Germany v Scotland

Just now, Vietnam91 said:

Beating Spain is a distant memory.

optimism lasted 10 mins, fear of a cricket score by half time, we didn’t score our consolation goal, chance of mitigating GD to -3, last kick of the ball -4.

highligh noe is gonna be supporting whoever plays England l.

I've said it before but the Spain performance was a one off.  The win in Norway was one of the luckiest in Euro history and pretty much every other test we looked poor - Georgia away, Norway home, Spain away and pretty much every friendly since. 

The France and England matches were equally pathetic as this one so it shouldn't be a surprise.

McGregor taking a lot of stick but McTominay and McGinn were both absolutely stinking as well. 

I actually don't have a clue what Clarke will do. Hanley comes in for Porteous. You would think Ralston can't start but the fact he played 90 today make some think he doesn't fancy McRorrie in there. 

I think Gilmour will come in, probably for Christie. 

I think he might stick with Adams up top. 

Even after a horror show Gunn will get the nod as well

4 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

People not realising gilmour would have had no one to play to anyway? McGregor has been really consistent for a long time, no way should he be binned over gilmour.

If gilmour was to play it would of only made sense if we were playing a midfield 3 from the start.

Gilmour would have been in exactly the same area of the pitch that Wirtz picked the ball up in to score the opener, he was left unmarked and had the easiest of chances to open the scoring and that fucked things from there. 

I admire Clarke for trying something a bit offensive with the resources he had (taking injuries into account) but we fucked it early doors as we were getting nothing with the long ball plan to Adams. One of Gilmour's strengths is playing through midfield but we'd set up to bypass that and punt things forward, but Rudiger was on the cigars with that and it was the wrong choice.

1 minute ago, Stan Bo said:

McGregor taking a lot of stick but McTominay and McGinn were both absolutely stinking as well. 

I actually don't have a clue what Clarke will do. Hanley comes in for Porteous. You would think Ralston can't start but the fact he played 90 today make some think he doesn't fancy McRorrie in there. 

I think Gilmour will come in, probably for Christie. 

I think he might stick with Adams up top. 

Even after a horror show Gunn will get the nod as well

Of course Hanley will come in for Porteous.

And he'll stick with Adams and Gunn.

It's all so fuckin predictable.

Can people stop pretending the starting 11 wasn't the right starting 11 because of purely how the performance ended up?

The performance in general was shit and that's why what happened did. Gilmour would of got on the ball and had f**k all to do with it, he doesn't have the engine or defensive ability/physicality to play in a 2 man midfield against that German team.

Edited by ScottishLoon

14 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

That was brutal start to finish. Gunn has made it an impossible task with the weak wrist for the first goal. But for the entire time before that we were not at it. 

4 points was the target and will be enough to get through as a 3rd place runner up. 1-0 or 5-1 therefore doesn’t reeeeallly matter. The quality gulf was massive though and we were always needing something special tonight (especially with the hosts playing a home game, opening game etc). But the players and management have a big few days now with that score line and how much it was a shagging - continue the embarrassment or step up?

Also I saw a lot of fans and pundits ‘understanding’ of why Gilmour might not play tonight because blah blah. Madness.  He is an elite level player. And was a key way we could hold the ball, especially first 10/15 minutes.

MacGregor couldn’t lace Gilmour’s boots and it’s a massive mare from Clarke. He plays at such a low level comparably, is less of a player and his ‘experience’ is not relevant - looking like a player at Celtic park against Ross County and having a million medals when your 1/20 favourite to win them means f**k all when playing against Kroos and co. 

Flying out Monday and got a ticket for Switzerland. Really hoping the boys puff the chest and all have a stormer! 

While I agree with you about not playing Gilmour, I think your opinion on Gunn is wrong. Sure, he might have saved it, but a lot went wrong before Wirtz even had the chance to shoot. The goalkeeper is easily the least of our problems. 

Just now, sydney said:

While I agree with you about not playing Gilmour, I think your opinion on Gunn is wrong. Sure, he might have saved it, but a lot went wrong before Wirtz even had the chance to shoot. The goalkeeper is easily the least of our problems. 

I think positionally Gilmour would have had Wirtz for the opener.

Just now, ScottishLoon said:

If we can take anything from this is that it hopefully  somehow puts a rocket up everybody to stop this complacent shit performance slide and makes them angry and up for Switzerland.

They were shafted because they were complacent?  They were completely outplayed, couldn't even score the comical goal they got.