General Election 2024 Predictions

General Election 2024 Predictions  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 04/07/24 at 21:00

28 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Ian Murray holds his seat of course they’ll be weighing his majority

Thats because he sooks up to the auld tory wifies in Morningside who "hold their noses" to vote for the p***k because they "couldnt possibly vote for Independence".

He actually sets up a stall in the Waitrose up there to chat to these people - who are about as far from "Labour" voters as you could get.

Sickens me tbqhwy, I think he is a w**k.

(and, yes he is my MP)

8 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Again, the article is dated 24/5/2023, exactly a year ago today. The information in it was relevant as at that date.

Ah, sorry thought it was 24/5/24. Plenty of stuff has happened since then though, so not sure how relevant it is today. Israel/Gaza, for one but also Kier Starmer flip flopping on several policy announcements and the likes of Dugdale saying that they'd end free prescriptions, free tuition etc isn't going to help their case in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:

There are going to be so many ex Tory MPs in 2 months, GBNews will need to start a GBN2 channel just to have space for them to all have their own shows.

If they all start watching GBNews it will double the audience.

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No im pretty sure Kirsten Hair was elected in Angus? 

oh wait did you mean another tory boot?

It was Douglas Ross that Angus Robertson lost to in 2017. Alex Salmond lost to Colin Clark. 

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Thats because he sooks up to the auld tory wifies in Morningside who "hold their noses" to vote for the p***k because they "couldnt possibly vote for Independence".

He actually sets up a stall in the Waitrose up there to chat to these people - who are about as far from "Labour" voters as you could get.

Sickens me tbqhwy, I think he is a w**k.

(and, yes he is my MP)

He benefits from non-Scots Edinburgh Uni students who vote in his constituency, consider themselves typically studenty lefty, but would vote for a Labour Party led by Oswald Mosley before they'd ever vote SNP. Similar number of well-heeled students who will vote Lib Dem and maintain that's a "lefty" option.

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

He benefits from non-Scots Edinburgh Uni students who vote in his constituency, consider themselves typically studenty lefty, but would vote for a Labour Party led by Oswald Mosley before they'd ever vote SNP. Similar number of well-heeled students who will vote Lib Dem and maintain that's a "lefty" option.

I doubt that the English students in Marchmont are bothering voting in Edin South.

If they vote at all, it will be in mummy and daddys constituency, yah ?

In all seriousness, my son is a first year at Glasgow - and I doubt if him or any of his friends are even going to bother. Apathy seems fairly common among students these days.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Again, the article is dated 24/5/2023, exactly a year ago today. The information in it was relevant as at that date.

Wrong link by me. There's a more up to date poll than the May 13-17 one.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Its looking increasingly likely that the SNP are going to get a foot up the erse from voters in the GE, and that will give Labour far more seats than they have at the moment.

Not sure it will be quite as many as Starmer thinks, but that is not important - he will get enough in England and Wales to get a huge majority without us.

What really worries me is that Starmer doesnt understand that a decent chunk (last poll I saw was 40%) of Labour voters actually support Independence.

I suspect that he will get in by a landslide, people in Scotland will give Labour a decent number of seats, and use that as a mandate to attempt to water down devolved powers up here. 

44 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Its looking increasingly likely that the SNP are going to get a foot up the erse from voters in the GE, and that will give Labour far more seats than they have at the moment.

Not sure it will be quite as many as Starmer thinks, but that is not important - he will get enough in England and Wales to get a huge majority without us.

What really worries me is that Starmer doesnt understand that a decent chunk (last poll I saw was 40%) of Labour voters actually support Independence.

I suspect that he will get in by a landslide, people in Scotland will give Labour a decent number of seats, and use that as a mandate to attempt to water down devolved powers up here. 

He might, and SLab will probably be in his ear trying to persuade him to do so, but I'm not sure he gives enough of a shit about them or Scotland in general to bother his arse. He's going to have plenty of fires to be fighting in the homeland without bothering too much about us, and (considering seats in Scotland could have more importance in five years' time) his best strategy might be masterly inactivity to avoid scaring the natives.

Think the Lib Dems will do far better than my initial prediction. I underestimated how many seats there are in England where they don't even need to increase their own share of the vote and can just win because the Tories have gone so far backwards.

Also underestimated how poorly the SNP are polling just now.

Labour - 348 (Overall majority of 46)

Tories - 207

Lib Dems - 47

SNP - 21

Northern Irish Parties - 18

Plaid - 4

Greens - 2 

Others - 3 (Corbyn, Galloway and the speaker)

Surely to f**k Galloway's not going to hold Rochdale.

I appreciate there will be much funnier results on the night, but Gorgeous George being back on the broo within six months would be the cherry on the cake.

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Surely to f**k Galloway's not going to hold Rochdale.

I appreciate there will be much funnier results on the night, but Gorgeous George being back on the broo within six months would be the cherry on the cake.

Think I read that they did well in the local elections recently because the Workers Party are hoovering up votes in certain local communities in that part of the world. 

Posted (edited)

Think the Sunak ship is not so much sinking as sunk. Can see them being absolutely battered in England

Labour 347

Tory       198 (they will fall below 200MPs)

Lib Dem 48

SNP         31

Nth Ireland - 18 - pass on breaking that down

Plaid     4

Green 1

The Corbyn Abbott Alliance 2 (think Diane will tell Keir to get stuffed and stand as an Independent on platform with Corbyn).

Speaker  1

And Galloway to get the boot in the pie he duly deserves.

Edited by MEADOWXI

I did a prediction on the FT's election model

image.png.46dac4427ef3898e33bb15c9d2ff1410.png

Overall result from my prediction

Labour - 410 seats (40%)

Conservatives - 165 seats (25%)

Liberal Democrats - 34 seats (12%)

SNP - 19 seats (31%)

Plaid Cymru - 2 seats (15%)

Greens - 1 seat (7%)

Labour majority of 172.

Link to the FT Predictor here - https://ig.ft.com/uk-general-election/2024/projection/?constituency=E14001172

28 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Think the Sunak ship is not so much sinking as sunk. Can see them being absolutely battered in England

Labour 347

Tory       198 (they will fall below 200MPs)

Lib Dem 48

SNP         31

Nth Ireland - 18 - pass on breaking that down

Plaid     4

Green 1

The Corbyn Abbott Alliance 2 (think Diane will tell Keir to get stuffed and stand as an Independent on platform with Corbyn).

Speaker  1

And Galloway to get the boot in the pie he duly deserves.

I’ll be astounded if the Lib Dems get 48 seats*.  If they do they will be intolerable.

* that statement could, of course, come back to bite me.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think I probably put the SNP too low and the Lib Dems too high.  Will revisit.

Labour shooting themselves in the foot today may turn out to be harmful if the fuss about it drags on.