just unbelievably poor. Being picked apart with ease now too.

Matt Smith at RWB v Holiett then presumably Duk.

Sounds a great plan.