14 minutes ago, Ascal said:

It's fair to criticise my take that St Johnstone at home is a must win game, I'll accept that.

But I'd ask this in response: if we don't expect to pick up a win against St. Johnstone at home, when can we expect one?

Kilmarnock lost 3-0 at home to St Johnstone today. If they can't beat St Johnstone at home, who can they beat?

I see your point, but Killie are a better team than that (see also Hearts, Hibs) and teams don't tend to come to Tannadice and implode without any real input from us, sadly. We're going to have to earn every win and after we've played last year's 10th and 11th ranked sides our league fixture list gets a lot scarier starting with a Hearts side who won't do us the courtesy of self destructing.

39 minutes ago, Ascal said:

I see your point, but Killie are a better team than that (see also Hearts, Hibs) and teams don't tend to come to Tannadice and implode without any real input from us, sadly. We're going to have to earn every win and after we've played last year's 10th and 11th ranked sides our league fixture list gets a lot scarier starting with a Hearts side who won't do us the courtesy of self destructing.

Killie aren't a better team than that, that's why the got beat 0-3 you moron. 

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Killie aren't a better team than that, that's why the got beat 0-3 you moron. 

They are infinitely better than your diddy mob anyway. Tough european game on Thursday and then get a guy sent off after 16 mins yet still had just as many chances than you did today. They will finish well above St Johnstone this season so wind your neck in you slavering idiot

The key in this league is to bounce back from defeats. I may be wrong but I’m not sure we lost two games back to back last season before the split which ensured our safety, and indeed a top six finish. I’m convinced, fwiw, that Utd will win enough games. Of course you want a win sooner rather than later or it can become difficult. The league will be much tighter this season and I think we’ll have 4/5 teams fighting to avoid the drop/play off right to the wire, and I include Dundee in that. I’m optimistic we will be fine but we won’t have the luxury of two or three really shite teams like last season. 

3 hours ago, Ascal said:

It's fair to criticise my take that St Johnstone at home is a must win game, I'll accept that.

But I'd ask this in response: if we don't expect to pick up a win against St. Johnstone at home, when can we expect one?

It's too early in the season to be expecting wins, we don't have a clue what level each team is sitting at currently, calm doon 😂

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

They are infinitely better than your diddy mob anyway. Tough european game on Thursday and then get a guy sent off after 16 mins yet still had just as many chances than you did today. They will finish well above St Johnstone this season so wind your neck in you slavering idiot

I genuinely can't think of a single save our keeper had to make, and struggling to even think of many Kilmarnock chances until the end. They hit the post twice, but the first would've been ruled out for a handball if it had gone in as the boy punched into his path for the shot.

Remember back when folk thought it was a bright idea to pay a tonne of money up front to bring Tony in early from Motherwell and now we're subbing his wages to go back there?!

33 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Can't remember if it was on here or Twitter but it was mentioned that Utd are still going to be paying the vast majority of his wages. 

We just need to consider it gardening leave cos he’s hardly going to be a good influence around the place in his current state of mind. 

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

We just need to consider it gardening leave cos he’s hardly going to be a good influence around the place in his current state of mind. 

Aye, having a senior player who obviously has a but of influence in the dressing room stinking out the place, unhappy with the manager, it seems sensible to punt him to whoever will pay the biggest share of his wages, even if that is a direct rival.

Just now, camer0n_mcd said:

Aye, having a senior player who obviously has a but of influence in the dressing room stinking out the place, unhappy with the manager, it seems sensible to punt him to whoever will pay the biggest share of his wages, even if that is a direct rival.

Even better if you can get him to a direct rival, tbf.