St Mirren v Hearts 15/05/24

Good game, thought we should've won but makes no difference to the league table. A few decent performances from guys that haven't played much recently which is encouraging. 

I'm not having that Shankland has meant that goal.

FT 2-2
Yeah good fun end of season fayre. Four good goals. Bit of bite here and there, draw fair enough. Doesn't matter. Going to Europe. 

15 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I'm not having that Shankland has meant that goal.

What did he mean to do?

7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Knock the ball back into a dangerous area.

No chance. He's absolutely meant it, you can tell by his body position,  he immediately tries to hook it back.

He's scored far more outrageous goals this season, it was 100% meant.

Overall an enjoyable game. We defended like absolute diddies at both goals so we didn't deserve to win,  but we made a few good chances and scored 2 good goals.

Considering the lineup we had I'm pretty pleased with that.

Decent game that. We moved it about pretty well, and caused a lot of problems. We've been pretty well matched with Hearts this season and it underlines our progress.

I've gone from being pretty ambivalent about Mandron's likely departure to thinking he'll be a big miss. Hopefully we get a decent fee if he does go.

Great to see Scott score: there's absolutely a player in there and once he's got himself into shape he'll make a big contribution.

And I'm really going to miss Keanu Baccus. Hasn't quite become a fan favourite for some reason but he will go on to be remembered as one of our best ever players IMO.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Decent game that. We moved it about pretty well, and caused a lot of problems. We've been pretty well matched with Hearts this season and it underlines our progress.

I've gone from being pretty ambivalent about Mandron's likely departure to thinking he'll be a big miss. Hopefully we get a decent fee if he does go.

Great to see Scott score: there's absolutely a player in there and once he's got himself into shape he'll make a big contribution.

And I'm really going to miss Keanu Baccus. Hasn't quite become a fan favourite for some reason but he will go on to be remembered as one of our best ever players IMO.

Yeah. I don't get that a first pick for the Aussie international team isn't seen as a huge loss to the team. 

Also, please play McMenamin on the left and put Fraser on the bench next season.

50 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Possibly the best-natured St Murn v Hearts game I've ever seen. :lol: Even the perma-raging St Murn fans who seem to be mic'd up in their pishy wee lego stand kept relatively quiet throughout. 

Seething by name etc etc🙄

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

We're not the ones who rhyme 'Europe'" with "spew up".

As imperfect rhymes go it’s not as good as John Lydon’s

“God save the queen

The fascist Regime”

Or Steve Miller's

"Abra, Abra Cadabra

I wanna reach out and grab ya" 

but it still  works better than some of Shakespeare's ones

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

49 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Baccus will be the biggest loss for me, his movement and range of passing tonight was a joy to behold.

He’s easily capable of playing at a higher level. Absolute heads gone from an element in our support who don’t rate him.

Baccus was excellent tonight. He does a lot of unnoticed stuff and he'll be a huge loss. 

Not sold on Scott yet, but McMenamin was excellent. 

Thought a draw was fair given our defending but we probably shaded it on the run of play. 

Posted (edited)

Enjoyable game, but the worst ‘wait and give the players a round of applause as they do a lap of honour at the last home game of the season’ ever. I don’t give a flying fcuk if this comes over as ‘aye yer auld da’ or not - but those in the ‘singing’ section of the West Stand are not some sort of uber-fans, and after they get the players celebrating right in front of them for quite a while, the rest of us get them leading a pitch invasion and no chance to show our appreciation. Fcuking group shot in the goalmouth eh? Aye.

Thanks for fcuk all.

Edited by pozbaird

27 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Enjoyable game, but the worst ‘wait and give the players a round of applause as they do a lap of honour at the last home game of the season’ ever. I don’t give a flying fcuk if this comes over as ‘aye yer auld da’ or not - but those in the ‘singing’ section of the West Stand are not some sort of uber-fans, and after they get the players celebrating right in front of them for quite a while, the rest of us get them leading a pitch invasion and no chance to show our appreciation. Fcuking group shot in the goalmouth eh? Aye.

Thanks for fcuk all.

Agree on both counts - it was a really entertaining match with both sides playing some good football, and the pitch invasion from W7 was pretty selfish at best. Ultimately taking my son onto the pitch and getting photos with his heroes was a great experience, but that’s not really the point.

I think this game showed what we all knew all along, we are a better team than Hearts and they need to rely on Shankland just to get themselves a point. Them using the same song for one of their players as the song used by us for a player that doomed them to relegation shows how much we live rent free in their heads.

36 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think this game showed what we all knew all along, we are a better team than Hearts and they need to rely on Shankland just to get themselves a point. Them using the same song for one of their players as the song used by us for a player that doomed them to relegation shows how much we live rent free in their heads.

4/10