East Kilbride v Stranraer

53 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Excellent highlights. Most of what I said in my earlier post was pretty accurate. The old memory not quite away yet!

Disappointed no camera footage of the antics of the EK bench at the equaliser though. A manager jumping on a stand wall to do GIRUY's at the crowd isnt something I've seen before. Or maybe it was considered 'politic' to edit that out? 

Also not sure why sell known Dundee United fan Lorraine Kelly, who genuinely goes to watch them whenever she can, is listed as a famous EK fan at the end. 😂

She is from East Kilbride.

Posted (edited)

I absolutely love that Stranraer have used the jakeyest/junkiest looking pic of Methadone Mick in the highlights graphic :lol:

image.png.4fb6fe701f9c5e69d6072ea6bc76e744.png

Not that there was a shortage of pics to choose from!

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Also not sure why sell known Dundee United fan Lorraine Kelly, who genuinely goes to watch them whenever she can, is listed as a famous EK fan at the end. 😂

Is he no just listing anyone from EK he could think of? 

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

So much to like about that occasion. Is that a steward in the hat celebrating with the team as if he’s one of them from 16:52?! 

Delighted for Stranraer. All been said but the leisure centre financially doped central belt teams that have become the plaything of wealthy business owners can GTF. Lowland league as a whole with their old firm b team pandering are hard to stomach.

Great memories for a lot of the young supporters watching Stranraer yesterday, you hope a few come back next season after that kind of buzz.

30 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I’m 100% all for this.

he was running in that direction and at the EK end of the stadium when he scored, too. It’s not like he did an Adebayor at the Etihad.

I get it if there's history. Been pointed out to me that there probably is in this case so it's fair enough.

Were that not the case though, I'd have to disagree. Aside from the needless antagonism it shows that you care more about winding up opponents than playing for your fans and the badge on your shirt. Aye, he hasn't ran the length of the pitch, but he's much closer to the Stranraer fans behind the goal.

Enjoyable watch, that. I know you could be sympathetic and make allowances for pressure of the occasion etc but that second Balde miss is an absolute shocker. All fingers now crossed Edinburgh City don't blunder the licence and let EK in the back door.

Just now, Clyde_MM said:

I get it if there's history. Been pointed out to me that there probably is in this case so it's fair enough.

Were that not the case though, I'd have to disagree. Aside from the needless antagonism it shows that you care more about winding up opponents than playing for your fans and the badge on your shirt. Aye, he hasn't ran the length of the pitch, but he's much closer to the Stranraer fans behind the goal.

Away ye go. He celebrated a goal infront of the opposition fans, so f**k. It happens up and down the country week in week out. Even if there was no history it’s lovely to see a bit of needle in a game.

13 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Sitting in a closed shop for decades and you want sympathy.

Nah survival of the fittest.

Few bad seasons and it could be any club.

If there was proper promotion/relegation Stranraer would be history as far as the top leagues are concerned.

Still, time is a great leveller.

EK are well funded and Stranraer are on a big downward trajectory, including a pretty pish run at the end of the season. If EK can't raise themselves to beat what are a poor side, bringing up "proper promotion/ relegation" again, particularly when the LL don't want that at the other end, doesn't mean a lot. They had two games to prove that they're worth going up.

EK can't be up to much and they'll just need to try harder.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Disappointed no camera footage of the antics of the EK bench at the equaliser though. A manager jumping on a stand wall to do GIRUY's at the crowd isnt something I've seen before. Or maybe it was considered 'politic' to edit that out? 

I was tracking the player celebration close up otherwise it would have made the cut 😭

On Lorraine: "Kelly was born on 30 November 1959 and lived in the Gorbals area of Glasgow until she was two. She spent the first few years of her life in Glasgow before the family moved to East Kilbride where she attended Claremont High School"

Posted (edited)

Re-seal the trapdoor. Kick out Cove, Spartans, Edinburgh City, Bonnyrigg and Kelty. Reinstate Berwick, Brechin, Shire, Cowden and Albion Rovers. Leave the diddies like East Kilbride and Clydebank in the abyss where they belong. Simples, eh @PossilYM @Vanderbilt

Edited by FifeSons

5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Re-seal the trapdoor. Kick out Cove, Spartans, Edinburgh City, Bonnyrigg and Kelty. Reinstate Berwick, Brechin, Shire, Cowden and Albion Rovers. Leave the diddies like East Kilbride and Clydebank in the abyss where they belong. Simples, eh @PossilYM @Vanderbilt

Should brechin ever relegate one of those mentioned above, the regionals will have a mental breakdown.

3 hours ago, Moonball said:

Great highlights. The commentators can get a tad annoying but compared to our highlights package this is top tier stuff. You guys could certainly teach most higher teams a thing or too. Different angles of the goals from behind the nets really makes a difference. It would have been criminal to lose all that to the lowland leagues. Credit to all involved 

Just now, May Rckinnon said:

Should brechin ever relegate one of those mentioned above, the regionals will have a mental breakdown.

The SPFL is a local (closed) shop for local people.