General Election 2024

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe this has been mentioned already but it has just occurred to me.  (People of a nervous disposition should not read the following.)

Hide contents

Ian Murray might well be the next Secretary of State for Scotland.

I wonder if Ian Murray will be mentioning Labour on his leaflets this time.  AIUI he's usually pretty quiet about that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe this has been mentioned already but it has just occurred to me.  (People of a nervous disposition should not read the following.)

Hide contents

Would be a bit upset if he left the Rovers.

On top of the Toaries getting rinsed it will be good to see Flynn plus plenty of the local troughers being emptied. The real action then kicks off behind the scenes trying to usurp the nodding dogs for a crack at some Holyrood troughing  

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

A cynic might say this was deliberately timed to cause further embarrassment.

I don’t think there would be anything cynical about such an observation.

23 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

A cynic might say this was deliberately timed to cause further embarrassment.

Nothing cynical in the least!

If there is to be a prosecution, it will be announced early in the week of the election.

If there's to be no prosecution, it will be announced early in the week after the election.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Hide contents

Haud oan. Surely if Labour are going to win 15-20 seats if not more in Scotland, they’ll have someone better than Murray to put into the cabinet? Is Douglas Alexander not running again? At least he has cabinet experience.

Just now, JS_FFC said:

Haud oan. Surely if Labour are going to win 15-20 seats if not more in Scotland, they’ll have someone better than Murray to put into the cabinet? Is Douglas Alexander not running again? At least he has cabinet experience.

If Murray doesn’t get the gig it will be a huge slap in the face.

Let’s hope he doesn’t get the gig.

If I wanted to avoid the risk of a 'Ted Crilly Lourdes fund' issue derailing an election campaign, then I would probably address the multiple red flags raised about this story over fucking years - instead of desperately trying to ignore it because the chief executive is the husband of the party leader. 

2 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

What a surprise, the day after an election is announced! 🤔

IMG_1615.jpeg

A Unionist might argue this news has been buried by the election being called, so it's worked out all too well for the SNP