Dumbarton vs Stirling, Stirling vs Dumbarton

Who goes through?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes through?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/24 at 18:45

10 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

That specific detail was taken out the laws of the game a couple years ago. It indeed used to state that it wasn’t a handball if you played it onto your own hand, however, it’s now purely down to the position of the arm/hand. Is it natural? You could argue it is natural for what he’s doing, he’s in the air so has arms out for balance. That’ll be the refs get out but you’re right, he’s not given it because he’s played it off his own arm. I’m not giving that tbf!

I always thought unnaturally big only applied to American boobies,  so this is all lost on me.

Credit to Uncle Faz for turning up when it really matters for once. Shows the current nick of this LOLbion outfit.

Let's finish the job on Saturday and send these orcs back to where they belong.

That first 20 minutes or so I thought we played about as well as I've seen from us in a long time. Orsi and Carlo just seemed to have that side of the pitch as their playground really. The equaliser then seemed to change things and the game became a battle between centre backs outmuscling people. Before the penalty I'm not sure if there was even a shot on target in the second half? Unless we could that free kick from Lennon from the half way line or I've totally forgot something.

The ref was just baffling really, seemed to be letting absolutely everything go and then just flipped and starting giving fouls for everything he'd ignored before. For the handball I have no idea what the rules even are any more. 

To be brutally honest, we now seem to need a win by 2 goals to stay up, from a team that doesn't seem to have a win by 2 goals in it. I need another nap.

Posted (edited)

Absolute dogshit! Players looked hungover from their night out on Saturday, Leitch injured but danced the night away ffs. Annan and Dumbarton played as a team against a team of individuals that don't have a clue. No expectations for Saturday and massive clear out and changes required regardless of league status.

A few shouts for DY out tonight which is the first I've heard, during and after the game.

Edited by SA45

1 hour ago, unitedbino said:

Ehhhh ok. Not sure how our two 5ft strikers against your man maintain centre backs lumped you about the pitch but fair enough. I’d love some players who did some lumping about. Can we have some of yours? 

Seriously? 😂 You lot got 5 bookings and we got 0. Tells enough of the story. I thought Stirling, fairly successfully, put themselves about to stop us being creative when we had the ball. Totally there for the taking and gutted we didn't take advantage of it any more so.

Ah come on. Ref hadn't got a clue.nothing in a couple of those bookings.

Was a pretty even game overall.

We will however need to be way better on Saturday and it's hard to see that happening.

Posted (edited)

- Thought it was a match between two poor teams tbh. However, that pitch makes it almost impossible to play actual football. Saturday will be interesting. We will probably play better, but Dumbarton likely will as well. Can't see us overturning the deficit.

- Cammy Clark had probably the worst game I've seen him have. Loose touches, not feeding McPake, poor decisions. He steadied a bit in the second half, but his first half was a disasterclass. 

- I appreciate the pitch might have dictated the strategy, but have to question the ploy of repeatedly lumping straight balls up to Carrick/Hilson, completely bypassing the midfield, when they were always likely to be bullied by the two Dumbarton CBs (which is what happened). Leitch is far from perfect, but we missed him tonight.

- Thought it was probably a penalty. The ball seemed to change direction, but suspect McLean came through the Dumbarton player's foot first. Rash decision to go to ground. 

- I've been critical of Kyle Banner this season, but he's had two decent games in a row now. Thought he carried it through some crunching tackles well at times. Crane, on the other hand... it just bounced off him all game.

Edited by unitedbino

Nice wee stream you've got guys. Had my doubts when there was no commentary and the camera was focused on the ball boy doing a few keepie uppies. 

Felt like it was a pretty even game. Dumbarton started off well and it looked like a free header. After we got our goal, it seemed to give us a little bit of confidence. Game turned into a bit of a physical battle in the second half and was a clear penalty. 

Awful pitch tonight and noticed Mark Weir's six yard box being blasted with water before kick off - fair play 😂

Roll on Saturday. We are a capable side in patches and are still in this tie. It's just a very hard watch at times. 

1 minute ago, unitedbino said:

- Thought it was a match between two poor teams tbh. However, that pitch makes it almost impossible to play actual football. Saturday will be interesting. We will probably play better, but Dumbarton likely will as well. Can't see us overturning the deficit.

