What a wretched experience New Meadowbank is.

Thankfully the rain held off until after the game. No pies on sale (surely should be part of a bronze license). Instead some below-average, expensive burgers which I'm certain were not being kept (or even served) above 63ºC, or a wee poke of chips for £4. They also positioned the van so that the queue couldn't see the game, which wouldn't have been too difficult. Instead at half time you had to choose between getting some food/drink or having a slash, as there were (as far as I could tell) only two portaloos for hundreds of Thistle fans. Again (and seriously this time) surely there should be a minimum ratio of toilets to fans to get a license.

There was a corner flag missing as well. They must have a few kicking about that place. I don't want the match replayed, but are corner flags not a requirement for a game to go ahead? Quite tinpot regardless.

The garden out front is quite nice. I'll give them that.

Anyway, biggest away win since Berwick in '95, so happy overall. I briefly lived around that way so good to revisit some old haunts. Though I am as shocked as @tamthebam would have been that the new building opposite the stadium is luxury student accommodation.

Actually had a good day out. Decided to get a seat and grabbed one down towards where the camera(s) were located and it was an okay view. Also just behind there were some decent loos which were part of the main building.

The Edinburgh Ultras kept at it till near the end.

After the game there was a bunch of them walking then running up the pavement being chased by 5 of their Thistle equivalent. This was a wee bit after the game as a few folk had gone to the pub we stopped at before the match rather than where the boss stopped as some folk made their way to the ground.

Pre-match was The Hoppy which apparently featured in Baby Reindeer as a location. Bar staff did their best to keep a pub full of Thistle fans quenched and even handed out plates of a variety of mini-pies. 

So yeah, a better experience than I was thinking and it was nice the rain held off until after the match.

Good luck to City this season but they'll need a large slice of it and a few more players to avoid being bottom of the pile, from what I saw yesterday.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

Looked like a deserved win for Motherwell and the Clyde keeper had to save a few and a few chances fluffed.

Clyde seemed to put in a decent effort though and seems to be a good atmosphere among the players who kept going and didn't seem to let their heads go down.

Could be a good game at Firhill on Tuesday, seasoned with a liberal sprinkilng of McCall spice.

6 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

What a wretched experience New Meadowbank is.

Thankfully the rain held off until after the game. No pies on sale (surely should be part of a bronze license). Instead some below-average, expensive burgers which I'm certain were not being kept (or even served) above 63ºC, or a wee poke of chips for £4. They also positioned the van so that the queue couldn't see the game, which wouldn't have been too difficult. Instead at half time you had to choose between getting some food/drink or having a slash, as there were (as far as I could tell) only two portaloos for hundreds of Thistle fans. Again (and seriously this time) surely there should be a minimum ratio of toilets to fans to get a license.

There was a corner flag missing as well. They must have a few kicking about that place. I don't want the match replayed, but are corner flags not a requirement for a game to go ahead? Quite tinpot regardless.

The garden out front is quite nice. I'll give them that.

Anyway, biggest away win since Berwick in '95, so happy overall. I briefly lived around that way so good to revisit some old haunts. Though I am as shocked as @tamthebam would have been that the new building opposite the stadium is luxury student accommodation.

At the old Meadowbank we used to sell our own pies and they were quality ones from Bains the Butcher. I'm not sure what the various catering contracts are with Edinburgh Leisure but it would be nice if we could sell our own pies.  

The Burger van usually sells deep fried chip shop style ones... Shielfield also used to have a burger van when Berwick were in the League but last time I was down there they had restored their pie stall. 

14 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

At the old Meadowbank we used to sell our own pies and they were quality ones from Bains the Butcher.

I went to see City there thrice or so. On each visit they'd run out of pies by half time.

On a side note does anyone here happen to know how I go about watching thistle Clyde on premier sports as I won’t make the game. I only see the Aberdeen vs Airdrie listed as the live game but I’m aware they have shown multiple other live games. Is it accessed through some kind of red button iPlayer type concept with other viewing options? 

It's on my app (usual attention to detail with spelling), you can cast it to a bigger screen as well. 

I already had an annual subscription though, don't know what the options are if you don't. 

Screenshot_20240722_182739_Premier Sports.jpg

4 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

On a side note does anyone here happen to know how I go about watching thistle Clyde on premier sports as I won’t make the game. I only see the Aberdeen vs Airdrie listed as the live game but I’m aware they have shown multiple other live games. Is it accessed through some kind of red button iPlayer type concept with other viewing options? 

I think you need to buy the match-day pass? Otherwise if you have an ongoing subscription you should get it. 

7 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

It's on my app (usual attention to detail with spelling), you can cast it to a bigger screen as well. 

I already had an annual subscription though, don't know what the options are if you don't. 

Screenshot_20240722_182739_Premier Sports.jpg

Ah I see, I have an annual subscription to but through my virgin media box. If I get the app would that password then be the same as my virgin media app as it works the same with sky. I won’t have access to a tv to watch so need to figure out how to get it working through a laptop or phone. Not playing ball as of now! 

Not sure tbh, think I signed up online when it was viaplay and stupidly cheap, then linked the online account to my sky viewing card number. When it went back to Premier I think the login details just transferred over. Not sure how it works with virgin media, hopefully someone else can help. 

7 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

Ah I see, I have an annual subscription to but through my virgin media box. If I get the app would that password then be the same as my virgin media app as it works the same with sky. I won’t have access to a tv to watch so need to figure out how to get it working through a laptop or phone. Not playing ball as of now! 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Not sure tbh, think I signed up online when it was viaplay and stupidly cheap, then linked the online account to my sky viewing card number. When it went back to Premier I think the login details just transferred over. Not sure how it works with virgin media, hopefully someone else can help. 

I don't have any app but I can watch the choice of matches on my online Premier Sports TV account on their website. There's a user name and password but it's specific to Premier Sports obviously, not what my Sky password is.

I imagine the app works the same as the website and will have a specific user name and password for your Premier Sports account.

That SPFL Mediawatch tweeted before the first fixtures that Virgin customers have to buy a matchday pass separately and it's not part of their subscription unlike people who subscribe via Sky or directly who get it as part of their package.