General Election 2024

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

Just voted (SNP) only to be accosted by a spotty tw@t with a Labour rosette at gate saying "only a vote for Labour would protect the NHS".When I pointed out Labour run Wales had worst performing NHS in UK said spotty Tw@t shuffled off .

I’m a million miles away from being a Labour sympathiser but the SNP’s defence of anything to do with health up here is that they don’t get enough money from the Tories. Are Welsh Labour not allowed to use the same excuse?

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

I’m a million miles away from being a Labour sympathiser but the SNP’s defence of anything to do with health up here is that they don’t get enough money from the Tories. Are Welsh Labour not allowed to use the same excuse?

I think the point is that Labour up here have been campaigning on the idea "SNP bad / Labour will solve it" on the Scottish NHS (despite it being fucking devolved and nowt to do with the GE).

Labour wont give anyone more cash after the election, so Welsh Labour have been told to keep their traps shut about their NHS.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Both Governments can justifiably attack shrinking Westminster funding to block grants and the Tories mishandling of economy leading to soaring cost of living issues.However,within these confines the SNP run NHS is undeniably the best run,manned and financed NHS in a broken,corrupt and failed London centric UK .Only through Independence can we reach our full potential .

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I mean the Sun backed Labour in 1997, which was a far bigger story than any newspaper endorsement today and was only eight years after Hillsborough, and Labour won every constituency bar one in the whole Merseyside region, including every seat in Liverpool itself, most of them with 70% of the vote.

By 1997, the whole of Merseyside had pretty much had enough of the Tories.  There are still Tory voters about, though.  The campaign against that rag had been pretty successful.  Loads of folk just wanted Labour in.  This time, I think folk realise the paper is pretty much an irrelevance, even if they aren't too thrilled about any involvement with it 

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Well I suppose you can, but if you refuse to participate in the process then no one should pay attention to your whinging and complaining.

As a former colleague of mine used to say “if you’re not part of the solution then you’re part of the problem”.

You've kept your membership of the Black Panthers pretty quiet.

6 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Conservative Wipeout Bingo 2024: https://portillogeddon.com/

You cannot tell me guys by the name of “Lincoln Jopp” and “Horatio Lovering” have not been auto-created from a list of Oxbridge alumni to make up the candidate numbers.

3 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

As is your democratic right. But you forego the right to winge and complain about things.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Well I suppose you can, but if you refuse to participate in the process then no one should pay attention to your whinging and complaining.

As a former colleague of mine used to say “if you’re not part of the solution then you’re part of the problem”.

This is a favourite talking point of absolute morons. 

Sure, let’s just ignore the multitude of reasons why more people are becoming disillusioned with the choices available to them and say they have no right to complain about anything.

That’s much better than addressing the reasons why people are disillusioned!

Just now, The Master said:

Just voted. Managed to get in just before a small queue formed behind. 

It’s probably the most I’ve seen in a polling station, albeit it’s a low bar. 

Voter ID is bad enough but enforced limbo dancing is shocking.