League Cup Group A - Dandies, Diamonds, Doonhamers, Sons & EK

10 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

🤣 ... priceless!

You can just imagine the HT team talk ... for christ's sake lads just keep it tight now before this gets any more embarrassing ... that right, aye?

Half our goals are from them trying to get cute at the back and getting burned. Live and learn f**k all seems to be the Kennedy management way.

Airdrie haven't scored for the past 10 minutes ... serious questions need to be asked of McCabe here guys ...

1 minute ago, Daddy Cheeze said:

Half our goals are from them trying to get cute at the back and getting burned. Live and learn f**k all seems to be the Kennedy management way.

Odds on him in the post-game interview going "Eight goals down and the boys were still passing out from the back playing football the right way and still being brave in possession and that matters more to me than the scoreline"

36 minutes ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

Odds on him in the post-game interview going "Eight goals down and the boys were still passing out from the back playing football the right way and still being brave in possession and that matters more to me than the scoreline"

I think you’d call that “After 8 mince”.

Well that will hopefully calm the knickerwetters down and keep the doom mongers away for a week. 

Dumbarton are closer to what we'll be facing each week (granted nearer the bottom, I think it would be fair to say) and I thought we were comfortable winners tonight. There were a couple of scares in the first half with crosses (which always gives QoS fans the fear) but other than that we were comfortable at the back. Obviously Ruth was missing and he'd have likely given us a tougher time. 

A well worked goal for us and we really should have had more than 2. A combination of shooting instead of passing/lack of composure/last ditch defending prevented it from being more but I'm happy we're creating chances. I'm also happy Murphy is still trying to figure out where best to play players. I thought McKechnie was poor in the first half but was far better when he was played through the middle. I actually thought him and McIntosh linked up well at times. 

McIntyre was back to his best and Dickenson was fine at CB tonight but it's obviously still our weakest area. Hopefully get an update soon on Brydon. 

The biggest frustration for me tonight was when we reverted to being slow in the build up. When we got it down and played it quickly it's then that we cut Dumbarton open. More of that intensity more often please. 

Pleased with tonight overall. Much better second half. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well that will hopefully calm the knickerwetters down and keep the doom mongers away for a week. 

Dumbarton are closer to what we'll be facing each week (granted nearer the bottom, I think it would be fair to say) and I thought we were comfortable winners tonight. There were a couple of scares in the first half with crosses (which always gives QoS fans the fear) but other than that we were comfortable at the back. Obviously Ruth was missing and he'd have likely given us a tougher time. 

A well worked goal for us and we really should have had more than 2. A combination of shooting instead of passing/lack of composure/last ditch defending prevented it from being more but I'm happy we're creating chances. I'm also happy Murphy is still trying to figure out where best to play players. I thought McKechnie was poor in the first half but was far better when he was played through the middle. I actually thought him and McIntosh linked up well at times. 

McIntyre was back to his best and Dickenson was fine at CB tonight but it's obviously still our weakest area. Hopefully get an update soon on Brydon. 

The biggest frustration for me tonight was when we reverted to being slow in the build up. When we got it down and played it quickly it's then that we cut Dumbarton open. More of that intensity more often please. 

Pleased with tonight overall. Much better second half. 

To be fair, I wouldn’t be basing too much on that tonight. That was a proper pre season starting 11 from us, including our backup goalkeeper who has only started one competitve game for us before tonight (an end of season deid rubber before the playoffs), and is purely filling a jersey as the cheapest option possible. I wish the manager would tell the support this is the the plan before they travel to these cup games.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

To be fair, I wouldn’t be basing too much on that tonight. That was a proper pre season starting 11 from us, including our backup goalkeeper who has only started one competitve game for us before tonight (an end of season deid rubber before the playoffs), and is purely filling a jersey as the cheapest option possible. I wish the manager would tell the support this is the the plan before they travel to these cup games.

It wasn't a reflection on Dumbarton. A weaker Dumbarton 11 is still closer to what we'll be facing compared to Aberdeen's starting 11. But getting beat 3-0 by the latter was the end of the world for some folk the other night. My point remains the same tbh. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It wasn't a reflection on Dumbarton. A weaker Dumbarton 11 is still closer to what we'll be facing compared to Aberdeen's starting 11. But getting beat 3-0 by the latter was the end of the world for some folk the other night. My point remains the same tbh. 

Give it up mate just enjoy the win. Was working so not there. Glad we won. Let’s see where we are end August. Hopefully gelling and in a good league position by then. 

9 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

I've only seen Scottish football United twice. Once to defend Sam North and tonight to laugh at East Kilbride. Well done Airdrie 

Are we all united in our condemnation of Airdrie for not scoring again after the 53rd minute? 

4 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Give it up mate just enjoy the win. Was working so not there. Glad we won. Let’s see where we are end August. Hopefully gelling and in a good league position by then. 

I'll say it again - you supported our shittest ever manager to the absolute death so you're negativity on our latest one is just bizarre. You're either Northfield MKII or you're related to Bartley. 

The only ones needing to "give it up" are folk over analysing friendly matches. 

2 hours ago, Daddy Cheeze said:

7 (seven). Wahey!!!

EK are their own worst enemy.

Make that 8(eight).

Some laugh.

Posted immediately after the seventh, and not even an edit.

Superb.

That's how tactically kamikaze they were all game. You would think at half time and being six nil down even a semi competent manager would think 'mibbes this isn't the style to play today'  but nope, another two rapid fire gifts in the time it takes to type a two line comment. That's the Kennedy commitment to banter right there.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Airdrie haven't scored for the past 10 minutes ... serious questions need to be asked of McCabe here guys ...

Quintuple substitutions have a tendency to knocking the team out of their stride and perhaps losing momentum. 

Screenshot_20240716-230832.thumb.png.dcc4e9fb2d09574edd1708b811668b60.png