Major election gaffes 2024

6 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Tories teasing policy announcements like Scottish Championship clubs teasing a deadline day loan signing 

Was that the pensioner tax thing?

As I understand it the "honest we're not desperate for votes" Tories will say that state pensioners will therefore have a higher personal allowance than "workers" - is that right? 

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Was that the pensioner tax thing?

As I understand it the "honest we're not desperate for votes" Tories will say that state pensioners will therefore have a higher personal allowance than "workers" - is that right? 

Yes. They are bringing in age related allowances. They don't  mention that they removed a few years ago.  

I don't  think many will rejoice at this 'tax cut'.  It seems a very desperate move.

23 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Are the Tories just going to come up with any old shite and Tweet it out at 10.30pm every night?

I hope so. 

They're already out of ideas so by week 4 it would be "More corpses for zombies" or some shite like that. 

44 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Are the Tories just going to come up with any old shite and Tweet it out at 10.30pm every night?

Be fair, my pals and I come up with some great ideas late at night. I mean yes, that might be after about six pints, and sometimes we can't remember those ideas in the morning, but don't rule out the process...

Posted (edited)

By my reckoning, that 2.5% increase in the pensioner tax free allowance will save just under £64 a year for a pensioner that pays tax at the basic rate. 

Not only is it a totally dumb idea, it's also a totally shite one in practice. Who'd have thought it, eh?

Edited by Michael W

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Sneaky fuckers.

However given the choice between Bowie and, oh let's say, bamboo under the fingernails, let me help you get the bamboo.

Screenshot_20240528_100021_Guardian.jpg

They've been doing this for years, at least since the RUTH DAVIDSON's Conservative and Unionist PARTY days. The party of unionism loves to pretend that the branch office is an independent entity when it suits. They've been using that "only we can beat the SNP here!" bar chart for at least fifteen years too.

If it's anything like the ones we get, the back will just be a context-free photo collage of their candidate with other people, demonstrating how hugely popular they are and maybe you should vote for them too? No policies except "SNP BAD" and "No to divisive wildcat".

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Given the state of the rivers and seas, maybe it's a cunning plan... he's saying that he's as prepared to wade about in the Westminster keech as anyone else.

Edit... (cue Kenneth)... I hope he didn't swallow...

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

What an absolute twàt, with absolute twàt advisors.

This is exactly the kind of event you don’t participate in during an election campaign; the chances of making an arse of yourself are enormous.

Unless you’d do ANYTHING for a mention by the MSM of course…

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Imagine there was a Prime Minister or leading politician who was absolutely brilliant at football.  It'd just be a bit odd wouldn't it?

Blair always showed up quite well in football photo ops.

Anyway, here's another Sunak one.

Edited by Darren

13 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Tories teasing policy announcements like Scottish Championship clubs teasing a deadline day loan signing 

"Keir Starmer spotted at St James' Park Station. Could he be about to sign for the Tories?"

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

:lol: 

I like stuff like this, I think it's quite endearing.

Yeah, the public love this stuff, which is why Boris Johnson went so far as to fake them. I always look forward to the first Willie Rennie photo opp of the campaign.