Clyde FC Season 24/25

33 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Motherwell, Partick, Montrose and Edinburgh City, home game against either Motherwell or Partick a decent earner. 

We’ll be at home to Motherwell and Montrose, away to Thistle and Edinburgh if it works the same as it has in recent years. 

2 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

We’ll be at home to Motherwell and Montrose, away to Thistle and Edinburgh if it works the same as it has in recent years. 

Think you are correct, away to Edinburgh for a third time potentially in one season, yay! 

Posted (edited)

Edinburgh apart (yawn), quite happy with the draw. The game against Thistle should be interesting and a wee bit of extra spice with the McCall factor - I imagine he'll be extra determined for a result in that game.

Motherwell should bring a half decent support to NDP (assuming it's a home game for us) and Montrose will be a good test for us to see how we're progressing - as will all the games I guess.

Edited by RutherGlen

22 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Edinburgh apart (yawn), quite happy with the draw. The game against Thistle should be interesting and a wee bit of extra spice with the McCall factor - I imagine he'll be extra determined for a result in that game.

Motherwell should bring a half decent support to NDP (assuming it's a home game for us) and Montrose will be a good test for us to see how we're progressing - as will all the games I guess.

Edinburgh should give us a more than decent chance of finishing fourth and pocketing more prize money. Certainly they should be the worst team from that pot.

You would like to think we will be trying to get Matty Shiels in, having been released from Cove. Dumbarton probably favourites but he would sort us out at left back and give us height and pace.

37 minutes ago, Bearded Bully said:

Ruari MacLennan has announced his retirement from football. Great wee player for Clyde making his debut 18 and gave 100% every time he stepped on the pitch. 

All the best Ruari 👏👏

Loved him as a player. Never really understood why he never stayed in the 'senior' game after he was released, but all the same he became a real Linlithgow legend.

I think his career was stunted by a hip condition that ultimately meant full time football was physically an issue for him.  Very talented and a shining light in a team/squad that was struggling.  His goal to level it at Morton in the 90th minute followed by Craig McKeown winning the match just a minute later an obvious highlight.  

The Chairman's bye bye statement is appalling. It should have started with a heartfelt apology and ended with I am leaving the Boardroom completely. How on earth he is being allowed to remain on the Board after such a shocking tenure, which included to name but two  instances.....caused us to miss out on a title and almost saw us in a play off with a village team for survival.

Good luck to Allan who indeed has come in with masses of know-how and energy and saved the club from the embarrassment of the play off....but if he retains the very Board which has underperformed for so long.....he's got a job on his hands, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

The Chairman's bye bye statement is appalling. It should have started with a heartfelt apology and ended with I am leaving the Boardroom completely. How on earth he is being allowed to remain on the Board after such a shocking tenure, which included to name but two  instances.....caused us to miss out on a title and almost saw us in a play off with a village team for survival.

Good luck to Allan who indeed has come in with masses of know-how and energy and saved the club from the embarrassment of the play off....but if he retains the very Board which has underperformed for so long.....he's got a job on his hands, that's for sure.

Totally agree with this. Toxic Thomson’s statement is embarrassing. According to him, he was responsible for anything positive, but the negative stuff was down to everyone else (the Clyde fans). What a joke.

34 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Can we please announce a signing soon am getting bored 😂

I'll not sleep until we sign an actual left back.