Group F 🇹🇷🇬🇪🇵🇹🇨🇿

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Thought the second foul was a yellow but the first absolutely wasn't. Probably killed this as a contest, unfortunately. 

The first one absolutely was a yellow card and if he didn't want one he shouldn't have tried to pull the player's shirt off. The rules on that shouldn't change depending on the time within the match or location on the park - it's not a genuine attempt to win the ball. 

The second booking is a bit harsh but he's already on a booking and could have adjusted to that reality. 

Just now, Leith Green said:

.....and yet we scooshed qualification.

Ignore them. Been having a slow meltdown over the past week of any slight criticism of the way Scotland stank the place out.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I thought it was tbh. He tucked the boy back and was a bit rough but 15 minutes or so in I don't think it warranted a yellow. Talking would have sufficed. 

Talking about what exactly? 

'See that blatant, cynical foul you did there, I might have to actually apply the rules if you do it again.'

So either giving everyone on the park a free pass to do the same whenever a promising attack occurs, or being inconsistent. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought it was tbh. He tucked the boy back and was a bit rough but 15 minutes or so in I don't think it warranted a yellow. Talking would have sufficed. 

He kicked him, then pulled him (and never let go) then kicked him again. The pulling alone is a booking.

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

And utterly bombed when under pressure in a finals? Gutless.

I don't know if it was gutless, I just think we were found out when we lost a couple players.

Edited by Leith Green

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I don't know if it was gutless, I just think we were found out when we lost a couple players.

A distinct lack of passion and desire. When Robertson admitted they were feart of Germany, that told me they had not heart for this tournament.

Edited by Highlandmagar

6 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

The Catastrophising "thur just no feart tae have a guid go like!!!!" merchants ignoring that Mikautadze and Kvartshkelia are miles better than any attacking players we've had in 40 odd years. 

I was waiting for the first person to attempt to say that actually Georgia are better than us, as a defence of Clarke 😂

1 minute ago, Highlandmagar said:

A distinct lack of passion and desire. When Robertson admitted they were feart of Germany, that told me they had not heart for this tournament.

This seems like a great soundbite, but in reality it means nothing. As soon as we started trying to increase the level of attackingness against Hungary they picked us off for fun.

The harsh truth is we had a serious lack of attacking prowess at our disposal meaning our best chance was to try keep it tight and nick something.