General Election 2024

Posted (edited)

A group of folk at work (7 of them including myself, all from UK) only received our ballots yesterday and have been told there’s no way they will arrive in time. We’ve also been denied emergency proxies.

So that’s a fucking shitshow then. 

Also bytheway - everyone from different constituencies, everyone with Reform candidates on their ballots. How did they get so many people?! WHO THE f**k IS CAMERON ROSE AND WHY DOESNT HE VISIT A DENTIST?!?

Edited by The Other Foot

44 minutes ago, an86 said:

If we were going on where my views actually align, I’d be voting Green. However, I can’t argue with my MP’s voting record and the alternative is some little briefcase turd who’d likely back the selling of arms to Israel and continued austerity. 

This is where I am as well. There are plenty of constituencies where the incumbent SNP MP is dreadful in one way or other and I wouldn't vote for them, but it's not the case in Inverclyde - Ronnie Cowan is not exactly a firebrand who's going to get national attention but he's firmly in the category of a good local MP, whereas the Labour candidate is the epitome of briefcase Labour. So SNP it is not for anything they're doing well, but in the hope of Labour's inevitable huge majority at least not being quite as huge as it would be with a Scottish landslide.

19 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think I've had one or two letters from Labour so far. Today, all of this arrived:

IMG202407031836371.thumb.jpg.2dfee2ef3a447e4a81ceb00d76632d52.jpg

Two from Labour, one from everyone else except the Lib Dems.

Please tell me that it says "cringe" beside that picture of Starmer

20 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Also bytheway - everyone from different constituencies, everyone with Reform candidates on their ballots. How did they get so many people?! WHO THE f**k IS CAMERON ROSE AND WHY DOESNT HE VISIT A DENTIST?!?

You must be same constituency as me.

He is an ex conservative councillor, was a tit then and confirmed it by being in that party.

Sadly, whatever I do, the w****r Ian Murray will still get elected.

29 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You must be same constituency as me.

He is an ex conservative councillor, was a tit then and confirmed it by being in that party.

Sadly, whatever I do, the w****r Ian Murray will still get elected.

Has Murray mentioned that he's in the Labour Party for this election? I seem to remember hearing that in previous elections he only used to mention it in a microdot at the bottom of the second page.

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

Has Murray mentioned that he's in the Labour Party for this election? I seem to remember hearing that in previous elections he only used to mention it in a microdot at the bottom of the second page.

Aye, now he is going to be part of the winning team for the first time in his political life, his head is above the parapet.

The only amusing thing I've seen is, on his office posters which said "re elect Ian Murray" someone went round and painted it into "de elect Ian Murray".

Small things amuse me........

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

cfqrstasb6p51.jpg

1 hour ago, The Other Foot said:

Horse for me, I’m afraid. 

28 minutes ago, GordonS said:

image.png.cf05f5ce4a600048b14627f28a939842.png

276f2084-4910-4dc8-b9e6-edd7895e8108_text.gif.0be8b1bbcc63b6f5ed940332546cdc6b.gif