Alloa v Accies Groundhog Day Part One

I think there needs to be a bit of perspective here, Falkirk have had an unbelievable season once in a lifetime stuff to go unbeaten, it's impossible to keep up with that. So Accies find themselves where they should be comfortably second. And it's not like you haven't been getting results of late. At this stage of the season it's all about results not performances, don't think there's many who would complain if their club had a 1 nil aggregate win over two legs in both the semis and final if it meant promotion. I'll caveat that by saying if Rankin fails to get Accies up then the new contract looks folly. Not sure why the Accies board couldn't have waited till after the playoffs on that one it's not like you can start planning for next season when you don't know what league you'll be in. On a side note are Alloa doing ppv for this game? , I know Montrose are for theirs.  

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

... well ... apart from comfortably gaining 2nd place in the league and a good shot at the promotion playoffs ... clearly, total and utter failure, aye?

Keep reading this stuff from Accies fans - what exactly do you expect?

You want failure?  Look down the M74 by 60 miles and we'll show you what failure looks like.

Rankin has had a bigger budget  than some of those  our Managers had in The Premier League.

He relegated a side who were good enough to stay up, has a bloated squad of 2 teams who could compete in this League, and dropped way too many points at home to enable a challenge to Falkirk.

Fwiw,Falkirk would still have won the League.It is the fact he dropped plenty points at home and especially from winning positions.

Add to that refusing to play some of last seasons League winning Under 18’s(we would have won the Youth Cup if the four best players were playing versus Rangers in that Semi-Final) for a guy who was a Youth Coach at Hearts is inexcusable.

These young kids are better than some of the dross he refuses to drop;Saturday showed that.

These Play Offs will resolve nothing as even if we go up, we will still be favourites to go back down under his Leadership.

Nice guy,good Coach/Assistant Manager but  not a good Manager on the evidence so far.

He now has three years to “grow into the role” in the safest job in football.

5 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Alloa v Montrose final plz

I have nothing to add here, other than to say thanks for alerting me to the T-shirt you've currently got as your profile pic.

image.png.0a3303e1777a18704cfd2aa4ccbda9b9.png

30 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I have nothing to add here, other than to say thanks for alerting me to the T-shirt you've currently got as your profile pic.

image.png.0a3303e1777a18704cfd2aa4ccbda9b9.png

It's a beezer isn't it.

I have the orange one with the shark.

will be a feisty 2 games i think ,  bookings galore i would imagine a time for cool heads 

mines says hamilton to just edge it , But its all on a     Blade Edge, Thickness, and Beveling | AGRussell.com

We're playing with no pressure in the playoffs. I don't want to say we have a free hit at them but if you looked on paper before a ball was kicked most would have picked the four full time teams to finish 1-4. Some of the Hamilton players may be playing for their future as a full time footballer.

As people already said we're in a much better position squad wise than we were last year. It's been pretty close between us and Hamilton this year so hopefully make for two good games of football.

Feeling much more confident than last year. Squad in a far better place in terms of numbers and fitness. 
Andy has fostered a real team spirit and the players seem happier, which is reflected in the performances. 
Hopefully plenty Hamilton fans through in numbers to add to the atmosphere. 
Ding ding round 1- let’s do this Alloa 🥊 

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's a beezer isn't it.

I have the orange one with the shark.

So soon shall I. I was sold by the wee "grind!" speech bubble.

Should our paths cross, I shall respectfully doff my cap, sir.

Pretty good 45 from us imo. Martin's uncharacteristically losing out a bit too often in the middle and Longridge is forcing Kilday to cover more times than I'd like, but other than that it's been a solid half. 

6 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Rankin has had a bigger budget  than some of those  our Managers had in The Premier League.

As an outsider that seems like an unlikely suggestion. Surely that can't be true?