LEZ - WHAT YOU THINKING?

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

John Beattie mentioned this on Radio Scotland. Councils have to raise money for their pensions. 

Councils don't pay for pensions out of revenue budgets they have pension investment funds.

Employee contribution pensions are wages deferred.

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that these are the London congestion charge.

They are about improving air quality in high traffic (vehicular and pedestrian) areas which is why the vehicle emissions are the relevant factor and its not a blanket city entry charge.

37 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Van is euro 6 where you pour sheep piss in, car is an EV & Lambrettas are vintage!

cngaf👍

Man Person made sheep/ pig piss

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Edinburgh council should look into introducing a congestion charge for people coming into the city at peak times from other council areas. 

When Edinburgh's stats were at Covid Level 2 they kept our pubs shut because of people coming in from the Level 4 plague pit that was West Lothian. East Lothian's pubs were open.. 

West Lothian owe us... 

55 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Van is euro 6 where you pour sheep piss in, car is an EV & Lambrettas are vintage!

cngaf👍

I'm in the same boat, van is new and car is classic, if it reduces traffic in the town then brilliant but it won't as 99% of vehicles in town are twats in Range Rovers.

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Councils don't pay for pensions out of revenue budgets they have pension investment funds.

Employee contribution pensions are wages deferred.

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that these are the London congestion charge.

They are about improving air quality in high traffic (vehicular and pedestrian) areas which is why the vehicle emissions are the relevant factor and its not a blanket city entry charge.

It was something that I heard or thought I heard on the radio, I might have picked him up wrong but I don't think I did.

If they want to tackle the pollution problem they have to take the zone right out to Corstorphine, out to Queensferry Rd and also down to Ferry Rd and on to Seafield Rd. The zone they have is tiny.

53 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It was something that I heard or thought I heard on the radio, I might have picked him up wrong but I don't think I did.

If they want to tackle the pollution problem they have to take the zone right out to Corstorphine, out to Queensferry Rd and also down to Ferry Rd and on to Seafield Rd. The zone they have is tiny.

Tbf when I first heard about it, that's the area I assumed it would be. Looks like they didn't want to stop the Range Rovers around Stockbridge from all going to the Grange for the cricket though

Edinburgh council yesterday voted to ban fuel cars, foreign holidays, air travel and cruises from advertising on billboards, bus stops, etc. in the city - they decided to allow the depiction of meat to continue, for now at least.

This is to boost their drive for the capital to reach zero by 2030.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Edinburgh council yesterday voted to ban fuel cars, foreign holidays, air travel and cruises from advertising on billboards, bus stops, etc. in the city - they decided to allow the depiction of meat to continue, for now at least.

This is to boost their drive for the capital to reach zero by 2030.

Is this a whoosh or have they actually banned the advertising of holidays? 😂

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Is this a whoosh or have they actually banned the advertising of holidays? 😂

"Exotic" holidays... seemingly non-UK, or maybe non-EU... regardless it definitely includes all air travel (and airports) so your typical ad for a package holiday presumably falls foul on that count.

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

"Exotic" holidays... seemingly non-UK, or maybe non-EU... regardless it definitely includes all air travel (and airports) so your typical ad for a package holiday presumably falls foul on that count.

That's mental.

Even more so when you consider these decisions will be made by people who almost certainly will go on multiple "exotic" holidays per year.