Round of 16 thread

JS_FFC

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

The Caley won a bonus point in the league cup in 2017 2-0 in the shootoutIMG_4712.thumb.jpeg.5d02acb83b9e386b18571ba695a26da0.jpeg

Those of us of a certain vintage can recall Steau Bucharest beating Barcelona 2-0 on penalties after a 0-0 in the 1986 European Cup Final.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

12 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Irish pundits currently RIPPING THE PISH out of Ronaldo. Glorious. 

The same Irish pundits who were ripping the pish out of England? I’m trying to shake the following image out of my head - a German bar with Harry Kane, Jude Bellingham, Gareth Southgate, Bruno Fernandes, Ronaldo and Pepe all downing a beer and saying ‘fcuk off Irish cunto pundits, we’re in the quarters’.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

The same Irish pundits who were ripping the pish out of England? I’m trying to shake the following image out of my head - a German bar with Harry Kane, Jude Bellingham, Gareth Southgate, Bruno Fernandes, Ronaldo and Pepe all downing a beer and saying ‘fcuk off Irish cunto pundits, we’re in the quarters’.

Yep. Although to be fair, one of them’s German 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Quite fitting for a song with the lyrics “turn the lights off, carry me home” to be blaring out to tannoy there.

That canny be Blink 182. If a whiny Californian voice comes in here it's incredible. It IS Blink 182...Ye canny beat a bit of Blink 182

Is it just me getting old and miserable; can't remember a tournament with so many shit games. I thought the object of the game was to put the wee round thing in between they three bits of wood held together with that fish netting looking thingy.

I blame Pep for this passing the ball 100 times in your own half, at least Spain have learned after 12 years of it, that you need to try and hit that netty thing at the end of your 100 pass move.

Need to introduce a shot clock; think they have them in some sports  basketball maybe and some others. Obviously could be just getting more senile.

#giveusourfootballbackpal.

31 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Is it just me getting old and miserable; can't remember a tournament with so many shit games. I thought the object of the game was to put the wee round thing in between they three bits of wood held together with that fish netting looking thingy.

I blame Pep for this passing the ball 100 times in your own half, at least Spain have learned after 12 years of it, that you need to try and hit that netty thing at the end of your 100 pass move.

Need to introduce a shot clock; think they have them in some sports  basketball maybe and some others. Obviously could be just getting more senile.

#giveusourfootballbackpal.

The object is also to stop the other team from doing that or you end up with some nonsense like basketball.  

7 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Looking forward to watching Portugal and France spend 120 mins trying to get their star boys a goal before another shootout.

It should be a mouth watering fixture but I’m not holding out much hope. Portugal should drop Ronaldo and change the shape up front but they won’t do it. They are so rigid in their going forward and it’s all so they can accommodate him and he’s nearly 40.

20 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Has anyone  ever seen a goalkeeper save a penalty that was put High into a corner, .?

I think that would be impossible.

20 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Also why not include  shoot out goals in player career stats 

They aren't counted as being part of the game and are not goals.

36 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Has anyone  ever seen a goalkeeper save a penalty that was put High into a corner, .?

It's absolutely the best penalty to hit, but difficult to get accurate under the pressure, with a big possibility of missing the target.

36 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Also why not include  shoot out goals in player career stats 

^^^ Ronaldo fan found 😜

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

The object is also to stop the other team from doing that or you end up with some nonsense like basketball.  

Oh don't get me wrong, I love defending. My fave player is Baresi.

In all honesty defenders haven't had to do too much defending.

Players seem to want to retain possession rather than ask questions of defenders from most games I've watched.

Love a good tactical 0-0 with defenders battling hard against strikers. Can we honestly say we've seen that this tournament.

9 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Need to introduce a shot clock; think they have them in some sports  basketball maybe and some others. 

Scotland’s shot clock from Euro ‘24….

18274A33-0FA8-4B84-B115-14FFD69E656B.jpeg

Slovenia can f**k right off. That was all going brilliantly - Ronaldo crying, Fernandes being a huffy wee dick - and they went and shat the bed.

And their penalties were so bad, everyone remembered our play-off disaster. I will never forgive them.

Terrible ending last night with that shoot out. All set up as well after Ronnie's miss and the tears and snotters that followed.

Have the footballing gods taken this tournament off ? They better be cooking up an an all timer of an England exit.