General Election 2024

Aye, Brexit was 99% based on immigration IMO.  Hence why right-wing England voted for it and left-wing Scotland voted against it.

7 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've been down to put my cock and balls into the ballot box.

Would that not be a bit painful?

7 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've been down to put my cock and balls into the ballot box.

Glad I’m not the poor lassie counting that ballot box.

Cock and balls drawn on the ballot for me, can't agree with any of the pish any of the parties say, old Billy Connolly adage "The desire to become a politician should bar you for life from becoming one" 

Down with the establishment etc

Get yourselves down and vote,I think I'm right in saying there's over 30 countries where they don't get a chance to take part in democracy so even if it's a cock n balls at least you have made the effort.The biggest party is normally "didn't vote" so if you don't vote don't complain about the next lot 

Think this might be my first foray into the politics section on here, mainly because I'm not really that interested in it.  I always vote but I probably put more thought into picking my Grand National horse tbf. This is probably the first year I still dont have a clue who I'm going to vote for.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

I believe it's called "horseshoe politics". 

Meanwhile, the actual shape of the political spectrum for several decades:

zg3HmkDKAKiYo9fTUG3DSe-320-80.jpg.f70745129c49cdc025618d0a0a1718dd.jpg

When in doubt, use the P&B politics test. Would Hard Left Government A allow the existence of the P&B forum? Absolutely fucking not. Would Hard Right Government B allow the existence of the P&B forum? Absolutely fucking not. 

Would mincing, thumb-twiddling Centrist Government C allow the existence of the P&B forum? Abso-fucking-lutely.

Thusly, if you didn’t vote for the SNP, Labour, Tories or any other of the doppelgänger centrist parties this year, then you are a counter-bovrilutionary.

2 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Anyhoo ... first time I've voted in around 10 years where I've felt that I was voting for the losing party.

Never mind m8, those Tories have proven bouncebackability.

47 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Think this might be my first foray into the politics section on here, mainly because I'm not really that interested in it.  I always vote but I probably put more thought into picking my Grand National horse tbf. This is probably the first year I still dont have a clue who I'm going to vote for.

Family Party m8, you know it makes sense.

As well as seeing the last of around 250 Tories tonight, we'll hopefully see the last of the likes of Supertanskii and Led by Donkeys.

2 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Anyhoo ... first time I've voted in around 10 years where I've felt that I was voting for the losing party.

In the fifty years I've voted, I've never once voted for the winning Westminster MP. This election will be the same. I have however managed to help a few councillors get in.  Good old P R.

21 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The Sun has endorsed Labour, a few responses.

The Sun used to boast for decades about never backing the losing party in a GE, they declare their "allegiance" (lol) on the day or the days before for that very reason ie they come down on the side of whoever the polls show to be ahead. It's pathetic. 

4 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Even if that massively exaggerated number were true, are you seriously suggesting it’s comparable to the Holocaust? 

It's not even compatible with Holodomor.  It was still absolutely terrible regardless of comparison.  Mass murder isn't a dick waving contest. 

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Just connected to being a fucking idiot. Don’t people realise they might actually get what they vote for?

Granny didn't