General Election 2024

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That was my feeling.

He came across very well - certainly better than Swinney on Monday night.

He needs to be used more.

Didn't see him last night but he did well and wiped the floor with Farage apparently.

He usually comes across well though. Yeah, needs to be used more.

10 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

You voting Farage then?

faragecock.gif.f1e821c3ad997e45dbdd97c0e7bae756.gif

SNP for me though, we can get back to indy afterwards. Labour has nothing to offer. Just more Toryism.

No, it'll be Abla for the cock 'n' ball obsessives.

If Labour aren’t happy with their already massive lead they could just use this as their next election broadcast.

They’ll have to remove the last 30 seconds mind you.

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Hopefully Macron has delivered a blueprint to Swinney tonight for when the Snp get their arses handed to them in the forthcoming election 

Hopefully the voters of Scotland are not daft enough to vote for any of the drifting to the far right parties on offer.

10 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Hopefully the voters of Scotland are not daft enough to vote for any of the drifting to the far right parties on offer.

So do I but the worrying thing is that we can get dragged in any direction rUK chooses to go.

Just a few years back a genuinely far-right UK government seemed impossible, looking at what’s happening in Europe now I’m not so sure.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

So do I but the worrying thing is that we can get dragged in any direction rUK chooses to go.

Just a few years back a genuinely far-right UK government seemed impossible, looking at what’s happening in Europe now I’m not so sure.

Absolutely. Worrying times.

How does a 'proud Scot' enthusiastically support Scotland on Friday, be kind of routing for the team playing their big neighbour rival on Sunday, but happily be governed by said big neighbour. Sport and politics don't mix or something. Must take a bit of mental gymnastics to be comfortable with that. 

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Hopefully Macron has delivered a blueprint to Swinney tonight for when the Snp get their arses handed to them in the forthcoming election 

If SNP do get a thumping, whch  is likely, it shows how craven Scotkand is to England.

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Ah, the days when conservatives would mock other countries for embracing fascism. "We'd never stand for it here - people would just laugh at a little creep like Hitler!"

MY7VNY.gif

Lib Dem manifesto is quite impressive IMO.

Labour saying they will create 100,000 new nursery places by turning unused school classrooms into nurseries, but it’s not clear to me whether the constraint on nursery places is as much lack of physical space as it is lack of qualified staff.   

27 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Labour saying they will create 100,000 new nursery places by turning unused school classrooms into nurseries, but it’s not clear to me whether the constraint on nursery places is as much lack of physical space as it is lack of qualified staff.   

This is reminiscent of their proposed use of other spaces as schools during lockdown - without actually considering how they would be staffed.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

26 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

It's certainly better than anything being offered by the incumbents or their successors, who really don't want to be tied down to any concrete commitments.

Of course, as ever, they can promise whatever they want as they'll never have to implement it...and have already proven they'll give it all up for a sniff of the cabinet.

The Tory manifesto in two words - JAM TOMORROW

To expand,

Yes we've given you stale bread and austerity and misery for most of the last 14 years (in fact most of the last 45years since 1979),

But trust us, we've turned a corner, crested the hill, things can only get better, scratch that one but really all will be great and its

JAM TOMORROW, and proper British Raspberry or Strawberry jam, not some weird foreign conserve either.