Clyde FC Season 24/25

6 hours ago, David W said:

I gave up trying to work out a best eleven weeks ago. It's impossible. We are one of the few sides who will benefit hugely from the four League Cup games as having a nearly full squad, he can rotate different players in for the different fixtures and get a proper handle on things ahead of Forfar. And I don't mean deliberately weakening the side by doing so.

For me, we'll probably have three from Cuddihy, Grant, McKay, Docherty, Lyon playing most games to give us a bit of control. With a front three then made up from the others. Then for the home games against the weaker/defensive sides, we'll go with two of the aforementioned midfielders and play a Connelly/Leitch as a ten. Even the option of two proper attacking full-backs will give us so many other ways to attack a game.

The brilliant thing is that the likes of Rennie, Cuddihy and others who on their day are great L2 players, will need to be at their best every game or they'll be out the side. Apart from possibly full-back and goalkeeper, there's real competition all over the pitch.

With Cuddihy's injury record I think he'll be a bit part player this season....and Ray Grant might struggle to start in this squad. Almost got full cover across every position for the first time in forever.....this is a squad that's been built to last a a season and I strongly feel given the personnel driving things now - we will win the title with considerable ease.

14 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This is the thing. Such a wild difference between this season and last season. Because of restrictions regarding trialists in the cup, when we played Hamilton in the first game this time last season we only had three on the bench. The team that day was:

- Parry -

- McCulloch - Sula - Dunachie - Craig -

- Cuddihy - Forbes -

- L. Scullion - Cameron - Mulvanny -

- Rennie -

Subs: Leighfield, P. Grant, C. Scullion

I think it was more due to the Board making the most ludicrous of double appointments - Duffy as DOF and McClean as First team manager/coach. Allan Maitland lost little time in dismantling the playing squad he inherited and we can only hope he's about to do the same with the Board who took us on such a horrific journey last season......not that the previous few season's were much fun either.

9 hours ago, MonTheClyde_MonTheBullyWee said:

image.thumb.png.ebcfd5cdcccc03ff4bdc451204d88a51.png

Assuming Kabia resigns, I would say we are just about there with the squad. Ovbs with a No.9 Still to come in (Plz JA9). 4 loans still to use aswell, so maybe another 2 or 3 max still to come in. The 21 players we have so far are night and day from last season, with that squad I reckon we would give league 1 a right good go nevermind league 2. Defos looks like we are in for a cracking season and boy have we earned it after the past 2/3 seasons rubbish. Major credit to both Ian McCall and AM for what they have done pre-season, July 17th can't come quick enough! 🇾🇪

Hearing that we are in talks with Falkirk over JA - usual hurdles apparently....part time v full time and if it's to be a loan as looks likely - how much of his wages do we have to cover....hearing that Falkirk are holding out for 100%.

Hope the negotiations are successful......I think he will be the difference between top 3 and winning the league at a canter.

6 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

I know it is tempting to think we are going to romp the league but reality is I know little about the new players who have signed

Always say give it the first quarter of the season to see how we are playing and where we are in the league and then will decide if we are likely to be challenging or not

Exception was last season when after about 3 games it was clear we were going to struggle with the squad that was assembled 

Though from what others have said, particularly fans of other clubs, it seems we have assembled a squad that should be capable of a title push this year

Thank goodness we didn't appoint you Chairman or manager then, with respect. Just look at what AM did with Accies and what McCall has achieved....they are connected in Scottish football and highly knowledgable....I know it's hard to break the habit of the last 10 years or more and trust the guys in charge, but now is the time to do so......I doubt either of them could prepare a mid size Company's accounts for submission to HMRC - each to their own, and for once we can all sit back and watch these guys at work and enjoy watching Clyde compete positively once more.

5 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Lee Connelly will be a great signing for Clyde IF he screws the nut, which would be a miracle given season he has just had. 

Instead of turning up to team lunch pre game, he went and got a KFC.

He tried to lead a players revolt to get the manager out.

He was consistently late for training.

He failed to turn up to a club charity event because he claimed he slept in. 

He was fined 19 times over the course of the season for various things.

Good luck

Allan Maitland and McCall will be well aware and their man management skills will get the best out of him, thanks for your concern though.

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Well I hope they are right about Clyde...but from insider source at Peterhead...they have that one wrong......filling up the squad with Highland League  hackers.......

What highland league hackers have they signed?

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

I noticed in the player sponsorships there is a third kit listed , would that be the yellow one ?

Maitland said at some point there would be a black and red kit.

5 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Hearing that we are in talks with Falkirk over JA - usual hurdles apparently....part time v full time and if it's to be a loan as looks likely - how much of his wages do we have to cover....hearing that Falkirk are holding out for 100%.

Hope the negotiations are successful......I think he will be the difference between top 3 and winning the league at a canter.

We'll be holding out for all his wages to be covered so we can bring another body in. McGlynn has spent the budget already so we'll need to be creative if we want to add to the squad. You'd imagine if Allan has already changed his Instagram to him in a Clyde kit then it's pretty much a done deal. If he does go it will just add fuel to the fire that he should never have been signed in the first place. Hardly got a look in because we only play 1 up front and a tall striker. He doesn't fit that bill. McGlynn's signings have all been in the main pretty decent but I think he's panicked because we were desperately needing another striker in. No offence to Allan the boy will get goals in the right system he just doesn't suit McGlynn's style of play. Plus there's at least 2 strikers in front of him now in MacIver and Shanley.

Edited by ebobsboy

3 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Well I hope they are right about Clyde...but from insider source at Peterhead...they have that one wrong......filling up the squad with Highland League  hackers.......

I think you need to check the sobriety of your insider source.The only HL player we have signed is Max Barry from Buckie who was their best player last season and certainly not a hacker. 

3 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Thank goodness we didn't appoint you Chairman or manager then, with respect. Just look at what AM did with Accies 

3 relegations in a row before leaving. Aye. Great. 

9 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Lee Connelly will be a great signing for Clyde IF he screws the nut, which would be a miracle given season he has just had. 

Good luck

Considering the fact we've had countless players signed over the past few seasons who have committed actual crimes, I'm fairly chilled about Connolly just being a w****r.

9 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Good luck

Given Bartley claimed he handed out over 100 fines last season then 19 seems minimal. Joking aside, I'd imagine McCall has done his homework and discussed all those issues with Connelly. Head and lifestyle obviously not in full time football but if we can benefit from that then excellent.

2 hours ago, Pedro Cabeza said:

I think you need to check the sobriety of your insider source.The only HL player we have signed is Max Barry from Buckie who was their best player last season and certainly not a hacker. 

He doesn’t have an inside source. Anywhere. Just likes the thought of being in the know.

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

He doesn’t have an inside source. Anywhere. Just likes the thought of being in the know.

Boohoo little Murray- see my response to the Peterhead fan. I also don’t know about the whole Falkirk squad giving JA pelters for his insta pic in the Clyde kit.