General Election 2024

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Btw while we're talking exit poll scepticism - my eyebrow rises even more with this prediction of Reform on 13 and Greens on 4... I can see both getting a few but those just seem to defy sense?

Greens are only 2 - Brighton Pavilion (a hold) and Bristol Central which was their big target. Plaid Cymru are on 4 though.

Paul Hutcheon of the Daily Record has a Tory source saying the suggestion they'll make any Scottish  gains is nonsense, but that could always be expectations management.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe or maybe not, not all the details are available yet, but the blowback has been monumental.  I don’t accept stupidity as a plea in mitigation.

Do you accept evidence tents in the garden 

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

See you'd have thought having only been in the job two months that no matter what happens today, Swinney will still be the leader come the 2026 Holyrood election. If the exit polls accirate though and it's genuinely the case that the Tories have won more Scottish seats than the SNP? That's surely far worse than the worst case scenario anyone in the SNP would have envisaged going into this election. He could genuinely be on a shoogly peg already if it's actually that terrible for them.

I think that would be mad. Who would replace him? Kate Forbes? That’s not going to steady the ship. Replacing the leader really isn’t going to do anything positive. 

On the BBC coverage John Curtice just made the point that the SNP haven’t come out and said aggressively that they think the exit poll is radically wrong. I think Swinney was campaigning in pretty solidly safe SNP seats over the last weekend before polling, suggesting they were in play.

I think they’ll win more seats but won’t be the biggest party in Scotland.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t hate Scotland. I voted ‘yes’ in Indy Ref 1, but that’s all I was in control of. My own X on a ballot paper - just like today. I didn’t hate Scotland when Thatcher was in Downing Street, I didn’t hate Scotland when Tony Blair’s ‘New Labour’ was in Downing Street, fcuk, I never even hated Scotland when the Rangers were voted into the league system wearing a Sevco jacket.

It isn’t healthy, calling an entire nation wallopers desperate to suckle any teet of the union. I suspect many will though. Will keep doing it unless independence happens. Which looks unlikely to ever happen now. Best shot was Indy Ref 1. Fucked if I’m going to greet’ into my cornflakes forever because the result wasn’t what I personally wanted. I’ll wake up tomorrow and get on with my life. It’s Starmer and Labour’s turn to make a kunt of it now, not Johnson and the Tories, or wee ‘Dishy Rishi’…. And, aye, the SNP have indeed managed to fcuk things up in quite glorious style.

Life goes on. It has to. Holyrood still has a lot of devolved power - fcuking use it more wisely please.

Well, until Labour's constitutional reforms at least...

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Well, Perth was always going to go Tory again eventually. Typical it’s with a border change and the oddballs in the fields getting a say. 

Genuinely disgusted by it.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Well, until Labour's constitutional reforms at least...

Aye, I might as well emigrate. Get out of this cunto country. My fellow citizens disgust me to the core by the way they use their vote.

Just now, ICTChris said:

I think that would be mad. Who would replace him? Kate Forbes? That’s not going to steady the ship. Replacing the leader really isn’t going to do anything positive. 

On the BBC coverage John Curtice just made the point that the SNP haven’t come out and said aggressively that they think the exit poll is radically wrong. I think Swinney was campaigning in pretty solidly safe SNP seats over the last weekend before polling, suggesting they were in play.

I think they’ll win more seats but won’t be the biggest party in Scotland.

Aye, I'm not saying it'd be a good idea to force him out already, but they could get into a panicked spiral from here if it's that's bad. Which I still doubt, though it's clearly going to be bad for them regardless.

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hate Scotland.

Bunch of utter fucking wallopers desperate to suckle any teet of the union whether it's Tory or Labour which are tantamount to the same thing these days with just a different badge.

Equally though, hard not to be seething with the SNP. They've managed to f**k things in quite glorious style.

This

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Apologies if already posted, but the Scottish exit poll projections: 

I’m amazed Aberdeen South is going conservative. Waiting for the results.

5 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Been down in Perthsire this week and all the farmer arseholes from Comrie to Perth have their Luke Graham boards littering their fields. c***s.

Absolutely mental given brexit and then the trade deals the Tories signed up to.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'm not sure imbezelment / fraud is ever borne of "malice" and it always stupid but that doesn't make it any less serious. Next you will be giving us the "victimless crime" line.

He lent them 100k and wanted some of his money back 

Stupidity is all it was