Clyde FC Season 24/25

5 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

As others have said if could get Kabila and Jordan Allan signed up would be happy with that

Though don’t think will happen and will bring in 2 strikers and 2 wingers on loan

Don't think either will be in any rush so will be waiting a while. 

Like to see one or two loans regardless.  Would be a squad of just 20 including they two and discounting Grant and McCulloch.

5 minutes ago, HaleyReinhart said:

Like to see one or two loans regardless. 

Loans usually don’t get sorted until closer the start of the season once the teams up the chain work out what they are doing with their squads

Also why would we pay huge money, in L2 terms for Jordan Allan type loan in July.. if it does happen I suspect it will be August at earliest. 

On Kebia, I think he has ability but not sure his heart is in it for a fight at this level. Personally, I wouldn’t be using the pot if we still have it on a big wage on him. 

Cracking bit of business picking up Robson. As what’s been said previously, fully expected him to pitch up at a top end league 1 side pretty comfortably tbh 

Lost his way a fair bit on the pitch midway through the 22/23 season when Simon Murray departed. Robson was given the captaincy afterwards and it just never seemed to suit him and his performances regressed massively for a good 12 months

He was pretty shocking under Veldman and his lapses in concentration/positioning was becoming almost a weekly occurrence. Davidson joined and he lost his place at left back when he signed Josh Scott from Newcastle. Weirdly enough, robson reinvented himself back to the reliable version of himself that we had seen throughout his first 2 and a half years. He played in a slightly unconventional role of the left sided centre back of a back 5 but he was excellent there due to his recovery pace and having an extra body around him for when he was caught out positionally 

He’s got excellent pace, really good when driving with the ball and can chip in with a couple goals. We had to move on from Robson but at league 2 level, he should be the best full back in the league quite comfortably 

7 hours ago, Gall09 said:

Cannot believe yous have pulled this off. Tommy Robson is easily high end League 1. Still a very good player and a cracking guy. 

I had him on my watch list in the Cove thread. Some signing, that's the McCall pull I'd say.

The difference is there for all to see....someone at the helm making decisions on how to spend whatever money there is, wisely. Someone with experience of taking a Club up the leagues. Someone who must have been shocked to the core when he arrived to see the squad Duffy had assembled and to be fair to Duffy-that may have been driven by finances at the time and by having a Board that had no clue about football. That Board largely remains and so what's happening in front of our eyes is down to one person who, since he walked through the door has changed the mentality of the Club single handed and continues to make changes - let's hope he can surround himself with like minded Board members who are more commercially aware and more knowledgable about what's required to run a successful football Club.

He's worked tirelessly since he arrived and he is the main reason we are not facing this season in the Lowland League. 

It also looks like he's building a squad for the next two season's at least and that suggests he is aiming for the Championship - which is where we should be and where he has been before (and beyond).

This is no time for scepticism it's time for every single Clyde supporter to forget the past squabbles  and differences (I include myself in this) and get fully behind the Chairman we are now very fortunate to have running the Club.

He's driven, determined, knowledgable, experienced and a football man.......results will follow and I fully expect a league title this season.

Considering the squad McCall lifted the imaginary second half of the season title with, then compare it to this first choice team, it's hard not to get a little bit carried away at the potential. 

Need to see how everyone settles in and I'm genuinely looking forward to the League Cup games this time. Been an awful long time since there's not been an obvious weakness in a position.