Top 6 St Mirren v Top 6 Kilmarnock. Euro flights fae’ Renfrewshire International & Prestwick.

FT 0-1
Yeah no complaints. Killie are a better team than us, the results between the teams and the league table doesn't lie. 
Got to hand it to them, a couple of years ago they were a basket case trying to keep a grip on Arbroath coat tails in the Championship. They've came up, over taken us and they're the 4th best team in the country now. What a job McInnes has done.
As for us, our season is finished. We
didn't do enough all day. Gogic almost sold another goal, passed it straight to a Killie player putting him in one on one. Our best chance was a rare sight, McMenamin crossing with his right foot. Olusanya good connection but blazed over. He hit the top of the bar shortly after too but no dice.
We then brought the subs on... and they had absolutely no impact at all. James Scott, deary me. I can see why Gary Caldwell was scared to play him in front of the infamous Exeter City boo-boys. 
No matter, we could lose our remaining two games and still finish 5th, and I won't be surprised if that's what happens.
All eyes on next season, and Europe. 

That'll dae. Toffee, etc. 

Delighted those weirdos Dundee got beat. Far rather Saints get 5th than those oddballs with their "thankyou" chat. 

Thought we were maybe worth a point, hit the bar, one off the line but ultimately we've been beaten by a better side.

We've lost 16 games this season. We are dreadful at chasing a game and grinding out points. 

Kilmarnock have won only one game more than us, but they've lost 7 fewer games, and are therefore miles ahead of us. That's what Robinson needs to address, if we concede first then we seem a pretty easy team to play against.

1 minute ago, AussieBud said:

Don’t mind killie and deservedly finishing 4th, but why they continue to chant songs related to the rangers is a strange one 

Was just waiting for Rule Britannia and GSTK.  

I’ve no idea why they keep singing it when they must know how it makes them sound.  

As for the game, don’t think there was much between the teams, but as has been the case all to often the fine margins have been going against us.  

At least we ye top v bottom VAR clash didn’t seem to involve VAR at all.  

7 minutes ago, AussieBud said:

Don’t mind killie and deservedly finishing 4th, but why they continue to chant songs related to the rangers is a strange one 

Hush now. There's a good lad. 

Congratulations Killie.

Well deserved over the season.

Looked stronger and way more organised than us today, and all the other games against us in fact.

Better team won on the day.

For us Robbo must shoulder a fair bit of the blame. If you don't start your best midfield then you're already at a disadvantage.

Also, how much better did McMenamin look when on the left wing?

29 minutes ago, AussieBud said:

You need to get out more.

Fingers crossed, that's the last we see of Vassell this season. 

He can go and get his groin op done now and fully fit and ready for next season.

53 minutes ago, AussieBud said:

We don’t.

55 minutes ago, AussieBud said:

Not this old chestnut again.

must do better.

Incredibly frustrating game. Killie did their thing and executed the McInnes formula perfectly by utilizing his big strong boys mixed with ball players who can do the damage in the right places. We were niave at times and lacked the quality required to get what would have been a deserved point.

St Mirren’s MoTM, Hemming. Some great saves and collected crosses no problem. No complaints, we might have sneaked a point, but we certainly deserved no more than a point. Watching us was like watching a team run hrough treacle. Everything was slow, laboured, and just generally meh.

Killie gave us a right good lesson in that second half too - how to see out a 1-0 away, in a big game, with solid defending, and just the right amount of timewasting from the keeper, at substitutions, and at throw-ins, asking the ballboy to throw you another ball even though there’s one right at your feet. No sour grapes, not at all. Killie’s ‘streetwise’ routine was perfectly pitched. 1-0 up away on a roasting hot day? I would expect St Mirren to have done exactly the same if the boot was on the other foot.

No, no complaints from me. Killie are well drilled, knew how to win, and I wish them well in Europe.

Pssst… cheers Hearts.

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Celtic win would be preferable as they would then go to Killie on Wednesday needing a result to seal the league whilst we host Hearts.

A draw between them today means if Celtic win and Rangers win on Wednesday, Celtic play us next Saturday needing to get a result to clinch the league. Two Celtic wins leaves next Saturday as a dead rubber for them.

I disagree with you on the basic that i don't want the blue bigots having nothing to play for on Tues against Dundee.

Green bigots still need a result against Killie assuming Dundee doesn't shock everybody and win a game for a while.

It doesn't really now anyway due to goal different between them. 

1 hour ago, AussieBud said:

SAINTS-CELTIC.jpg