- Cammy Clark had probably the worst game I've seen him have. Loose touches, not feeding McPake, poor decisions. He steadied a bit in the second half, but his first half was a disasterclass. 

- I appreciate the pitch might have dictated the strategy, but have to question the ploy of repeatedly lumping straight balls up to Carrick/Hilson, completely bypassing the midfield, when they were always likely to be bullied by the two Dumbarton CBs (which is what happened). Leitch is far from perfect, but he missed him tonight.

- Thought it was probably a penalty. The ball seemed to change direction, but suspect McLean came through the Dumbarton player's foot first. Rash decision to go to ground. 

- I've been critical of Kyle Banner this season, but he's had two decent games in a row now. Thought he carried it through some crunching tackles well at times. Crane, on the other hand... it just bounced off him all game.

By bullied you mean, outplayed or dominated? Our players didn't have to throw themselves about because your guys didn't offer all that much. Can totally see why you finished where you are. Reminds me, quite strongly, of ourselves when we came down. A team with some decent players and one you feel should be doing better, but they don't. Actually, that sound like much of this season and last too (for us) 😂

I thought it was a stonewall penalty and was disappointed there wasn't a 2nd yellow (and red) shown to McLean. That kind of thing would be massive in the 2nd leg too.

I thought we deserved to win tonight, just about. Shame we didn't do more to have a go in the 2nd half but something to build on. A few weaknesses in the Stirling team that I felt could have been isolated and tested a bit more. I don't like 1 goal advantages though and it could go any way at the weekend.

Thought we just about deserved the victory in a tight game

started well but lost our way around Stirling goal.no complaints about a free kick

shocking display from ref and lino but did pick up be end Stirling more raging than us.

will be interesting how we approach Saturday 

best for considerations tonight for Lennon and Newbury for me 

21 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Absolute dogshit! Players looked hungover from their night out on Saturday, Leitch injured but danced the night away ffs. Annan and Dumbarton played as a team against a team of individuals that don't have a clue. No expectations for Saturday and massive clear out and changes required regardless of league status.

Was this for the player of the year awards or something? Having a night out after ending up in the relegation play offs would seem an odd reason on its own 

First off, that pitch.  Scraping every dime from Broomhill is bad enough but since when did we allow showjumping too ?  An utter disgrace for the second week in May and it influenced tonight's game.

As such we may see more football on display at Forthbank, and that is to be hoped for because tonight was long on physicality and short on finesse.  A draw may have been a fairer outcome but I'll gladly take the win provided we don't try and shitfest the tie this Saturday.

I'm assuming Orsi may be missing, in which case I'd bring in Aron Lynas and push Carlo forward.  And I'd certainly like to see James Graham involved again as he's turning into a very handy impact sub. 

All to play for.

2 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Was this for the player of the year awards or something? Having a night out after ending up in the relegation play offs would seem an odd reason on its own 

Not quite sure but a fair number who started tonight and some who didn't were in the local nightclub til yon time (my friend works there). It was probably pre-planned as a celebration party for finishing 8th but after finishing 9th just went ahead with it anyway. Half the team still looked drunk IMO but not sure what the excuses could have been for previous weeks performances.

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

That first 20 minutes or so I thought we played about as well as I've seen from us in a long time.

Completely agree. Until they scored, I felt quite confident we could have taken a few goal cushion into Saturday.

Posted (edited)

I hope Faz treats Saturday like a normal game and goes for the win. Last thing I want to see is us set up for a 0-0.

Very glad Stirling don’t have Thommo anymore.

Edited by FifeSons

A woeful game of football between two poor sides of which Albion were comfortably the poorer by the end.  It was pretty much a protracted game of head tennis for the first hour or so with little between the sides but our substitutions fully turned the game in Dumbarton’s favour and after the penalty never looked like getting back into it. By the end we were looking like a not so good L2 side. 

i feel the players have booked themselves an extra week in the close season, it will need a major change in attitude and skills to turn this around and if McLean’s injury is as bad as it looked when he went off a large dose of good fortune as well.