Early 2024/25 predictions

19 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Love how a wee Airdrie fan is looking forward to see us play.

Looking forward was probably the wrong choice of words. Intrigued is probably more appropriate. Morton could have gotten football cancelled last season so any change in your ‘style’ is a welcomed shot in the arm.

Now that the competitive fixtures are underway, it's probably the best time to start predicting what is going to happen.

From a Pars perspective, our starting XI is good and you could argue should challenge for top 4. KRH, Kane, Wotherspoon, Otto, Hamilton, all fantastic players at this level. However, we have next to no depth and we will struggle when the inevitable injuries come around. Todd is already injured for a few months. We are also relying on a total bomb-scare as our main goalkeeper without a back up being signed.

Based on that, I predict...

Partick Thistle

Raith Rovers 

Ayr United

Livingston

Falkirk

Dunfermline Athletic

Airdrie

Queens Park

Hamilton Academical

Greenock Morton 

On 13/07/2024 at 13:35, Diamond1924 said:

Looking forward was probably the wrong choice of words. Intrigued is probably more appropriate. Morton could have gotten football cancelled last season so any change in your ‘style’ is a welcomed shot in the arm.

Glad you care so much about another team.

On 28/05/2024 at 10:18, itzdrk said:
  1. Raith Rovers
  2. Partick Thistle
  3. Ayr United
  4. Livingston
  5. Queen’s Park
  6. Falkirk
  7. Dunfermline Athletic
  8. Airdrieonians
  9. Hamilton Academical
  10. Greenock Morton

Vibes

Vibe check

1. Partick Thistle

2. Raith Rovers

3. Livingston

4. Ayr United

5. Airdrieonians

6. Falkirk

7. Hamilton Academical

8. Greenock Morton

9. Queens Park

10.  Dunfermline 

On 17/07/2024 at 21:44, itzdrk said:

Vibe check

1. Partick Thistle

2. Raith Rovers

3. Livingston

4. Ayr United

5. Airdrieonians

6. Falkirk

7. Hamilton Academical

8. Greenock Morton

9. Queens Park

10.  Dunfermline 

Moved down 4 in the vibes table 😞

I think this season might be the hardest to call in a few years as there's not much between many of the sides and injuries, suspensions and luck will play a huge part. With that caveat, here goes.

1. Raith Rovers. Plenty of players who were part of the side that did so well last year and some decent additions. I don't think they'll get as many late results as last season but I think they'll nick it.

2. Partick Thistle. Decent squad depth especially in midfield plus Brian Graham's goals. Might hit a sticky patch if BBG gets injured as the drop of in quality is an issue.

3. Ayr United. Recruited well and of all the sides who were much of a muchness last year I think we've improved the most. Will look to play out from the back but, as the Falkirk game showed, can go long if pressed. Look out for Marco Rus.

4. Livingston. Not the best side to drop down in recent years but will have enough about them not to sink.

5. Falkirk. I think the next 3 sides will be close but as they have the most settled side I think they'll pick up enough early points to nick 5th.

6. Airdrie. Seemed to be doom and gloom a few weeks ago but look to have recruited well enough. Will stick to their play out from the back approach so can be picked off 

7. Morton. Big turnover of players means they're likely to make their habitually poor start but Imrie has shown before that he can build a solid side.

8. Queens Park. Losing Paton is an issue and I don't see Rudden contributing as many goals. How long can Dom Thomas keep digging them out?

9. Dunfermline. Recruitment has been poor and McPake has been getting his excuses in early. I suspect they can't afford to sack him. Now that ICT have gone I think they just pip Queens Park as the worst run club in the league. I think they'll just pip Accies.

10. Hamilton Accies. Don't think they'll be pushovers and made a couple of decent signings. The step up might be too much as everyone bar QP and Dunfermline could be better than last season.

Completely prepared to be massively wrong on what looks to be a really interesting season.

Edited by edinburghhonestman

1. Partick thistle 

2. Livi 

3. Raith 

4. Ayr 

5. Falkirk 

6. Airdrie 

7. Queen’s Park 

8. Hamilton 

9. Morton 

10. Dunfermline 

Such a difficult league to predict this season. General consensus on the top 4 seems to be pretty apparent but from 5-10, it’s anyone’s guess tbh. 

Would be easy and incredibly justified to have ourselves out at 10th but I’m blindly hoping our next 3-4 signings are going to stabilise the squad in terms of quality and some appropriate depth. As it stands, our centre back options are horrifying 

Dunfermline to me just seem like a team this season that may struggle the most. At this stage with QP, there’s almost a promise from Davidson that signings are incoming which may change our fortunes whereas at Dunfermline there I get the vibe that nothing major will happen from this point in terms of recruitment to what is an average/below average squad? I like Kane up top but he’s never been prolific and fully fit across an entire season therefore I’m not seeing where many goals are actually coming from. Don’t rate Mcpake as a manager either 

There’s other factors that will majorly impact other teams. Will oli shaw do the business for Hamilton ? Will Ben Wilson score goals at championship level for airdrie, same goes for Davies at Morton. A couple of unknown quantities alongside guys looking to rebuild their careers taking on the mantle for these teams so there is an element of risk. Should be exciting though! 

Edited by qpfc

On 28/05/2024 at 12:16, Jives Miguel said:

1. Partick
2. Raith
3. Falkirk
4. Ayr
5. Dunfermline
6. Hamilton
7. Airdrie
8. Livingston
9. Queen's Park
10. Morton

changing the above to:

1. Livingston
2. Partick
3. Raith
4. Ayr
5. Falkirk
6. Airdrie
7. Hamilton
8. Queen's Park
9. Dunfermline
10. Morton

Can see the top 3 and bottom 3 being set adrift from the riff-raff in midtable tbh.

On 15/07/2024 at 13:27, DAFC. said:

Now that the competitive fixtures are underway, it's probably the best time to start predicting what is going to happen.

From a Pars perspective, our starting XI is good and you could argue should challenge for top 4. KRH, Kane, Wotherspoon, Otto, Hamilton, all fantastic players at this level. However, we have next to no depth and we will struggle when the inevitable injuries come around. Todd is already injured for a few months. We are also relying on a total bomb-scare as our main goalkeeper without a back up being signed.

Based on that, I predict...

Partick Thistle

Raith Rovers 

Ayr United

Livingston

Falkirk

Dunfermline Athletic

Airdrie

Queens Park

Hamilton Academical

Greenock Morton 

I'd like to swap us to 9th place now and bump every other team up. Us and Morton to be jobbying it out IMO. We'll probably finish tenth but I am saying ninth now just in hope. We are a complete fucking mess just now, haven't got anywhere near enough players, and the players we have, in the most part, are pish and/or injury prone. This season could be just as hilarious as the Peter Grant/Yogi debacle. 

On 30/05/2024 at 21:46, LiviLion said:

Will definitely change my mind on this before the season actually starts, and will most likely manage to be closer first time round. 

1. Raith

2. Livingston 

3. Partick Thistle

4. Falkirk

5. Dunfermline

6. Airdrie

7. Ayr United

8. Morton

9. Hamilton

10. Queens Park

With some semi-competitive football to inform me, this is my updated go which will be even more wrong:

1. Partick Thistle

2. Raith Rovers

3. Ayr United

4. Livingston

5. Airdrieonians

6. Falkirk

7. Queens Park

8. Hamilton

9. Dunfermline

10. Morton

Edited by LiviLion

On 07/07/2024 at 16:13, Cowshed said: