St Mirren v Hearts 15/05/24

41 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think this game showed what we all knew all along, we are a better team than Hearts and they need to rely on Shankland just to get themselves a point. Them using the same song for one of their players as the song used by us for a player that doomed them to relegation shows how much we live rent free in their heads.

Actually it showed us we are a better team than St Mirren without James Scott.

7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

St Mirren were 6th last season, 5th this season

If we extrapolate from this they'll be champions in 2028, Champions League winners by 2030, Best of breed at Crufts by 2033, Oscar for best picture  2036 and intergalactic domination by 2040

And I for one welcome etc...

Morton might have got promoted by then. Nah.

23 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

St Mirren were 6th last season, 5th this season

If we extrapolate from this they'll be champions in 2028, Champions League winners by 2030, Best of breed at Crufts by 2033, Oscar for best picture  2036 and intergalactic domination by 2040

And I for one welcome etc...

Optimistic IMO - I had intergalactic domination down for 2042. Might need to check with Tony Fitzpatrick - after all, he got the top 6 and Europe bits right.

I quite liked Beaton's refereeing  last night.  Could have easily  booked 5 or 6 players but just got on with it and realised it was just a competitive game without a bad tackle in it.

The lack of jeopardy for both teams probably helped but would be good to see that being the norm tbh

32 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I quite liked Beaton's refereeing  last night.  Could have easily  booked 5 or 6 players but just got on with it and realised it was just a competitive game without a bad tackle in it.

The lack of jeopardy for both teams probably helped but would be good to see that being the norm tbh

I thought he gave a lot of soft fouls but I agree on the point about keeping his cards in his pocket. 

I'm not sure what happened with the pushing and shoving between Olusanya and Devlin (?) from the corner, seemed to get a bit heated for a minute. I thought Beaton dealt with that well too. 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I thought Beaton was OK too. Never really noticed him too much, which is a good thing.

Edited by pozbaird

33 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I thought he gave a lot of soft fouls but I agree on the point about keeping his cards in his pocket. 

I'm not sure what happened with the pushing and shoving between Olusanya and Devlin (?) from the corner, seemed to get a bit heated for a minute. I thought Beaton dealt with that well too. 

Nowt major,  olusanya tried to get in front of the goalie and Devlin and him were jostling.  Olusanya didn't want to leave it at that but it was all pretty tame 

9 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Nowt major,  olusanya tried to get in front of the goalie and Devlin and him were jostling.  Olusanya didn't want to leave it at that but it was all pretty tame 

Loved the way Gogic sorted the issue out. 

27 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Seemed a bit of an overreaction from Olusanya, which made me wonder if there was more to it but they were smiling and cuddling at the end of the game.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I thought Beaton was OK too. Never really noticed him too much, which is a good thing.

there was a big cheer went up near half time when he eventually gave us a free kick

14 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

As imperfect rhymes go it’s not as good as John Lydon’s

“God save the queen

The fascist Regime”

Or Steve Miller's

"Abra, Abra Cadabra

I wanna reach out and grab ya" 

but it still  works better than some of Shakespeare's ones

In all fairness to Ol' Billy Shakes, pronunciation has changed significantly more in 400 years than 40.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Shankland's goal was 100% meant. Is it too late to get included in a goal of the season shortlist? 

Yep. Agree it was meant. He looks back expectantly and even clenches his fist in celebration before it hits the net. Noone else on the pitch thinks it's a shot, but it is IMO. Probably too late for goal of the season, but I think there are better 

17 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Ref only adding  5 mins in total to the 90 mins was his best shout of the night.

Considering the linesman got treatment for 3, it was bizarre.

Posted (edited)

Ach, it was a magnificent game with four magnificent goals, a solid refereeing performance, no major VAR tomfoolery, an honourable draw between two of Scotland’s finest European participants and for one brief moment, we can hug our Jambo brethren* in a shared moment of joy at a job well done this season.

*Obika, Hampden 2013, Hampden 1987, Fir Park 2009/10…. GIRFUY. 😜

Edited by pozbaird

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Shankland's goal was 100% meant. Is it too late to get included in a goal of the season shortlist? 

Why not, he's won just about every other award.

21 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

We're not the ones who rhyme 'Europe'" with "spew up".

To be fair, you've not needed to rhyme Europe with anything in about 4 decades.

18 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Enjoyable game, but the worst ‘wait and give the players a round of applause as they do a lap of honour at the last home game of the season’ ever. I don’t give a flying fcuk if this comes over as ‘aye yer auld da’ or not - but those in the ‘singing’ section of the West Stand are not some sort of uber-fans, and after they get the players celebrating right in front of them for quite a while, the rest of us get them leading a pitch invasion and no chance to show our appreciation. Fcuking group shot in the goalmouth eh? Aye.

Thanks for fcuk all.

I think we might have found Mr Angry-Shouty who drowns out the commentary most 'midden matches... :D 

47 minutes ago, Lionel Logue said:

Why not, he's won just about every other award.

To be fair, you've not needed to rhyme Europe with anything in about 4 decades.

I think we might have found Mr Angry-Shouty who drowns out the commentary most 'midden matches... :D 

Booooooo! 😛

10 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I missed the game last night. I was prepared to believe that James Scott scored a goal, but you're taking it too far if you are trying to say John Beaton had a good game.