Queen of the South's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QotS' next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thankfully the end for Grant Murray as well. I think it's a good appointment. He's done wonders at Annan and seemed to set them up to have a go. If he can bring that here it'll be an instant improvement given how dire it's been going to Palmerston the last few seasons. If we can make the playoffs at the top end next season I'll be more than happy. 

Think that's the correct appointment for QOTS a big summer ahead for them as they look to at the very least make the promotion playoffs. It's a huge loss for Annan though to lose the man who's taken them to League 1 for the first time in their history and I can see them going back down next season. 

3 hours ago, Greenacres said:

For me he does not have the experience we need night and day managing Annan compared to us.

Can he make the step up i am not sure he can.

Yes Queens is a bigger club than Annan, with higher realistic expectations.

Yes, the full-time/part-time divide marks a difference.

Beyond that though, I'm struggling to see it as such a huge leap.  The latest league table would certainly suggest any gap between the clubs is manageable.

36 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Hopefully a good appointment for me McCall was a better option but anything has to be better than Bartley .

His team finished below Bartley’s Queens. It isn’t what you would call an inspiring appointment. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thankfully the end for Grant Murray as well. I think it's a good appointment. He's done wonders at Annan and seemed to set them up to have a go. If he can bring that here it'll be an instant improvement given how dire it's been going to Palmerston the last few seasons. If we can make the playoffs at the top end next season I'll be more than happy. 

Dull, predictable and lacking in ambition. I worry about McLinden bringing his mate in. Will he be calling all the shots. I take it we will still be  full time at least. 

2 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

His team finished below Bartley’s Queens. It isn’t what you would call an inspiring appointment. 

Why would any manager finishing above Queens drop down places.

Forgot,Queens are massive !

7 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Goss and the wee guy with the gypo haircut incoming 

If that’s the standard off signing I wish I hadn’t entered the shirt draw now. Stick on for the play offs. The relegation play offs. I don’t think I’ve ever been so underwhelmed by a managerial appointment. 

2 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

If that’s the standard off signing I wish I hadn’t entered the shirt draw now. Stick on for the play offs. The relegation play offs. I don’t think I’ve ever been so underwhelmed by a managerial appointment. 

I'll give the guy a chance. Let's see what sort of squad he assembles first ...

2 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been so underwhelmed by a managerial appointment. 

I have.  Tommy McGinn and the Rowe/Eadie partnership spring readily to mind.

I would be underwhelmed if we were to sign Smith and Goss though.