Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇭🇺 Hungary

Scary Bear

Just now, embow said:

Pundits on tele having a go at the lot of them for the slow tempo and inability to create chances. David Moyes in particular giving it bluntly.

When Moyes is lamenting slow tempo, you’re really in trouble.

Against Germany, they worked like hell off the ball to shut down our full backs and force a square ball or a punt upfield to give them possession.  Hungary are mostly pressing our CBs allowing the full backs to push up and we are still doing zero. 

Edited by rainbowrising

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Arguably could have been.  

I only hope you typed that before the replay of it, otherwise you're having a laugh aren't you.  Right decision by the ref, who although overly fussy at times has got most stuff pretty much spot on.

Clarke needs to change this up - if he is true to his word pre-match (i.e. draw's no good, we need to win) then something needs changing up, because we've been pedestrian and lacking a cutting edge.  Adams either needs subbed or get some proper support for him, as we are really struggling to keep the ball up top so far, and our play against a team obviously looking to play on the counter has been akin to how we played again Norn Ireland (and look how that turned out).  Also (despite how certain posters of a certain persuasion feel) MvGregor hasn't looked right so far and has a big first 15-20 minutes of the second half, otherwise I'd be looking to swap him out too.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We don’t win, we aren’t advancing…it can’t be “worse” in that context…

We just to wait till about the 70th minute and it's still 0-0 then get Murray on the phone to Clarke to introduce him to the joys of full on Murrayball.

We've no pace. A couple of breakaways where you could actually see the Hungarian reeling him in, whereas other countries the forward would have varoomed into the penalty area.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What are folk expecting Adams to be doing?

He's shunted all around the place so McGinn and McTominay can float about and barely gets a pass within 25 yards of goal.

He's not being supported by midfield.

I'd hook him not because he's been poor but because he doesn't look fit.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

Tbf if I was a Hungary fan I'd be seething with that performance from my team.

That's our problem, thats about as bad as they can be and we're letting them off

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Moyes is right. Scotland look desperately short of a ball-carrying midfielder, who can actually break the lines. Armstrong is the best fit for that, I think. I'd be getting him on if not at half time then early in the second half. 

Aye I'd be hooking McGregor tbh. Gilmour is good enough to be the out ball in midfield. Get Christie or Armstrong on to take the ball forward. McGregor isn't going to do that.