Attendance stats for the season

8/10 involved Dundee Utd, impressive.  

12 hours ago, Nightmare said:

It certainly seems to be commonplace in the top flight these days, but below that I'd say that most teams still declare the attendance based on, well, the attendance.

At Championship level, Dunfermline and ICT are the only ones who I would say for certain use the "tickets sold" metric instead of the actual number of people in the ground. Your reply seems to suggest it might be something that Rovers have started doing as well? The attendances seem to have improved significantly at Starks since last year, but I just assumed that was down to a much better team on the park plus Dundee United and Dunfermline back in the league and bringing much large away supports than anything you would have had last year.

Yeah I think we declare tickets sold these days like the Pars and ICT. 

11 hours ago, southernrover said:

Yeah I always assumed it was to look good for marketing and perhaps some manner of ease of accounting. More of a "Tickets issued" than clicks of the turnstile.

Haha apologies for any confusion - I'm not a Raith fan, nor Albion, nor Peebles nor any other - southernrover is a play on me being English and my big team down here (Blackburn) 😁 I joined here way back when as an outsider to Scottish football with a passing interest and have never bothered to update the name... ended up adopting Ayr somehow and was up at Somerset last night for my annual visit. Hoping to be back more often next season when life settles down a bit. Can't wait for a day in Livingston!

For what it's worth, I'd say 2,748 for us v. Pars was fair last night!

Fair enough, saw “rover” in the name and didn’t even bother to check. It seems based on a comment from a Raith poster after yours, though, that they have indeed started using the tickets sold metric for their attendances.

And of course, it doesn’t really matter, but it just looks a bit daft when you’ve got clubs declaring an attendance which is clearly about 1000+ folk less than are actually in the ground. Plus it kind of renders these sort of threads/comparisons irrelevant if clubs are using different methods of displaying the figures. Which, again, doesn’t really matter… unless you’re a Falkirk fan I suppose.

11 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Not great to be at the foot of this table but that's us averaging 800+ more fans than at Ochilview last season.  Continued work with the community and schools along with a better performance on the pitch then we should hopefully nudge our attendances into the 2000s next season.

We were absolutely horrific to watch this season, so doubling our attendance isn't terrible. Just a shame we weren't actually at Hampden last season when the team was so much more entertaining and came close to winning the league.

I wonder with clubs using the tickets sold line to explain why the attendance is obviously considerably larger than reality how often that's actually what's happening, or if they're simply fabricating attendances based on nothing to be more appealing to sponsors.

Obviously Friday was busier than usual but Inverness are regularly announcing crowds of 2000+ when there are barely 1000 in there, and I remember a Dunfermline midweek games few years ago when the crowd was announced as well over 4000 when it was probably about half that; even midweek, are there really 2000 season ticket holders all not bothering to attend the same game?

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Fair enough, saw “rover” in the name and didn’t even bother to check. It seems based on a comment from a Raith poster after yours, though, that they have indeed started using the tickets sold metric for their attendances.

And of course, it doesn’t really matter, but it just looks a bit daft when you’ve got clubs declaring an attendance which is clearly about 1000+ folk less than are actually in the ground. Plus it kind of renders these sort of threads/comparisons irrelevant if clubs are using different methods of displaying the figures. Which, again, doesn’t really matter… unless you’re a Falkirk fan I suppose.

Some of us stattos just like to see attendance figures, without any crowd wanking in mind like Falkirk.

So it’s a bit shite when people who didn’t attend the game get counted in the attendance.

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I wonder with clubs using the tickets sold line to explain why the attendance is obviously considerably larger than reality how often that's actually what's happening, or if they're simply fabricating attendances based on nothing to be more appealing to sponsors.

Obviously Friday was busier than usual but Inverness are regularly announcing crowds of 2000+ when there are barely 1000 in there, and I remember a Dunfermline midweek games few years ago when the crowd was announced as well over 4000 when it was probably about half that; even midweek, are there really 2000 season ticket holders all not bothering to attend the same game?

I guess in cases where clubs are giving out free season tickets to kids there might be large numbers not attending at times, especially midweek… 

27 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Would be good to see home attendances rather than the total. For example Arbroath are obviously bumped up by their geography and being relatively near to Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline and Dundee. On the flip side ICT is probably better than it looks as they'll have the highest percentage of home fans making up their total attendance.

I'd guess our normal home gate is around 1300/1400, which is probably 30/40% up on previous seasons. Our total average last season was 1200 so we've had a total increase of over 50% this season. Obviously with smaller numbers it's easier to get bigger increases but it's a big jump. Our aim should be to be roughly in the same ball park as the likes of Ayr and Morton which we seem to be.

I hesitate to mention the name in an attendance thread, but Falkirk coming up will be a big jump compared to Arbroath. But then Livi replacing Dundee Utd probably cancels that out. Whether it's ICT or the other play-off teams won't make a significant difference so attendances should stay pretty similar next year.

