Major election gaffes 2024

5 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Richard Vernon (who was only 38 when this was filmed!)

0a1f8f0c689b144622ae537e7c46faa2.jpg

Christ, he must have had a tough paper round as a kid!

Wee Rishi ‘despondent’ over how he’s being treated over the D-Day f**k up and has retreated into himself.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rishi-sunak-prime-minister-d-day-general-election-b2559192.html

Mind you not nearly as despondent as the folk who have had to suffer 14 years of Tory f**k ups.

Entitled little p***k.

To Rishi Sunak:

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of a storm
There's a golden sky
And a sweet silver song of a lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
For your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on! Walk on! With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

To Rishi Sunak:

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of a storm
There's a golden sky
And a sweet silver song of a lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
For your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on! Walk on! With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

At the end of Rishi’s storm there’s a highly paid job at a hedge fund.  The rest of us aren’t so lucky.

Here we’ve got the Tory candidate for Gove’s old seat claiming to have moved into the area. In the comments below he’s been called out because his “new house” is in fact just an AirBNB. 

On 07/06/2024 at 20:08, carpetmonster said:

I’ll post the headline given the URL cuts off before it gets to the descriptive bit, but I’m not sure of ‘what time’ he’s meaning. Maybe 1974. In Jimmy Savile’s house. 

IMG_4129.thumb.jpeg.91216ea124bb22da90f728b2b897d262.jpeg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-election-candidate-quits-after-32984139

It seems like every generation thinks that the sexualisation of kids is something from the past, only to later discover that it was still going on in areas they weren't aware of. The mid-Aughts would be around the time that the Daily Heil was making good money from paedophiles (sorry, ephebophiles - they get most offended by that) on their website with the search term "all grown up", used to find hundreds of pictures they'd bought of young teenagers wearing very little.

12 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Not sure if this is gaffe or the Reform candidate having a single digit IQ.

This is what happens when you start with a pretext and extrapolate everything that happens in the world from it.

I don't really know what you do with people who've just decided that they really, really want something to be true and will not be dissuaded by "evidence" or "experts", but there are millions of them now and they'll be running the country soon enough.

21 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

20240609_103302.jpg.ed9382d20a1349c56785d9b81ad4dbbc.jpg

When I looked at that headline I immediately thought he'd not declared some petrol money expenses from the SFA, and thought 'so what'. But no, reading the article it would seem it's a lot more than that.

The revelations have come to light after Ross ousted Duguid to stand in the new Aberdeenshire North and Moray East constituency.

He must have p*ssed off someone in the party lol.

5 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Fucking shocked that a dirty wee toerag like DRoss might not be popular among his own.

Live by the sword, etc.

On 07/06/2024 at 15:05, houston_bud said:

I can't remember anything like it. Gordon Brown's 'bigoted woman' comment was pretty bad, although lots of people agreed with the comment. Sunak has finally united the country. 

The guy is just very bad at politics. Over promoted in a ridiculously short space of time and every time he opens his mouth we can see that. A no mark MP, who was propelled to the front line due to Johnson wanting nodding dogs in his cabinet, somehow winds up as PM. Useless.

A lot of Tories are crap at interviews because a fawning press gives them such an easy time.  Similarly Farage.  These people really struggle with any serious challenging questions.

34 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

When I looked at that headline I immediately thought he'd not declared some petrol money expenses from the SFA, and thought 'so what'. But no, reading the article it would seem it's a lot more than that.

What’s the gist of the DRoss story?

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What’s the gist of the DRoss story?

He's been routinely charging the taxpayer for expenses related to his other job(s). Seems like it's something the party knew about and had been hoping would stay private.

The quotes from "party insiders" make it seem very likely that people have leaked it to the press out of anger that he's a duplicitous wee snake who screwed over someone they liked in order to get himself another job in Moray.