Queen of the South's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QotS' next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Murphy's first job is to get Gibbo signed up. If he were to leave Queens that is down to the way he was used by Bartley and a disgrace.  Not many others out of contract worth breaking the bank for and fully expect Toddy to end up at Annan but please no former players returning, other than Sir Stephen that is!

1 minute ago, the philosopher said:

Why would any manager finishing above Queens drop down places.

Forgot,Queens are massive !

There are of course managers that are not currently employed, and others lower down that would have been more desirable.  For example McCall.

I would rather we didn’t go for Murphy and that he was still the darling of Galabank. Yet here we are.

I don’t see anything in his time with you that suggests he is going to get us promoted or even challenge for a playoff spot.  

I could of course be wrong and he builds a team that will sweep through the league like Falkirk last season. We shall see. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Via Pie n Bovril again :lol:

Fully expecting them to exclusively reveal that we are interested in Goss, Smith and Luissint after their correspondent has read what's been posted since Murphy's appointment on both this and the QOS thread.

16 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Dull, predictable and lacking in ambition. I worry about McLinden bringing his mate in. Will he be calling all the shots. I take it we will still be  full time at least. 

You realise you support Queens, aye? What kind of appointment were you expecting? We signed a manager last year that was way out of the norm for us and it has literally resulted in the worst season I've ever had watching QoS. 

6 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Keep looking is that Carlisle Utd. a little bit further ahead ?

I'll be absolutely delighted if Carlisle United end up being interested in Murphy. 

1 minute ago, qos_75 said:

There are of course managers that are not currently employed, and others lower down that would have been more desirable.  For example McCall.

I would rather we didn’t go for Murphy and that he was still the darling of Galabank. Yet here we are.

I don’t see anything in his time with you that suggests he is going to get us promoted or even challenge for a playoff spot.  

I could of course be wrong and he builds a team that will sweep through the league like Falkirk last season. We shall see. 

We had a terrible first half of the season - after stabilising, with only 1 defeat in the last quarter that is promotion play off form - surely he can replicate that or even win the league with a full time squad.

Murphy is well organised and gets the best out of the players with the ability they have - after decent recruitment that's all you can ask from a manager.

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Happy u have not took Ian McCall from us 😘

As am I. We can keep the money he'd have undoubtedly squandered on a bloated squad. 

4 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Murphy's first job is to get Gibbo signed up. If he were to leave Queens that is down to the way he was used by Bartley and a disgrace.  Not many others out of contract worth breaking the bank for and fully expect Toddy to end up at Annan but please no former players returning, other than Sir Stephen that is!

New board member hasn’t fecked about so far so hopefully he’s already got it in hand 👍 

3 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

We had a terrible first half of the season - after stabilising, with only 1 defeat in the last quarter that is promotion play off form - surely he can replicate that or even win the league with a full time squad.

Murphy is well organised and gets the best out of the players with the ability they have - after decent recruitment that's all you can ask from a manager.

As underwhelmed as I feel at the moment.  I really hope he is the man to turn around our fortunes. 

Here we go again going for the cheap option. 

He did well at Annan working with not much so il guarantee that's why we signed him hoping he can perform miracles with "not much".. 

24 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Wouldn't be surprised if things haven't already been sorted for the lad!

Just now, bod said:

Wouldn't be surprised if things haven't already been sorted for the lad!

There was talk of Falkirk and Airdrie at one point I’m sure.

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Once again, the Scottish football conspiracy against Yogi continues.

For shame, QOS....for shame...

Happy to oblige ...

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

You realise you support Queens, aye? What kind of appointment were you expecting? We signed a manager last year that was way out of the norm for us and it has literally resulted in the worst season I've ever had watching QoS. 

I'll be absolutely delighted if Carlisle United end up being interested in Murphy. 

You know my view. McCall had the experience of promoting teams and was available. I will give the guy a chance but no evidence that he can assemble a squad that will get us out of this league. Delighted to be proved wrong but if Goss and Smith are deemed appropriate then I can’t see us back in the Championship any time soon….

9 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

You know my view. McCall had the experience of promoting teams and was available. I will give the guy a chance but no evidence that he can assemble a squad that will get us out of this league. Delighted to be proved wrong but if Goss and Smith are deemed appropriate then I can’t see us back in the Championship any time soon….

And I'm sure the first thing McCall would have said would be "I need a bucketload of cash". No thanks. Of course there's no evidence he can assemble a squad to get out of this league, he's not been given the chance to do it! 

Not sure why you're mentioning Goss and Smith unless you've heard something? I'll be gobsmacked if both return. 

45 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

McCall has as many relegations on his CV as promotions. 

Given the choice between a manager coming to the end of his career with a fairly hit and miss success rate and a reputation for needing big budgets and a younger, hungrier manager who's proved he can work with a limited budget and has the motivation of his first full time management job, it's a very obvious choice. 

Surprised to see some of the negatively around this appointment considering he's gotten Annan to League 1 for the first time in their history 

What were some Queens fans expecting would you rather have one of the footballing dinosaurs or another untested manager? This is a good appointment imo I would happily of took Murphy at Accies

6 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

McCall has as many relegations on his CV as promotions. 

Given the choice between a manager coming to the end of his career with a fairly hit and miss success rate and a reputation for needing big budgets and a younger, hungrier manager who's proved he can work with a limited budget and has the motivation of his first full time management job, it's a very obvious choice. 

In terms of budget, do we really have a limited budget for the division? I am not so sure.

We are not talking about competing in the championship here - it is league 1.

Now Falkirk are out of the league we will more than likely be in the top 3 budget wise. As such, the new manager should have more than enough funds at his disposal to assemble a squad capable of putting in a title challenge.

The  bare minimum would be scraping a play off place. Anything else would be failure for our budget. 

Out of interest what is McCall’s promotion/relegation record? Has he ever been relegated from league 1?