Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

7 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

The fact that it's all Kilmarnock, St Mirren and St Johnstone fans arguing that the top flight isn't a closed shop etc tells its own story. At least have the humility to admit you have been, along with Motherwell, by far the biggest beneficiaries of the 1 relegation spot years. 

Unfair to put Motherwell in there, they’ve finished in the bottom two once in the last twenty years and the one time they did, they hammered the most expensive lower league team of all time in the playoff.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Unfair to put Motherwell in there, they’ve finished in the bottom two once in the last twenty years and the one time they did, they hammered the most expensive lower league team of all time in the playoff.

Aye, but we'd have been relegated twice, and were saved only by league reconstruction and by Falkirk's ground being (relatively) shite.

Edited by Doctor Manhattan

14 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

The fact that it's all Kilmarnock, St Mirren and St Johnstone fans arguing that the top flight isn't a closed shop etc tells it's own story. At least have the humility to admit you have been, along with Motherwell, by far the biggest beneficiaries of the 1 relegation spot years. 

And yet 5 of the 8 biggest clubs in the country (or 5/6 if you excluded the OF,) have all been relegated and come back in the last 10 years or so. 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

And yet 5 of the 8 biggest clubs in the country (or 5/6 if you excluded the OF,) have all been relegated and come back in the last 10 years or so. 

You can prove anything with facts!

18 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

The fact that it's all Kilmarnock, St Mirren and St Johnstone fans arguing that the top flight isn't a closed shop etc tells it's own story. At least have the humility to admit you have been, along with Motherwell, by far the biggest beneficiaries of the 1 relegation spot years. 

6 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

We've only finished below 9th twice in the last 16 seasons, never mind the bottom two.

But aye, it's the "closed shop" nature of the divisions that led to that long run.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

To be fair we had Ross Millen at right back so it’s no surprise we got pumped.

Wonder where he is now.

So do we...the body's got to be somewhere.

Ross County deserved to win because they were far more clinical with their finishing. We have had a decent season .If we improve as much next season we will be well in contention. Personally, I am bored with the small league setup. Playing an opposition team only twice a season is preferable to the current system.

I thought Jordan White was excellent today, really involved with play, took his goal well and was unlucky in the second half not to score another.  I was advocating for Sims to start today instead of him.  

6-1 was about right in the reflection of the two games, although we didn’t deserve to win 4-0 today and deserved more than a one goal lead on Thursday.

Really pleased that Don has been announced as manager next season (assuming he signs a contract) as he has done well in saving us from the Derek Adams car crash.  

Overall an easy passage this year compared to last year, and hopefully with a transfer window to come he will take in a better quality of player.

Yan Dhanda, farewell our sweet Prince.  An absolutely brilliant player and hopefully he has a great Hearts career, but if he doesn’t hopefully we can get him back at some point.

5 minutes ago, Loki said:

I thought Jordan White was excellent today, really involved with play, took his goal well and was unlucky in the second half not to score another.  I was advocating for Sims to start today instead of him.  

6-1 was about right in the reflection of the two games, although we didn’t deserve to win 4-0 today and deserved more than a one goal lead on Thursday.

Really pleased that Don has been announced as manager next season (assuming he signs a contract) as he has done well in saving us from the Derek Adams car crash.  

Overall an easy passage this year compared to last year, and hopefully with a transfer window to come he will take in a better quality of player.

Yan Dhanda, farewell our sweet Prince.  An absolutely brilliant player and hopefully he has a great Hearts career, but if he doesn’t hopefully we can get him back at some point.

I can definitely see a situation where he’s back on loan next season. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've only finished below 9th twice in the last 16 seasons, never mind the bottom two.

But aye, it's the "closed shop" nature of the divisions that led to that long run.

Since we came up we've been similar, one finish below 9th, our first season up where we looked dead and buried after the Stubbs shambles, yet we still beat a hugely fancied Dundee United in the playoffs with a team that was cobbled together in January from the best of the bin juice Gus MacPherson could find trawling through wyscout.

Edited by GAD

Having been at the game as a neutral I'd like to weigh on the big issue of contention.

I experienced both over the course of the day and would say with confidence that the Staggie pie was very tasty if a little under-filled and under-baked, while the Scotch pie was excellent.

6 hours ago, Bri RCFC said:

Not even the biggest team in Fife, let alone premier league standard, fkin grounds an absolute hole of a place as well, if you can't pump the 2nd bottom team over 2 legs your not good enough, Dundee Utd are shite and they won that league, if we had come down we'd have won the championship by at least 15 points just like last time

Our ground is a hole 😂😂 fk me have you looked at you fag packet ground and shite house support! Have a word

11 hours ago, starryfish said:

Thought there was a foul by Murray prior to White scoring, surprised VAR didn’t seem to intervene 

Just watched this back - Connor Randall was very lucky to get away with his part in it.

The funniest thing about @Jives Miguel argument is that I don’t remember Morten being actually involved in any of the Premiership playoffs finals since those came into existence.

According to statistics they finished 2nd in 2012/13 in Championship.

Were there no playoffs that season or did they get pumped before the final?

The last time Morten were in the top league was season 1987/1988. Even the playoffs would not have saved their sorry arses. 

16 points from 44 games. GD -73. 😂 

Flush that Greenock jobby. 

IMG_0321.thumb.jpeg.650a99054242309a3a5033f0f2f8c734.jpeg

36 years ago…… 😂 I’m struggling to remember that far back.

I’d be surprised if Jives is actually old enough to remember that season. 😂 

Looking at that old table I’d expect to see Falkirk or Dunfermline challenging for a place back in the top flight before Morten. Those clubs are much bigger clubs with far greater history than those poor unfortunates in Greenock.

47 minutes ago, Molotov said:

The funniest thing about @Jives Miguel argument is that I don’t remember Morten being actually involved in any of the Premiership playoffs finals since those came into existence.

That was the last season of the SFL/SPL era. The Premiership play-offs were re-introduced when the SPFL came about for the 13/14 season.

Over 2 legs County were clearly the better team and there was a fair gulf between the two teams although not sure yesterday was a 4-0 game as we played OK for a lot of it. County were ruthless though.

Andrew Barrowman said on Radio Scotland on Thursday  that were probably a year ahead of schedule in reaching this game  and maybe it showed over the two legs

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

The last time Morten were in the top league was season 1987/1988. Even the playoffs would not have saved their sorry arses. 

16 points from 44 games. GD -73. 😂 

Flush that Greenock jobby. 

IMG_0321.thumb.jpeg.650a99054242309a3a5033f0f2f8c734.jpeg

36 years ago…… 😂 I’m struggling to remember that far back.

I’d be surprised if Jives is actually old enough to remember that season. 😂 

Looking at that old table I’d expect to see Falkirk or Dunfermline challenging for a place back in the top flight before Morten. Those clubs are much bigger clubs with far greater history than those poor unfortunates in Greenock.

I’m always surprised that Ayr and Morton fans don’t seem to get on. You would think they would bond over being the “wee team” in their respective rivalries.

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m always surprised that Ayr and Morton fans don’t seem to get on. You would think they would bond over being the “wee team” in their respective rivalries.

Do Morten fans get on with anyone? 

They come across as permanently seething on this fine website.