Airdrie is closer to Dunfermline than Arbroath and distance with Kirkcaldy is pretty much the same. Dundee is the only place near to Arbroath (similar distance  to Airdrie v Patrick Thistle).

12 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Not great to be at the foot of this table but that's us averaging 800+ more fans than at Ochilview last season.  Continued work with the community and schools along with a better performance on the pitch then we should hopefully nudge our attendances into the 2000s next season.

It’s okay big fella. The Invincibles will boost that figure next season. 🙂

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I hesitate to mention the name in an attendance thread, but Falkirk coming up will be a big jump compared to Arbroath. But then Livi replacing Dundee Utd probably cancels that out. Whether it's ICT or the other play-off teams won't make a significant difference so attendances should stay pretty similar next year.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

I'm torn. I was going to say get this thread binned before GTF day or it will be a "you've created a monster" type scenario with the Navy Blue crowd wankers.

Even Airdrie fans are crowdwanking over The Invincibles! Can’t wait to be back. 🙂

15 hours ago, arabdelic said:

Average attendance

1 Dundee United Dundee United 151.346 18 8.408
2 Dunfermline Athletic Dunfermline Athletic 97.993 18 5.444
3 Raith Rovers Raith Rovers 75.443 18 4.191
4 Partick Thistle Partick Thistle 63.304 18 3.517
5 Inverness CT Inverness CT 41.194 18 2.289
6 Ayr United Ayr United 38.048 18 2.114
7 Greenock Morton FC Greenock Morton FC 37.097 18 2.061
8 Arbroath FC Arbroath FC 35.490 18 1.972
9 Airdrieonians FC Airdrieonians FC 31.295 17 1.841
10 Queen's Park FC Queen's Park FC 33.095 18 1.839

Highest attendances by club

Dundee United v Raith Rovers 11802

Dunfermline v Raith Rovers 8447

Raith Rovers V Dundee United  7923

Arbroath v Dundee United 5558

Partick Thistle v Dundee United 5120

Morton v Partick Thistle 3568

Inverness v Dundee United 3503

Airdrie v Dundee United 3192

Queens Park v Dundee United 3109

Ayr United v Dundee United 3103

Average away attendance 

1 Dundee United Dundee United 73.534 17 4.326
2 Partick Thistle Partick Thistle 66.623 18 3.701
3 Raith Rovers Raith Rovers 65.364 18 3.631
4 Dunfermline Athletic Dunfermline Athletic 60.653 18 3.370
5 Ayr United Ayr United 60.355 18 3.353
6 Airdrieonians FC Airdrieonians FC 57.580 18 3.199
7 Greenock Morton FC Greenock Morton FC 57.528 18 3.196
8 Queen's Park FC Queen's Park FC 54.750 18 3.042
9 Inverness CT Inverness CT 54.594 18 3.033
10 Arbroath FC Arbroath FC 53.324 18 2.962

Last season comparison 

Home

Average
1 Dundee 4,865
2 Partick Thistle 3,122
3 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2,277
4 Ayr United 2,213
5 Arbroath 2,152
6 Raith Rovers 1,982
7 Greenock Morton 1,925
8 Hamilton Academical 1,441
9 Cove Rangers 1,018
10 Queens Park 1,008

Away

Average - Away
1 Dundee 2,592
2 Partick Thistle 2,470
3 Hamilton Academical 2,205
4 Queens Park 2,197
5 Ayr United 2,189
6 Arbroath 2,170
7 Raith Rovers 2,143
8 Cove Rangers 2,114
9 Greenock Morton 2,055
10 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1,868

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Would be good to see home attendances rather than the total. For example Arbroath are obviously bumped up by their geography and being relatively near to Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline and Dundee. 

Kirkcaldy is barely any closer to Arbroath than Airdrie (esp if you go via Kincardine) and Dunfermline is a good few miles closer to Airdrie than Arbroath.

16 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

It's not even GTF day and Bertie's stalking us!  

I’m like Thumper the Rabbit this morning. If Thumper had 13 pints and a kebab swilling around his belly. 

49 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Will the new mantra officially replace "The Navy Blue Pound" or will it be an "in tandem" situ?

It will remain until it becomes untrue. 

Looking forward to bringing the NBP to Airdrie. Or as they call it in government, development assistance. 

32 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Hope you guys all manage next season without the Tangerine Pound xx

I’m sure Livi will more than make up for your absence. 

23 minutes ago, StuartA said:

It will remain until it becomes untrue. 

Looking forward to bringing the NBP to Airdrie. Or as they call it in government, development assistance.

Thank goodness for the NBP if it wasn't for it your debt would be gargantuan as opposed to simply eye watering.

16 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Thank goodness for the NBP if it wasn't for it your debt would be gargantuan as opposed to simply eye watering.

Not a penny of debt matey! All bills paid in full always, unlike all the other serial cheats and name changers across the country.