Clyde FC Season 24/25

15 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Was Mcall not the best thing since sliced bread a few month ago ?? Give the man time to sort it out ffs , that squad are more than capable of being right up there at the business end of the season. 

You'd think aye but a large section of Clyde fans are like rollercoasters.

f**king mental.

On 02/09/2024 at 16:35, Right turn Clyde said:

Aha- the apple clearly doesn’t fall too far from the tree, this must be where Jnr gets it from. “personal references”?  Maybe you should ask the wee one about that sort of thing and counsel him not to indulge and not me.
Thanks for the advice on English classes- I was quite content with my First class with honours English degree but maybe I should in fact go for a Masters.

Maybe you should find out the difference between "adapt" and "adept", is what SLW was getting at I think.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig!

On 03/09/2024 at 22:35, HaleyReinhart said:

Agree with virtually all of this. Scullion I think is acceptable on the right but never the left. 

Also on past seasons Houston starts every week but he's really struggled for us so far! Hope that sorts itself out soon whenever he is back! 

Football chat. How boring!

On 02/09/2024 at 13:29, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Leave it out with the personal references. If anyone says something you don't like speak to them at the game. You have the benefit of clearly knowing my name and family members, I have no idea who you are, and do not want to. 

Fit that chat in after you go to English classes with your mate from a few pages back!

Typo on adept - sorry

On 04/09/2024 at 17:49, Right turn Clyde said:

The person from Sheffield you mention is an awfully nice person and a lifelong supporter of the Club........been known (when the football was worth watching) to travel up on a Saturday, getting home in the early hours........proper commitment that.

yea met him at broadwood with his pals scrounging food and drink for free, great Clyde man indeed.

On 03/09/2024 at 20:53, Ocelot1877 said:

You would struggle to see a club that has had 6 chairmen in the last 10 years and 3 of them still serving on the board of directors. Boardroom needs to be gutted and people put in place with the time and skills to take the team forward. Can’t have the same people around and be surprised things don’t change.

Iv seen the comment since it was posted, wasn’t quite the bombshell I was expecting but will still be interesting to see how it transpires and if any more details are made available. Maitland has only been in position for a few months but around the club a bit longer, maybe he has identified people and asked hard questions of them and they havent taken it well. Maybe he has been absolutely at it and a tyrant. Time will tell

Like I said can’t have the same people around the place and expect different  results, 2 huge positions now open on the board will be interested to see who fills them long term.

"Long term" could be an issue for more reasons than we think. The outgoing VC has revealed there is an overspend situation which has created a "black hole" to the tune of £180k. (Makes Norrie and DD's £60k deficit to win promotion look like a bargain!)

The Club at serious risk according to Mr McPherson and clearly Governance and diligence has not been followed by our new chair and this is why the VC and FD have walked....with the out-going VC urging the remaining Board to "make an announcement" and not the Chairman, as according to McPherson "I don't believe the Chairman's version of events is going to be useful here."

Pretty worrying stuff.

The benefactor, now he has the comfort of his two men on the Board, (the only two who have a clue who he is), could be tapped up for next season's money to bail us out I suppose, but what about the apparent poor relationship between the Chairman and the rest of the Board? Sadly it doesn't bode well.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

PS Imagine putting out all over media that we are the best run club in League 2 with all of this going on.

15 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

"Long term" could be an issue for more reasons than we think. The outgoing VC has revealed there is an overspend situation which has created a "black hole" to the tune of £180k. (Makes Norrie and DD's £60k deficit to win promotion look like a bargain!)

The Club at serious risk according to Mr McPherson and clearly Governance and diligence has not been followed by our new chair and this is why the VC and FD have walked....with the out-going VC urging the remaining Board to "make an announcement" and not the Chairman, as according to McPherson "I don't believe the Chairman's version of events is going to be useful here."

Pretty worrying stuff.

The benefactor, now he has the comfort of his two men on the Board, (the only two who have a clue who he is), could be tapped up for next season's money to bail us out I suppose, but what about the apparent poor relationship between the Chairman and the rest of the Board? Sadly it doesn't bode well.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

PS Imagine putting out all over media that we are the best run club in League 2 with all of this going on.

Delete that post ffs!!

8 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Delete that post ffs!!

Oh, here comes the paragon of virtue who does the bidding of a certain Director...the troops are being mobilised.

Would me deleting the post change things? Would it plug the black hole the outgoing Vice Chair speaks of? Would it change the situation that he challenges the Board to explain to the owners and support? Nope....what you are accusing me of I believe, is airing our dirty laundry on a public forum and you know, you could actually be right with this concern. However, there are many Clyde supporters here who support the Club financially and have done for many years and who more than likely will be asked to dig deep again given what we are being told and they should know the state of things...and if they feel strongly enough about what the Board has sat back and allowed to happen, according to our ex Vice Chair (and I doubt he'd be so specific in his words were they not fact) they could consider for £60 becoming an owner to "have a say" in how this plays out now and in the future.
In fact, I'll go further to help those who think the VC has had a brainstorm of epic proportions......our newest Director is talking of his "stomach churning" since becoming aware of the situation, and his concern for the Club has not been so strong since before CIC when the Club had a huge debt which forced the decade of austerity which saw us tumble quickly down the leagues. Same again and it's the West of Scotland League that awaits us. One thing which confuses me regarding the dramatic "stomach churning" comment though, why is he so concerned, when we have our wealthy benefactor providing "money the likes of which we have never seen before"? 

What gives me the right to share this information? Nothing, other than being a long time critic of a Board that took us on an unerring journey towards the LL and who knows, might still.
All I am doing, and some of course will disagree and are disagreeing with me, is discussing this with fellow supporters, I am not taking screen shot's from a private site and publishing on here.....I think Clyde supporters should know what is going on. I'll be accused of taking pleasure in being correct about the Board, nothing could be further from the truth, there is no pleasure to be taken from seeing this unfold....it is embarrassing and upsetting for anyone who supports and follows the Club.

If what is happening, and what is being posted on Club forum for fans to see (and they know it's going to get out onto mainstream media....everything always has) why are they not blocking the VC from posting and why is the newest director adding fuel to the fire and challenging the Board to speak up as it had nothing to do with him, as he was not on the Board at the time? All he is doing is validating the comments from the VC, who is still promising to blow the whistle if the Board do not come clean about the situation.

I now await to receive the standard abuse, character assassination and ridicule from the usual suspects........but, I am willing to suffer this if more Clyde supporters begin to understand the ineptitude of the people running the Club and the severity of the situation.

Right turn Clyde playing his Gerry Mcnee card of exclusively revealing things that should not be in a public forum. I hope you feel big and clever and important. 

The club has ways of communicating to its members and to the wider fan base and none of them involve revealing info on Pie and Bovril. 

delete the information that clearly isn’t for public consumption… it’s pretty clear it shouldn’t be in a public forum. 

Edited by Kerrazoo

15 minutes ago, Kerrazoo said:

Right turn Clyde playing his Gerry Mcnee card of exclusively revealing things that should not be in a public forum. I hope you feel big and clever and important. 

The club has ways of communicating to its members and to the wider fan base and none of them involve revealing info on Pie and Bovril. 

delete the information that clearly isn’t for public consumption… it’s pretty clear it shouldn’t be in a public forum. 

I'm pretty sure that if the shoe was on the other foot, Clyde fanboyz on here would be loving reading about another clubs misfortune.

You reap what you sow, and as soon as you lot of deluded charlatans are playing lower league football the better.