Big Team Found!

johnnydun

11 hours ago, Big Bobo said:

I am the only Scot in my family. My Dad ,Mum and brother are English and my partner is Welsh.

My parents moved up to Scotland as my Dad got transfered with his job. 

I have good banter with the family when the football is on. 

Anyway I will be wanting England to win if we go out, purely because it would make my family happy.

This. 

Italy. Love the country, love the anthem, love the way they play and strangle the life out of teams. Love that they ruined englands cocaine-fuelled party 3 years ago. 

Don’t think it’ll happen though. 

The Netherlands for me, when Scotland stopped qualifying for stuff I picked them for name reasons. 

Italy, for the classiness of their shitfesting - and for the memories.

Czechia, for being a brilliant footballing side down the years who don't get as much credit as they should.

Both are absolutely brilliant places to visit, too.

chiellini.jpg

Italy are probably my first team.

I love their whole mentality towards the game. 

The absolute love of defending and treating it as an art form. 

Their football intelligence even wheen they are poor footballers they still play with a degree of knowledge.

The calmness with which they play and their belief in how the game should be played. 

And how they are always deemed the bad guys, almost anti-football.

On 20/06/2024 at 08:14, Dons_1988 said:

Italy. Love that they ruined englands cocaine-fuelled party 3 years ago. 

Surely the Italian fans are European champions when it comes to coke-fueled arseholery?

In this tournament couldn't give a monkey's about anyone else to be honest. While we're in results that benefit Scotland please. Once we're out just want to see some good football and whoever plays it best win.

Generally if in it I'll want to see the Irish sides and Wales do well (although I'm going off the leek munchers a bit given how full of themselves they got for a while when Bale was carrying them). I don't hate England, but tend not to want them to do well in the way I would the other British and Irish sides. I treat England pretty much like any other foreign country.

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah but they’re sound about it 

They can be a bit stabby.

I do like their national team though. They play possession football very well.

25 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Spain are very easy on the eye this tournament.

Everyone is rightly raving about the hosts but the Spaniards have very quietly gone about their business beating both the defending champions and the team who made the last two World Cup SFs without conceding to either (Albeit they fell on the lucky side of two VAR decisions against Croatia). They’ve already won the group so they can probably just give their first choice XI the night off on Monday and it’ll mean going into the knockouts with fresh.

Spain v Germany in the quarters could be an absolute classic.

Scotland.  Scottish managers and players have been massive contributors to my English team, with our current left-back as Scotland captain.   My favourite footballer is Scottish.  My friend is Scottish and I will be texting him tonight, surrounded by his English family.  Being called Big Man.  Breakfast roll with Lorne sausage.  Still Game.

The Dutch team is a bit meh these days but I do enjoy the videos of their fans partying in the streets of the host cities, so hopefully they stick around for a while in the tournament,