Clyde FC Season 24/25

Alloa posted a few photos from the friendly the other day, looks like we had a few trialists playing. Can't see faces but don't recognise 14 and 19 in here.

Hopefully we get a new addition soon for one of the big holes in the squad, given that the rumours of a signing this weekend never came to fruition. Chris McGinn has been released by Hamilton - I doubt we'd be in for him after McCall's refusal to play him last season but interesting nonetheless.

8 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Alloa posted a few photos from the friendly the other day, looks like we had a few trialists playing. Can't see faces but don't recognise 14 and 19 in here.

Hopefully we get a new addition soon for one of the big holes in the squad, given that the rumours of a signing this weekend never came to fruition. Chris McGinn has been released by Hamilton - I doubt we'd be in for him after McCall's refusal to play him last season but interesting nonetheless.

There's a load more photos on a flickr gallery. Seems some players had different numbers as Hamilton was 5 and Rennie still 9. We must've had 2 14's too as Paul McKay was wearing it and looks like he scored our goal.

image.png.fc0936b42987516ea8e0470fd9a77cc0.png

image.thumb.png.b6b3d51c7fd6159966038c3ed2ce0e5e.png

11 minutes ago, CM. said:

There's a load more photos on a flickr gallery. Seems some players had different numbers as Hamilton was 5 and Rennie still 9. We must've had 2 14's too as Paul McKay was wearing it and looks like he scored our goal.

Oh yeah - good find! Seems like Houstoun was the 19 and the other ginger lad was 4 rather than 14 - don't recognise him but is he one of the lads that played against QotS? Another lad on the bench I don't recognise either

image.png.bbc2363802479c949c4628abeb115694.png  image.png.2d344f12393a17ed076664ad4b85afc2.png 

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Oh yeah - good find! Seems like Houstoun was the 19 and the other ginger lad was 4 rather than 14 - don't recognise him but is he one of the lads that played against QotS? Another lad on the bench I don't recognise either

image.png.bbc2363802479c949c4628abeb115694.png  image.png.2d344f12393a17ed076664ad4b85afc2.png 

looks like shay burke released by Falkirk. May be wrong though.

20 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Upon Googling I'd be very surprised if they're not one and the same. 17 year old centre midfielder, moved to Drumchapel on loan. Not one to set the heather alight it seems.

31 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Upon Googling I'd be very surprised if they're not one and the same. 17 year old centre midfielder, moved to Drumchapel on loan. Not one to set the heather alight it seems.

Centre midfielder?

Sign him.

18 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Yeah that's Burke, only had an amateur contract at us. Got a decent number of games at Drumchapel in their title winning season. I only seen him in youth/reserve games so hard to judge his quality, big physical centre midfielder who can take a decent freekick.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

big physical centre midfielder

Jokes aside about us gathering centre midfielders, we don't actually have that kind of hard defensive midfield-type so perhaps that's what McCall is thinking. He'll be a cheap squad filler anyway if he does end up signing.

3 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

seven and two = 9

So do 6+3, 4+5, 8+1...

It won't be coincidental. We had a young guy called McClelland from NI on loan a couple of years ago who did the same.

2 hours ago, HaleyReinhart said:

Surprised we are yet to announce the one we thought was in the door on Saturday. 

Hoping to see ✍️ make an appearance at training tonight. 

Just bought my season ticket so expect the 🖊️ and a LB tonight🤪

Ordered my season ticket on Monday. Took them up on the direct debit option this time. Got an email from the people setting up the direct debit straight away but nothing from Clyde. There is nothing in my Ticketco app either which is working fine. Anybody know anything that I  don't ?