British Values

1) Demanding that x or y which someone else has and you don't have shouldn't be allowed, whilst simultaneously pulling up the ladder from others in an unrelated area. 

2) Demanding that you be granted an exception/exemption from some requirement because of spurious reasons.

3) A hell-bent desire to try and circumvent the rules.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

That is some helping of word salad there.

Pretty disgusting that the site editors allow all that drivel to remain, but whenever I try to add a page listing my achievements it gets "nominated for deletion" within minutes. ☹️

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

19 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Pretty disgusting that the site editors allow all that drivel to remain, but whenever I try to add a page listing my achievements it gets "nominated for deletion" within minutes. ☹️

Clyde fan m9, that stigma spreads far & wide.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That is some helping of word salad there.

For some reason I decided to skim read that.  At one point key elements are listed as - "the rule of law - individual liberty - democracy - mutual respect, tolerance and understanding of different faiths and beliefs".  A list that I suspect most people could broadly get behind, whilst debating what the headings really mean in practice.

But in what sense are any of these values particular to Britain?  And it doesn't take much of an effort to look at the track record of the Tories and Reform and wonder how successful they have been in living up to these values.

Inverse relationship between how much money you have, and how large the family TV set is.

Giant see-through clocks.

"words" on the wall to remind the hard of thinking which room they are standing in, "Eat" in the kitchen, presumably "Shite" in the loo, etc 

Being British exempts you from being a bellend thus allowing you to go abroad in fake stone island shorts, full of local hooch and growling at sleepy middle aged locals with a swagger that looks as though you are carrying invisible televisions under each arm. Luve ma cuntry. 

7 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Marbella 

Puregym 

Chelmsford

Wayne Lineker 

We didn't start the fire, It was always burning, since the world's been turning..

'British values' is an entirely nebulous concept that will no doubt be used to stomp on individuals and groups with whom the person speaking dislikes.