Elgin City - 2024 onwards

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

Clubs who sign a player under 24, who have rejected the same or better terms at their previous club, are required to pay a development fee to the player's previous club.

OK, ta for that.

On 29/06/2024 at 16:23, Mattmc said:

Kyle is decent but, I’d say Stranraer are getting the better deal here. 
We’ve brought in a more experienced player in this position, in Adam Cummins. 
 Elgin are going to have to stump up compensation, probably around £9000 for a player that finished bottom of the league last season. 

Apologies, I just had a look at the rules and £9000 appears to be the compensation fee but can be appealed.

2 minutes ago, afca32 said:

What a signing! This is a really exciting squad Hale is putting together.

Just what i was thinking looks a promising squad and for a change a decent amount of signings and good signings at that as well 

That is a fantastic signing. Really didn’t see that being a possibility. The proactivity of the management is very refreshing and encouraging - I’m a bit excited for the start of the season for the first time in a few years!

Excellent news. Great signing. All players strips sponsored already as well. There is a real feel good factor around the club at the minute.

Posted (edited)

Golding making an even bigger impression in tonights friendly against forres coming on in the second half and getting a hat trick along with goals from sargent and murray beating forres 5-2

Edited by cityloon

Went along to your game tonight. Thought Forres were pretty decent in the first half and deservedly went in ahead. I was surprised at how slack Elgin were given they’d already played a couple games more than Forres in Pre-Season. However, the changes at half time (which I’m assuming made the team far closer to your strongest XI) completely changed the game and to be fair the second half could’ve been anything Elgin wanted.

On the face of it, Elgin have signed really well. Particularly impressed by the signings of Ryan Sargent and Jack Murray, two of the best HL players of the past few seasons. Golding, who I must admit I’d never seen play before tonight, was also particularly impressive. I can definitely see a Top 4 finish for City this season.

I'm not going to get too carried away yet. The last 2/3 seasons have been painfully bad and would take a huge change to get us up near the top of the league. However,  I like the sound of the handful of signings we have made so far. As happy as I am to Have Golding back (purely for his workrate/pace/ball carrying) I don't see him being a 'goalscorer' and that's an area I think we may struggle since the loss of Hester. I would love to see us make a good start and hopefully with that a  winning mentality and see how we go from there! 

11 minutes ago, Elgin Macca said:

I'm not going to get too carried away yet. The last 2/3 seasons have been painfully bad and would take a huge change to get us up near the top of the league. However,  I like the sound of the handful of signings we have made so far. As happy as I am to Have Golding back (purely for his workrate/pace/ball carrying) I don't see him being a 'goalscorer' and that's an area I think we may struggle since the loss of Hester. I would love to see us make a good start and hopefully with that a  winning mentality and see how we go from there! 

I hear what you’re saying but I think we need to have optimism. This transfer window has been a huge step up compared to the other ones and I think we ought to be ambitious.

Have to agree with Elgin Macca. There is no doubt the squad is shaping up to be stronger and deeper but scoring goals is a worry and I don’t think we have replaced the quality of Gallagher in midfield. Early days though, scope to pull a rabbit out of the hat with a good loan signing or two.
Certainly more optimistic than I have been in several years at this stage.