Staggies v ‘Well 11/5

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

We are 100% on the beach.

Feet up, Soleros out.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-A052ItIUdi-UPktPRRe

Hopefully that holiday spirit extends to the team having a few beers before kick off and a can’t-be—arsed attitude on the pitch. Please…

Bottom 7 trophy still up for grabs. And for such a prestigious trophy the Well will be very focused on taking 3 points.

Also with Hibs playing Aberdeen a win gives us the chance to leapfrog one or both of them.

I still think St Johnstone will finish 11th regardless the outcome in this match. 

I think we'll need to win this as Aberdeen on the final game of the season is worrying with how they've bodied us everytime this season.

2-1, Murray double.

County need it more than us and have been excellent at home recently so they're favourites I imagine.

But players seem more aware of the financial consequences of being seventh rather than ninth than in previous decades and I imagine SK - for his personal redemption arc - will be feeding our guys red meat all week, even if he plays it cool at his presser.

I don't see us being pathetic but if you're a betting man you back County's greater need to prevail...2-1.

A match thread on a Monday is nose bleed territory.  I expect to see the ‘Well team in the Wimpy with me for the pre match meal.  Theoretically we play with the freedom of a team with no concerns akin to peak Brazil but also likely is a lethargic testimonial affair as some of the players start to wave their good byes.

County despite wins over Hibs and the other mob needs to keep that home form going, a win for Saints over already relegated Livi and with County going to play them afterwards it all points to the absolute necessity that they can scrap a win before the nerve shredder of a match against Aberdeen who have horsed us all season. 

1-0 Dhanda screamer from free kick Kelly routed to the spot!!

1 hour ago, Super Staggie said:

County despite wins over Hibs and the other mob needs to keep that home form going, a win for Saints over already relegated Livi and with County going to play them afterwards it all points to the absolute necessity that they can scrap a win before the nerve shredder of a match against Aberdeen who have horsed us all season. 

1-0 Dhanda screamer from free kick Kelly routed to the spot!!

I think Livi may go undefeated now that the pressure is off.  They could have a bit of fun.

Aggressively priced ticket bought - the website raising my hopes by telling me that a "discount coupon" had been applied and then dashed them by charging me the full 28 quid. Maybe i get a (wee) free haggis pie or something.

I kind of like that no-one (including me TBF) expects us to win despite our form being decent enough, our record in Dingwall being pretty OK in general or the fact that we've scored the same number of goals as Livi and Saintees combined. A lot depends on if we're in carefree showboating mode (in which case we'll lose 4-3) or season complete mode (in which case we'll lose 3-0)

It is well within Motherwell FC’s best interests to allow Ross County to win this association soccer match. The damage that the loss of ‘The Mallard’ would do to the top flight is unimaginable, and the above result goes a long way to preventing this from happening and fighting the evil in St Johnstone.

20 hours ago, boozyBJ said:

This thread has been made way too early. I’ll wait till five minutes before the game to view this, thank you very much!

16 hours ago, ropy said:

A match thread on a Monday is nose bleed territory. 

Aye. See ye on Friday night/Saturday.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, boozyBJ said:

This thread has been made way too early. I’ll wait till five minutes before the game to view this, thank you very much!

That's what I thought!

In all honesty you can expect a very entertaining game, from 2 bang on form teams here, with International players like Dhanda, Murray (surely a Scottish super sub consideration here for Euros!), Stuart Kettlewell still loved to this day! 

Just wish the Hibs support picked up the good vibes from Dingwall last weekend. 1 person obviously didn't and it's a shame as I'm sure he regrets that utterance.

I will go for a 4-4 score draw, quite serious. Both teams capable here, the really are. Cannot wait!

Edited by Sonam

The Haggis Pie v Chasni Pie grudge match here. 

Let's be honest, it would be funnier if St. Johnstone went down* so let's just give the paying punters some goals to enjoy.  3-2 to Ross County.

*To be fair, I think no matter who finishes 11th, they'll have enough to come through the play-off final.