Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

Looking forward to this tonight. Should be another cracking atmosphere.

Cant see Thistle team changing much from Airdrie game on Friday.

God knows how we’ll line up.

I've even resorted to listening to a Thistle podcast for my lunchtime dog walk just to get more build up for this.  To be fair "Draw, Lose or Draw" is a decent listen.  Like the idea of bringing an opposition fan in for their take on it.  Agree with pretty much everything @Broken Algorithms said on there too

Ticket sales do look slightly disappointing but I’m one of the ones who won’t be there- if it had been Friday night or Saturday I’d have been there but a Tuesday night is no good for getting the kids home (probably be 11pm-ish getting back to Kirkcaldy) and up for school the next day. And I don’t really want to go on my own….

At least it’s on the telly though and hopefully those that make it through will create a cracking atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, AllanJM said:

I'm actually a wee bit disappointed with the ticket sales to be honest.

I do understand there are a number of reasons for it.

- Limited public transport options

- Folk on a tight budget can't afford to pay for potentially 4 games in a little over a week so will have to choose which to go to

- Less kids going due to it being a school night (my 8yo would normally be there but isn't going tonight for that reason)

Hopefully, we still get close to selling them all though.

- Rovers have had 7 goes at the play-offs with no success.

- it’s on TV

- a lot of kids have clubs midweek. My boy is going but he’s missing swimming to go.

-It’s an away midweek game

…probably not many birthday 🎁 parties. That’s a bonus.

If we actually get through against Thistle and make the final against St Johnstone/Ross County, then I’ll likely miss the Sunday game due to a kids football tournament. 

What can you do? Anyway, there’ll be somewhere between 1200 and 1500 of us in that old stand cheering for Rovers. Let’s do this!

Waterboy GIF

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Ticket sales do look slightly disappointing but I’m one of the ones who won’t be there- if it had been Friday night or Saturday I’d have been there but a Tuesday night is no good for getting the kids home (probably be 11pm-ish getting back to Kirkcaldy) and up for school the next day. And I don’t really want to go on my own….

At least it’s on the telly though and hopefully those that make it through will create a cracking atmosphere. 

Totally understandable and won't criticise you or anyone else in your position.  My son isn't happy that he's not getting to go but it's just too late for him in my (and  more importantly my wife's) opinion.  He's even more annoyed that I'm still going without him though.

4 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Where is best to park for away fans. Can you park on streets or are there restrictions.

There are spaces but it is paid parking. You may or may not get a ticket if you don’t pay but have never seen wardens about in the evenings.

used to be free after 6 and they changed it to 10 

22 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

There are spaces but it is paid parking. You may or may not get a ticket if you don’t pay but have never seen wardens about in the evenings.

Thanks just typical they'll be about tonight.

40 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

Is that for all streets nearby? I used to park for free on the residential street opposite the Colin Weir Stand (Springbank St?). Granted, my last game at Firhill was the Challenge Cup semi in 2020.

27 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Absolutely gutted to not be attending this first leg, and also absolutely shitting myself. Honestly thought I’d be calmer as I’m not expecting much, but here we are.

Well, I'm deep into my "we're fucked" mood.

15 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

To the locals, is Munns bar back open and welcoming to away fans? Cheers!

Has become a Thistle pub again. Not sure if it will be busy with it being a midweek game and the beer garden won't be busy with the weather.

Don't see there being any issues with a few away fans. 

19 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

To the locals, is Munns bar back open and welcoming to away fans? Cheers!

If u don't want to go to Munns u can always go into the Aitken Suite below the Colin Weir stand in Firhill where you are situated & they welcome in away fans

4 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Is there a reason Partick no longer sell the section of seats next to the directors box, or the seats in front to away supporters? Seems strange to give a 1,500 allocation for a stand that holds around 1,900 

it can be opened if needed, Dundee United used it. They sell the two bigger areas first. Normally you will see players friends and family, and misc. staff from both clubs, sitting there too.

1 hour ago, Rover the Moon said:

Is that for all streets nearby? I used to park for free on the residential street opposite the Colin Weir Stand (Springbank St?). Granted, my last game at Firhill was the Challenge Cup semi in 2020.

No, it’s not the case for all streets nearby.

There are parking restrictions in force down near the Woodside Inn, and they’ve started to put meters in up on the streets opposite Munn’s as well, but I’ve never seen anyone out checking for tickets during a Thistle game.

1 hour ago, Rover the Moon said:

I parked on Garscube road on Friday for free. 2 minute walk from stadium as well.

I can't make it down tonight, both ties being midweek have meant having to prioritise one for a sharp finish.

Think 1.3k is good going tbh, it's prob at least 3 times as much as we'd usually take.

Can't imagine we don't line up the same way as we had in the last game, only potential change might be Bannigan for Neilson but even then I very much doubt Doolan does that. Hopefully another cracking atmosphere at Firhill tonight.