General Election 2024

Just now, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Aye I think scotland will be a bit off what is predicted. An awful lot of heads gone on here before results have started coming through. 

I’m not seeing any heads gone.  I’m seeing a few folk question the likely accuracy of the exit poll.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

My parents both tactically voted Tory.

Basically I'm an orphan now.

I was so grateful when my parents said they didn’t vote Tory on their postal vote. Would hate to have to disown them.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I assume this exit poll has not taken account of the increased number of postal votes this election?

Only the ones returned in time.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hate Scotland.

Bunch of utter fucking wallopers desperate to suckle any teet of the union whether it's Tory or Labour which are tantamount to the same thing these days with just a different badge.

Equally though, hard not to be seething with the SNP. They've managed to f**k things in quite glorious style.

I don’t hate Scotland. I voted ‘yes’ in Indy Ref 1, but that’s all I was in control of. My own X on a ballot paper - just like today. I didn’t hate Scotland when Thatcher was in Downing Street, I didn’t hate Scotland when Tony Blair’s ‘New Labour’ was in Downing Street, fcuk, I never even hated Scotland when the Rangers were voted into the league system wearing a Sevco jacket.

It isn’t healthy, calling an entire nation wallopers desperate to suckle any teet of the union. I suspect many will though. Will keep doing it unless independence happens. Which looks unlikely to ever happen now. Best shot was Indy Ref 1. Fucked if I’m going to greet’ into my cornflakes forever because the result wasn’t what I personally wanted. I’ll wake up tomorrow and get on with my life. It’s Starmer and Labour’s turn to make a kunt of it now, not Johnson and the Tories, or wee ‘Dishy Rishi’…. And, aye, the SNP have indeed managed to fcuk things up in quite glorious style.

Life goes on. It has to. Holyrood still has a lot of devolved power - fcuking use it more wisely please.

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I assume this exit poll has not taken account of the increased number of postal votes this election?

No I think it’s just literally taken from voters outside polling stations. And given the school holidays I think it might be a wee bit out 

Just now, Binos said:

Am I f**k

Yes you are, you’re suggesting he’s done nothing illegal.  I don’t know if he has or not but the charges against him involve illegal acts.

Just now, Jambomo said:

I was so grateful when my parents said they didn’t vote Tory on their postal vote. Would hate to have to disown them.

I remember reading once over here that Fox News is a useful societal tool to help you not miss your boomer parents as much when they die. 

Just now, The Master said:

It’s possible if disaffected SNP voters from 2019 either went to Labour or the Lib Dems, or didn’t vote at all. 

I suspect many Scottish Tories will effectively get in by default. 

It's just struggling to see where that many seats could come from: their 4th target was East Lothian which will go Labour. By my reckoning they'd need several around Aberdeen, Ayr and Perth.

As much as I still voted for them, the SNP have backed themselves into a corner this time. You can’t offer the nuclear option of this being a mandate for independence for 3 elections in a row, do sweet f**k all to advance that, and then by the 4th election expect to not take the inevitable boabying.

Especially when going from an outgoing, well-spoken leader to one that most folk on the street probably have never heard speak.

Isn't it pretty clear what's going on here?  The people of England have had enough of the Tories and our voters have had enough of the SNP.  This is turning into a referendum on the the incumbents in Westminster and Holyrood in their respective countries and both are being given a bloody nose.   

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

My parents both tactically voted Tory.

Basically I'm an orphan now.

Worst tactics seen since Scotland’s continued use of five at the back.